This "Spoiler Lab" Is *CLOSED For Good*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hammers_fan

hammers_fan Dead on Arrival

Re: Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions

Personally, I think we'll see Sara Sidle in more than just the season premiere. At least the first 2 episodes I reckon. They know bringing her character back will boost the ratings and the season premiere will get good ratings anyway - regardless of whether she's there or not. Then I'm guessing what usually happens is viewing figures decrease. By having her appear in more than just the opener, it's a sure-fire way of keeping the ratings high. Being from the UK, I'm really don't get the whole "sweeps" thing - but they can use Sara's reappearance as a (not so secret) weapon against the competition. She's a popular enough character that her eps will get higher ratings - and isn't it just all about ratings in the end (?)

I'm actually just as looking forward to seeing the new opening credits for season 9 as the premiere. Wondering who'll get a promotion to the main credits this year, like Hodges was last.

And it does seem a logical choice to have Nick find Warrick, he was the only one left at restaurant I think? - the others had already left.

2. flashofgenius

flashofgenius Victim

I don't think there is any connection between the girl and the Undersheriff at all. There were too many other variables involved for her to have been a diversionary tactic to get Warrick to leave on his own.

She might have seen the shooting or something but that's it.

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I agree hammers_fan what would be the point of her just showing up for one ep.? Jorja wanted to do her play and she did, then she traveled a bit, which she stated she wanted to do:bolian:also 6 months has elasped, so and my thinking is the writers brought us to the pinnacle of her's and Grissoms relationship, what, to just blow her off:wtf:, Sara the character had to take care of her issues, and by now hopefully she has, and with her buddy in dire straits [I still think he lives] she'll come back full force, I remember when she stated on her KTLA interview a few months back that her mgr. said "this was the worst mistake she'd ever made" [leaving CSI] and people do change they're minds, and then there's the prospect of a "sweet deal" that we know nothing of, which would of course could mean more moolah:alienblush:

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Or this chick was used to divert Nick and maybe she went out the back to tell the Sheriff Warrick was on his way. Wasn't it just too convenient that she was a redhead?

5. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

But if you remember correctly, Jorja was also upset with the tone of the show--how dark it had become, and how sad it was with dealing with death.

This sounds like a one episode deal, in my opinion. But like we all know, :lol: Ausiello is always wrong. ;)

6. LostInEvidence

LostInEvidence Hit and Run

I agree with most of the people here. I think Nick is going to be shot down by the waitress, then he'll go outside and see Warrick's car still there and find him hit in the neck. He'll get him to a hospital, but it'll be too late. :( But, quite obviously, it will be a very emotionally charged episode.

I think that if the episode is titled "For Warrick", even though that friggen' Undersheriff is investigating the case, the team we'll launch an undercover case of their own and find the guilty one in all of this.

Screw that Undersherrif. He can rot for what he did! :scream:

--Ally

7. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

My guess about the waitress girl, is she was heading into the kitchen area of the diner which wouldn't technically be outside. So I doubt she saw anything, she may have heard something.

I agree that Nick will finally call it a night, walk out, notice Warrick's car still parked and wonder why he hasn't left. He'll walk over all like, hey man, and then go into freak out mode when he sees Warrick slumped over the steering wheel or the door whichever way he ended up.

And I had a stange feeling that the 9x01 would be called "For Warrick". I also would have gone with "Dead Man Walking" in reference to the Under Sherrif but.....the other one works too. ;)

8. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

We all know that Warrick doesn't have any family and I'm not sure if the divorce with Tina had been finalized or not, so I wonder who will have to pull the plug if he does survive but gets put on life support as he's in a coma. Nick or Grissom both make sense, but IMO it'd be nice to see Grissom showing some emotion when he has to make the decison.

9. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

ulg, suck it up! seriously, its fake...fake fake fake. Real people deal with real death for very little money, this isn't even close.

Well, i did call it, i said leaving the show would be a huge mistake for her, i doubt if she will get any mainstream work after this. Happens to most actors in hit tv shows...

Anyhoo, i like that she is coming back for the funeral, and it sounds like they are not going to skip ahead in time which is good, i like the immediate reaction. I am worried about a couple of things:

-vomit inducing scenes reducing Grissom down to a love stricken old guy with sara...ewwww....we don't need those scenes in CSI. We finally got rid of them, i don't want that to come back.
    -if she is coming back from finding herself, aka running away from her problems since her and grissom have a 'spectacular' relationship yet she can't be in vegas to solve them...how are they going to explain her leaving after one eppy? She has to leave to solve more of her problems? Ulg, this is one big crap of a storyline, and i don't think it can be salvaged.

10. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

When I click the TV.com article, what it actually says is "Sara may return when she hears the news". Did it always say "may"? Or have they changed it?

11. LostInEvidence

LostInEvidence Hit and Run

Agreed. Though Nick would be my first choice, to see Grissom show emotion with that kind of decision would be so gut-wrenching. It'd be like one of those scenes that are so sad, you enjoy them, but in a very dark and depressed way. :(

--Ally

12. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

You know Sara could return for this episode and it could be that she will be at the funeral and stand in the shadows so no one sees her. I mean she runs off to solve problems, comes back for the funeral and then has to leave again. I mean please.

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but she isn't returning full time to the show. I'm sorry I don't believe all her the show was getting too dark stuff, the show always has been like that.

Her leaving came down to the fact they weren't offering her enough money and she has said in previous interviews how unhappy and mad she's been since being fired. We all know the contract talks were not going the way she hoped.

I'm sure she wanted to do other stuff, but she isn't coming back full time. Was this the biggest mistake of her life, doubt it. If she is happy and content to what she is doing now, then it wasn't.

I'm not sure how the waitress plays in all of this, the rumor was she was suppose to be Nick's girlfriend but maybe not. Ok, I'm really hoping not, but it could've been just a reason for Nick to stay behind so he is the one to find Warrick.

I'm not worried about the Undersheriff getting away with this, you know the team will figure it out. I just wonder if it's something that will be drawn out during the season or it will take more than one episode to figure it out.

13. Desertwind

Some fans might want to add to their comments "in my opinion" cause' they're sure not speaking for the masses:vulcan: what some find disgusting, others find spectatular! And she has been doing things, a play, volunteer work, and bought a new home, she's a busy gal, but her friends on CSI in real life maybe talked her into it, after all Billy was the one who many thought he would not sign up, but he did:thumbsup: and Marg also signed up, so she may follow suit & bottom line basic "misses the show and her friends" people change their minds with time! here's another site that tells all about it!

READ IT HERE

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  14. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Well that would depend on which masses your talking about. You might want to add IMO to your post too, because I'm not everyone and I knew he would sign a contract, but I respect your opinion as you need to respect mine. Besides nothing is written in stone and things could change, but I still don't think she is coming back full time.

In any case, the season premiere is going to be heart breaking no matter how you look at it and this is going to be a long summer. And I'm still not sure how this Bryce Adams is going to fit in, but I'm willing to wait and see.

15. Desertwind

stokesgirl my post was not geared towards you, at all, just some negative comments on here, and I do try and respect others views, theories, & opinions:thumbsup: I'm just thinking it would be strange if a former CSI team member just stopped by for one ep. what would be the point? not saying it couldn't be, once again my views on this never ending "will she or won't she saga":confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.