This "Spoiler Lab" Is *CLOSED For Good*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Re: Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions

Okay just a TWO gentle reminders...

1. If you wish to discuss the actors coming and going, without spoilers there is a thread called, Attention: LV Renewed S-9, Contract Info *No Spoilers* in which you can do so. - I reference the first post/page one... "This thread is for the discussions, opinions regarding the future "episodes, story-lines and character spoilers as it relates to the current season in the US." This thread has nothing to do with the actor/actresses themselves, ship discussions in general, or past episodes each of these have their own respective threads and or forum. Some comparisons to past eps is fine, as long as it follows the line of your current discussion but don't let it dominate."

2. As to Nicks Possible girlfriend, as I stated in the season finale thread, when the age thing came up. - When it comes to Stephanie's age comments such as Father/daughter, and little snarky or sarcastic comments are bordering on absurb and really unnecessary. If you don't like her or the idea of the age gap, there are other ways to express it. But really we haven't been fully introduced to her, we don't know how the show will deal with her character (ie how often she might even be seen). When GSR was going on, we asked regarding comments, snarky, sarcastic, or just plain nasty to stop this relationship (again should the show persue it) is no different. - Want to discuss the relationship as it PERTAINS to the episode then that is fine, lets just keep it civil. And just to be sure your aware, let me remind you ALL regarding the rule of "Show Criticism" "It's fine to say a certain aspect of CSI is bad, as long as you don't insult the people who think otherwise, and as long as you actually back up what you say. Jumping in and shouting "[Name Sucks]" is not an acceptable form of constructive criticism."

Thank you. ;)

2. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Actually the actress is 23 years old.

In any case, just a couple of corrections on the birthdays:

Nick was born in 1971, Sara in 1972

Has anyone heard if the season premiere will be 2 hours? I know they'll usually count 2 hours as separate episodes, i.e. episode one and two, but I wonder. Are they going to solve this thing in one episode or carry it out through the season.

Just wondering if anyone had heard.

3. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I would love to see Sara back even if is just to attend Warrick's funeral. A death scene for Warrick will be hard to watch if those rumors are true.
    I am hoping this season we get some more funny Greg scenes. It seems lately they have not been there.
    I also love the scenes with Nick shirtless, of course.
    I have to say Hodges has grown on me and the fact that she is a complete idiot when it comes to people is very entertaining.
    I am sure the cases will continue to keep me wanting more and as for Wendy I would love for her to get some time in the field or a storyline that lets the viewers know more about her.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Did they change their birthdates? Cause the info I posted I got a long time ago from a post at fanforums' CSI board. Someone had found the info somewhere. It's possible tptb changed the year dates unless the original person who put that on a website (wherever the person on fanforums got it) made a typo or something. It's possible that they changed the dates ... I mean, is Lindsey really supposed to be as old as she is now? A couple of seasons ago she was 12. Now she's 15-16? I think they changed her age for storyline possibilities (but then never got to those storylines lol). So, I guess they could have changed Nick and Sara's ages as well. I could see them making Nick even younger if they decide to have the waitress on more as his gf (in order to make the age gap even less). Let's face it, George could play a lot younger than his real age. :lol: As for chemistry b/w the waitress and Nick, I don't think there was enough of her in the episode to really gauge that... at least not for me.

Me too, on both accounts. Actually, I'd love to see a scene of Nick and Greg playing basketball and both without their shirts. :drool: I mean, we've seen both shirtless on the show before. Nick's pool adventure :lol: and Greg's shower after being exposed to a possible toxic mold. I could see them playing basketball together. I could see Nick and Warrick doing that too, but that can never happen now (unless there are flashbacks).

Sure... I mean, look at ER. Several of its leading men left the show and the show is still going on (which actually surprises me, but...) without them. George Clooney, Anthony Edwards, Noah Wyle (and others)... and then Goran (can't spell his last name lol) left and they brought in John Stamos (who is very well known and pretty popular due to his Full House days).

Hmm.. intriguing title. Do we have any other info on the ep yet?

5. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I don't know who posted that, but Nick was always born in 1971 (ok, as far as I know he's always been born in 1971). That was on the CBS show site, but they've taken the character bios down. But then again, who knows, you could be right and they changed it.

Well, I wonder if Greg will be on the plane on his way to his book meetings? I'd really like to see tptb continue this storyline. Like I said, they should actually published it and see what happens. Could you imagine being on a plane and then receive the call (I think cells are allowed on planes now, aren't they :confused:) that Warrick is dead. Talk about not being able to do anything.

I don't know how they're going to show the team together, one last time, if Warrick dies at the beginning. So I'm thinking he'll die at the end. Though it might be a more dramatic if he dies in Nick's arms. Ok, it would be dramatic either way. Oh, this episode is going to be gut wrenching.

6. kabcsi

kabcsi Dead on Arrival

Actually Sara's birthday September 16th not the 17th

7. kabcsi

kabcsi Dead on Arrival

Well I agee with you when you said that the episode should be about warrick, a lot of gsr fans actually agree with you, I'm one of them. But because TPTB have decided to have Sara in the premiere I can't imagine her not saying anything or not doing anything that involves grissom, I think your right though that if there is gsr they should leave it at a mimimum. Maybe a hug, or pec, something small. This is Warricks episode.

The big age difference between grissom and sara is nothing. WP and his wife are about 18 years apart. Age is but a number, its about love. If you loved someone that was 15 years older then you you would not want someone to make an issue or complain about your relationship. You say the waitress was only on for 15 seconds, (not that I'm complaining because I think that nick needs some companionship) but yet a lot of the times people complain aobut the 15-30 seconds of grissom and sara moments. People say that gsr is taking over the show that's not true. We get little scenes that are less than a minute long, some cut scenes, scenes that are supposed implied gsr, when its means nothing. I love grissom and sara, and that is alright that you don't, but please do not bash a ship or critisize it, because if it was a ship like grillows then you would be all for it and defensive.

Kabcsi

8. GregNickRyanFan

I think airplanes have phones on them, but I'm not sure if you're allowed to use your own phones. I guess you could try, but they might not work. :lol: I kind of think Greg will be in his hotel room when he finds out about Warrick. He'll get on a plane right away and go back to Vegas. It would be dramatic to see Warrick die in Nick's arms. I like Nick being emotional because it gives George the oppurtunity to show just what an amazing actor he is.

Exactly. I wouldn't mind seeing her standing with Griss at the funeral, holding his hand or whatever and then when she gets ready to leave (giving him whatever reason she can't stay), she gives him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I think that would be perfect and sweet. And it wouldn't be overdone. I think it wouldn't make the Warrick fans mad to see a little interaction, but then again, I can't really speak for them, can I? :lol:

Yeah, as long as one of the people isn't under the legal age, I don't really see the problem. Sure it can be controversial, but love is love.

I too have no objections to this waitress. I didn't see enough of her to make any kind of decision. It's possible that she was just a plot diversion... a reason for Nick not to leave with Warrick. As for GSR, I don't think there was enough of them together for there to be complaints. Everything was very subtle until Sara's last episode (which was understandable to have the less than subtly in that episode). I do not in anyway think they were taking over the show. :lol: I can't imagine why anyone would really even say that. I even thought their conversation in that one episode (where they were at some kind of old-fashioned like saloon/cathouse) where Sara asked him if he'd ever been with a prostitute and I can't remember exactly what he said in response, but I thought that scene was kind of cute.

I'm sorry if you misunderstood my post, but I was not in any shape or form bashing or criticizing GSR. I was just using their age difference as an analogy to how its silly for people to be complaining about Nick and the waitress. The age differences between both couples is so close. I just don't understand the big deal about the age differences. That's all I meant. Again, I apologize if that wasn't clear in my post.

It's true that I would not have voted to have Gil and Sara have a relationship and that if they had to have someone on the show hook up, I would have personally preferred Gil and Cath, but... that's just my preference. I have no objections to anyone else shipping Gil and Sara just because I do not. That would just be silly of me if I did.

I just meant that it was more effective as a storyline that they were subtle about it and that they didn't take it over the top. It made the kiss on her last episode much more effective because it was the first (and seemingly at the time the last) time we'd ever see that. I think that if the show had shown the two of them rolling around in the bed or making out in the broom closest (like some other shows do), it wouldn't have been as effective. It wouldn't have made you feel for them as much as you did. She hated leaving, but knew it was best for her sanity or whatever. That was a very powerful scene and I just think that it wouldn't have been so powerful if they'd gone over the top with the couple stuff. They were very subtle and that was nice. I think it was very smart on the writers' parts to do it the way they did it (as far as the relationship goes).

I do not hate Sara (in fact, I even used to be a Sandle shipper), but I do have issues with things the writers have done with her character (ie: not having her apologize to Catherine). I think that (as I stated before) it was a great disservice to the character as well as to Jorja that the writers didn't have her apologize to Catherine. The reason? I think that some people may have stopped like Sara after that point. I personally don't blame Sara, I blame the writers. :lol: But, I can also see how it could make some people stop liking the character. There are some people who find it hard to draw a line between the character and the actress and some of those who dislike Sara have put that dislike onto the actress which is completely unfair in my opinion. Some people though have a hard time telling the difference between fact and fiction. :lol:

I didn't think anything I said could have been taken as bashing or critcizing the pairing. I certainly didn't mean for it be taken that way. Nevertheless, I'm edited that previous post to try to clarify the point I was trying to make.

I do want to add about the age thing:

I was only saying that it's just strange that one bothers people (Nick and the waitress) when the other doesn't (Gil and Sara). I don't really give a flying flip about the age difference, personally. :lol: Age is irrelevant. :) Love comes in all shapes, forms, sizes and ages (look at Demi and Ashton who have a big age gap, but seem to be happy together). As long as one of them isn't under the legal adult age, what's the big deal? I mean maybe it would be weird if the guy was 90 and the girl was 19 or 20, but come on... Nick and the waitress is hardly that.

That is all I meant and was trying to say. Again, I apologize if it was taken the wrong way. But, I made the previous post at almost 2am my time. I was tired and blurry-eyed, so maybe that's why it may not have been clarified enough. But, I was in no way bashing the G/S relationship. I wouldn't do that (no matter how I felt about it) because I try to respect the people who do like them. I can state something like "I don't like the pairing" or "I prefer so and so with a different person", but I can't say "this relationship sucks" or something to that effect (like I've seen done on other sites) because that would be completely disrespectful to other fans. If I was going to say anything extremely negative about a particular pairing, I would leave it in the shipper's forum in the thread for the pairing of my choice. I would not put it where fans of that pairing could see it. Again, that would be completely disrespectful.

So, I'm sorry if my post was misinterpreted. That's what sometimes happens on the internet cause it's hard to tell the tone in which a comment is intended when you can't hear the person's voice. Again, I'm sorry if I upset anyone because that was certainly not my intention.

Again, I edited the previous post to make some clarifications and I hope that it no longer is mistaken as bashing anyone or any pairing, character, etc.

Last edited: May 30, 2008
  9. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

The problem with the age difference is this so typical Hollywood. Why do they have to hire someone half his age to play the girlfriend? They can't hire an actress closer to him in age to play her. There are a lot of beautiful talented actresses out there who are in the late 30s/early 40s that could play her, but no it has to be some young thing. It gets tired.

And the age difference in relationships may not make a difference to some, but it can affect the relationships.

I also don't feel anyone is bashing GSR, especially GregNickRyanfan. I don't think it's right to accuse her of it. Just because some of us don't like GSR and voice our opinions, doesn't mean we're bashing it. GSR fans just have to accept that not everyone agrees or likes this relationship and doesn't want to see it referred to in every episode, just like we're told to accept GSR. The GSR fans get what they want and that's great, I'd be happy to if I was a GSR fan, but the rest of us would like to see other things and it doesn't seem to matter to the tptb.

I totally respect all GSR fans and their opinions and you have to accept ours.

Sorry Destiny, I went way off topic again. I'm trying to behave, but I really needed to get this off my chest. Ok, I think I better just read posts in this thread and not respond.

10. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I certainly didn't meant to be snarky, but Stokesgirl put it best when she said in reference to the age gap between Nick and the girl being typical Hollywood. I always thought CSI was a better then that, they've even kind of ridiculed May/December romances. As for GSR, Grissom and Sara were r unique because IMHO Sara is an old soul (in that she held a certain air of wisdom even in her younger years), so the age gap never really showed between them. I just took one look at the actress and then the character and said, no, no, no it doesn't work. So I hope this romance does not come to fruition. She looks very, very young and naive.

It's just a tiring storyline is all. I just think TPTB is just trying to bring in younger viewers. I hope the whole thing takes up at least 2 seconds of an episode is all. Or TPTB comes to their senses.

11. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I got these from The Ultimate CSI book, written by associate producer Corinne Marrinan and published in 2006, for what it's worth...

Grissom 8/17/56
    Catherine 3/26/63
    Warrick 10/10/71
    Nick 8/18/71
    Sara 8/16/71
    Greg 5/7/75
    Doc Robbins 1/19/53
    Super Dave 6/22/72
    Brass 1/2/51

12. GregNickRyanFan

Thanks for posting this, Smokey. Wow! Super Dave is older than I would have thought he was. Brass is older than Doc Robbins? I wonder what Wendy, Henry, Archie and Hodges' ages are.

==

I agree with the fact that its kind of a Hollywood cliche. I would hope that if they give Nick a serious relationship that they hire an actress who is fairly well-known... at least as well known as George Eads is.

Thanks, stokesgirl. I agree that it's great that the GSR fans get to see any interaction between the couple they ship.

Could someone help me with something though: I could have sworn that when CSI first aired, in the first episode Griss and Cath were talking and alluded to the fact that they had possibly had a relationship (or maybe fling) together in the past. But, after getting the DVD of that Season, that scene was no longer in it. Did I just imagine that scene or did they remove it on purpose?

Well, I agree that Sara does seem like an old soul and that did help make the age difference less obvious.

She did look young, but to me Nicky doesn't look as old as he is either, so it wouldn't really bother me. :lol: I'd still rather they get a more well-known actress to play the role of Nick's gf. I think it would go over better... even if she were in her 20s. But, as long as they don't bring in someone overly popular just for a ratings boost, I'll be okay. Stunt casting just irritates me. :lol: Shows like Will and Grace were famous for it. But, the waitress did remind me a little of Alicia Witt. I believe that's her name... the one from Cybill and 70s show.

If they wanted to do that though, wouldn't it make more sense to bring in someone that younger viewers were familiar with? I don't think anyone even knows this actress from anything.

Last edited: May 31, 2008
  13. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

9.03 Art Imitates Life

There's Warrick continuity in this episode. The CSIs and lab techs have to go through grief counsellings, including Grissom, Greg, Hodges, Wendy, Ecklie, and Mandy (no mention of Catherine or Nick in the counseling yet in the script). The conversations aren't mandatory, but asked.

The new CSI's name is Riley Adams, and no longer Bryce Adams.

The cases involves dead bodies that were found painted. I count five dead bodies in the script.

No Sara in the script so far.

14. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

*Walks in, goes back to door, looks at signs on wall in hall* yep "Shipper Central" is located out the door to the right and three doors down (forums down) if its not pertaining to said episode. *Cleans door sign, leaves for ballgame on tv* Thanks :)

15. kabcsi

kabcsi Dead on Arrival

Thank you, and I'm sorry that I misinterpreted your post. You are right, and have valid points, and you are entitled to your opinion, as am I and everyone on this board. I like talking about stuff like this because it allows you to see both sides of the nieghborhood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.