This "Spoiler Lab" Is *CLOSED For Good*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Re: Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions

Second episode info posted in the CSI Files News Items seems to suggest that he is indeed gone.

Meanwhile, the entire team must deal with their grief over Warrick's loss. Nick even imagines that he sees his old friend on the street, but it's merely a stranger.

2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

ITA Destiny, I guess TPTB feel if they put down that the new character is an intelligent woman, nobody would would want to watch it. Smart doesn't sell-at least the way TV sees it.

Personally, I think CSI could go on without Billy as long as they find the right person to take over the role. Certainly, a lot of Billy fans would not want to watch the show, but there are also a lot of people out there who aren't fans of Billy who may decide to watch it. And while I'm not one of them because I LOVE the man:drool: (GE still rules my heart though), I know a few people who really don't like him and won't the show because of him.

I'd still watch it, but I'd really miss Grissom and his fetal pig and his bugs-well not his bugs..I hate bugs..but it would certainly be a different CSI without him.

And I'm glad Sara is coming back for a few eps-it will be nice to see her.

3. kabcsi

kabcsi Dead on Arrival

I disagree, I dont think that the csi can go along without billy. Grissom, brings something to the show that makes the show csi, its won't be the same without him. Now you have a point that not everyone loves him, but majority of csi fans do. One of the user previously stated that the ratings have dropped because of gsr, that's not entirely true. Yes you do have those who stop watching because of it, but according to tv quide 85% said they wanted to see more of grissom and sara. On the extra features on the season seven dvd's one of the writers stated that 60-70% of csi fans are also gsr fans. With that said majority of those who watch csi are gsr fans. So if you take billy out the picture, and 70% of those fans lilke grissom, not to mention those who favor grillows, like grissom as well, then you have a lot of dissapointed fans, and dissapointed fans don't like to be dissapointed for long, they will eventually or imedietly will stop watching. Someone else metion that most csi fans watch because of the cases, this to is not true, most of us on this site and on other sites talke about what? The cases, no a lot of can care less, we talk about the characters. Do we fuss about the case, no we fuss about who dates who. If veiwers wanted to watch about cases there is something called Court Tv. Now you have a few veiwers who do like the cases, I like them, but what makes the cases gold is the characters, their emotions, their responses, and how they solve it. Not the victom, not the evidence, but the cases. So people watching the

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I pretty much agree with what you said kabcsi and BTW welcome,[​IMG] all the "shipper" threads prove that, I like both the cases and the CSI characters working on them in close proximity and how different they all are, yet all have a common bond! and Grissom, no one can ever come close to replacing him he's magnetic, charming, charismatic and a powerful actor:thumbsup: and I've never met one fan that didn't rave about how great he was, and only watch CSI because of him, [I'm in sales] and on the 'what's happening next" it always says 'subject to change' rough drafts, and everything changes, constantly, I'm surprised that TPTB have let so much out of the bag so soon:wtf:

5. allmaple

allmaple Judge

well now you have :p :lol: honestly, even if my george left i would reserve judgement on the result before turning off the tv or not. i think its silly to get so worked up about what we dont even know is going to happen. this applies to all the possible casting changes for next year too ;)

maybe they are desperate because of falling ratings. all shows have been losing viewers, and maybe they think if they flood the media with their plans they can attract people back.

Last edited: May 30, 2008
  6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

As far as "falling ratings' not the case, in the finale CSI came in #4 with 18.1 millions viewers, only beaten by the ever popular "American Idol" and "Dancing With The Stars" it usually maintains ratings in the top 10 Neilsen Media Research and always beats out Miami & NY;) and on characters, everyone is entitled to his or her's opinions, that's the nature of the many characters we have to choose from:thumbsup:

7. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

Mia was great but I must say I prefer Wendy, now. I hated her in the begining. I do miss Mia though, and probably will always hope for reapperance from her. Sofia, I loved to hate her. Then I just loved her. The show is missing something without her. Ronnie didn't fall pray to the whole bad test thing, she was never supposed to last. I had kinda hoped she would though.

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I read in Associated Press that ratings for all dramas and comedies have been in a sharp decline due to the Writers' Strike. People did not come flooding back to their TV sets as they expected, so they are resorting to allowing spoilers out sooner then expected. I don't think the WGA took this into consideration when they went on strike-the fact that they may not as much of an audience to write for when they came back. People found other ways to entertain themselves. I for one, watched lots of Animal Planet and National Geographic. I read an article by a guy who went out and bought some old TV shows on DVD and watched a lot of that during the strike.

And I wouldn't be so hung up TVGuide polls because I could go to any poll out there and vote a milllion different times and skew the votes. I could go out and start an online poll on how many cats watch CSI because of George Eads and perhaps 90 per cent would say yes. Online Polls are not scientific. And the TPTB who said that on the DVD are not always right. I've heard many of them say this and that and it wasn't the case, and I'd like to see where they got that number.

I really don't believe that ratings dropped dramatically because of Sara and lack of GSR. From what I've read, ratings for most shows have dropped including Grey's Anatomy which has declined dramatically this season.

I also recall that the ratings did very well when Keppler was there, but for those who say "No Billy, NO CSI" well that's your decision. Lots of people said "No William Shatner, No Star Trek" but then Patrick Stewart came along and the new Star Trek was equally amazing, in fact I'd liked it better then the first one. So, while I'm not touting a CSI The Next Generation, I certainly would be open-minded to a new lead actor. Billy P is not the only strong actor out there in Hollywood.

And as for spoiler coming out so soon, well, they need to resort to something to bring back the viewers. So they think that bringing in 'young' and 'flirty' characters and setting up 40 year old men with 20 year old waitresses is the ticket. Okay,! I get it! Maybe I should start my own TV show, but then my characters would be described as intelligent and nobody would watch it.

9. allmaple

allmaple Judge

what i was referring to is they used to average 27 million per episode, so 18 is kind of pathetic compared to two years ago. i think myfuturecsi had some good points about contributing factors to the decline.

unfortunately, the media does not give us much credit when it comes to advertising (has anyone seen the ridiculous 'diamond shreddies' commercial??) so they are going to resort to the tried and true methods. theres no denying sex sells, so while some of us think it is a cheap tactic to use it does work.

10. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Well, I'd like to know where the producers got their 60-70% GSR fans, because I don't recall voting in this alleged poll and I wouldn't have voted for GSR. Not going by TV Guide either, because lets be realistic, if these polls asked every CSI fan out there their opinion, I'd bet the numbers would change drastically.

I believe the show could go on without Grissom. Now I've always liked Grissom's character, more before GSR, but I still like the character. Would CSI be different without him? Yes! CSI would be different no matter what character left. I'm talking the main case here.

I'm not really looking forward to seeing more of Sara and another season focused on GSR. It's really about time to focus more on the other characters. Yes, I'm glad Nick is getting more screen time and he deserves more, so does Greg. So put GSR on the back burner, don't mention in every episode and lets get back to the team and their great chemistry. I'm all for showing personal lives every once in awhile, but I don't think it should be mention in every episode. Whether in a direct or indirect way.

Now everyone is talking about Warrick's funeral. Why do I think there will no funeral. This is CSI and I just don't see it, but I could be wrong. I can see Warrick either dying at the beginning in Nick's arms or someone will pull the plug, you'll here the flat line and then it will fade to black. Actually instead of pulling the plug they should have him be an organ donor, that would be the best way to do it. That is if Warrick doesn't die until the end of the episode. This is more how I see CSI doing it, because they sorta of already do things this way.

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

You forgot Greg mentioning how Warrick helped him his first day as a CSI. When Greg came dressed in the wrong kind of attire for the job, Warrick set him straight. :)

As for GSR, I really hope they don't go there. As some have already said, it would take away from Warrick's situation. The episode should be about Warrick and the way the team deals with the loss of Warrick. It should not be about Grissom and Sara and a lot of people are going to peeved if it is. And by a lot of people, I'm referring to those who are huge Warrick fans (not those who don't like GSR).

And I agree with stokesgirl. I would never have voted for GSR either. As far as ships go, I'd be in the Grillows camp cause that's where I was from the very first ep (before Sara came on the show). I liked Sara (as a character, not as a love interest for Grissom), but I think the writers did her character a great disservice by not having her apologize to Catherine for the way she went off on her regarding that husband/wife case. Catherine did NOT deserve that at all. I know Sara's had a traumatic past and all, but the writers still should have had a scene of her apologizing to Catherine instead of only having the scene with her crying to Grissom and telling him her problems. I mean, I get the G/S scene because he's the only one she feels comfortable enough around to break down like that in front of. So, that scene made sense. But, they could have also had Sara go to Catherine and explain why she freaked out (not necessarily telling her whole life story), but something like: "I freaked out because this case hit too close to home and I'm sorry that I took that out on you." That just would have been nice to see and I think it would have kept the Sara dislike to a minimum for the most part (in general).

And I hope to goodness that the whole "Grissom and Sara try to get Sara a job as a lab tech" thing is a joke, a fanfic or a lie/rumor because it sounds really stupid for an episode IMO. Not because they'd be in a scene together (that doesn't bother me that much), but because the whole trying to get her a job as a lab tech thing is just... it seems kind of silly to me. As a fic, it'd be fine, but for an episode... not so much.

As far as GSR goes, I was grateful that TPTB never really had any lovey-dovey scenes between the two (and by the I mean lots of kissing scenes and the like) because it would have taken away from the show. I'm glad that it was more subtle than a right there in your face or shoved down your throat (like I've seen on some shows) kind of thing.

In the premiere, it would be nice for the GSR fans to have a decent scene of closure. I think the GSR fans were completely cheated out of that when Sara originally left. And I don't know about them, but if it were me with a couple I shipped, I'd be upset with that ending.

And why is Greg the only one left that Bryce could hook up with? Why couldn't she hook up with Nick? He's still single.

As for Nick and waitress: Nick is almost 38 (born in August of 1970). So a 23 year old with a 38 year old is not that big of a deal (the age of the actor is irrelevant unless the actress were under 18 which she isn't). I still don't understand why people are making such a big deal of this when this show had Grissom and Sara together and their age difference is just as big (only using this as a comparrison, not being critical about GSR). Sara is a year younger than Nick, Grissom is almost 52 (born in 1956). Both makes 15 years age difference. So, if people say that the waitress (whom someone said is 23 IRL) is young enough to be Nick's daughter, isn't it also true that Sara is technically young enough to be Grissom's daughter? Cause Nick and the Waitress have 15 years age difference (if the character is the same age as the actress) and Sara and Griss have 15 years age difference. Why when GSR isn't a big deal about age would Nick/waitress be a big deal? I just don't get this argument at all. It just leaves me sort of confused as to what the big deal is. I mean, if the show didn't have Grissom and Sara together with a 15 year age difference, maybe the Nick/waitress argument would make more sense to me, but with GSR, it just doesn't. No one is mentioning how big an age difference there is between G & S. :confused: AGain, not saying there's anything wrong with GSR age difference, only using it as an analogy to Nick/waitress.

People are making such a big deal out of Nick and the waitress (who by the way was only on screen for all of fifteen, thirty seconds, tops) but, would there be this big a deal being made if it was the woman who was fifteen - eighteen years older than the guy? I don't believe there would be. I mean if Greg was to hook up with say Catherine for example, people would be all like "go greg". No one would be saying "he's young enough to be her son". Well, technically that's a bad analogy cause there's only 12 years age difference there (though I guess it would be possible for her to have a kid at 12 years old :lol: ), but okay lets say someone three years older than Catherine hooked up with Greg. It wouldn't be made as big a deal as the Nick/Waitress thing. The double standard really bothers me. :lol:

===

In case anyone is interested, here are the DOBs for both the characters and the actors:

Nick Stokes - August 18th, 1970
    George Eads - March 1st, 1967

Gil Grissom - August 17th, 1956
    William L. Petersen - Feb 21st, 1953

Catherine Willows - March 26th, 1963
    Marg H. - Nov 16th, 1958

Warrick Brown - Oct 10th, 1970
    Gary Dourdan - Dec 11th, 1966

Sara Sidle - Sept 17th, 1971
    Jorja Fox - July 7th, 1968

Jim Brass - Jan 3rd, 1953
    Paul Guilfoyle - July 6th, 1955

Greg Sanders - May 5th, 1975
    Eric Szmanda - July 24th, 1975

===

Funny how only Eric is the same age as his character. :lol:

==

Oh, I agree with those who would like to see Wendy as a CSI. I like Lauren Lee Smith (liked her on Mutant X) and think she might work as a new addition, but I would still rather see Wendy as a CSI than a new character altogether. I'm not gonna say "they need more hot guys" cause I've got Greg (my ultimate fave) and Nick, so I'm not complaining. Plus, there's also Archie who is pretty cute himself. :lol: They need to have more Greg (and Nick for that matter) on screen and also more Archie!

12. Micha

Micha Rookie

Episode 9.03 is called: "Art Imitates Life"

13. alvyne

alvyne Civilian

I would not have voted for GSR either, and most people I know who watch the show don't care about that storyline or if Sara returns or not.

I think people are overreacting about that storyline, and we don't even know yet where that is going to go! Nick old enough to be her father? Come on it's only a 15 year difference, and it might not even be that if the character is not the same age as the actress. She might be 28-30 for all we know. Would that be more acceptable? And has anyone thought that they might have chosen that particular actress not based on her age, but because she was the best one for the part and had the best chemistry with Nick?

14. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

Coming back to the matter of actors leaving the show, I think TPTB have a semi-master plan. WP leaves at the end of season 9 and MH leads graveyard thru season 10. Then, if the ratings aren't too bad, they risk a season 11 with GE as the lead. CBS wouldn't have the expense of developing a brand new show and this would explain why some of the actors have signed 3-year contracts.

15. kabcsi

kabcsi Dead on Arrival

Well ratings and polls and such are not just based on voting. The writers and producers also base it on sites and forums like this. Majority of forums that deal with csi have a fan base of majority of gsr fans. You can add the numbers up. Like someone here said that gsr fans are more vocal, this is also tru, we have more to be vocal about becuase we actually get to see are ship sailing. But it is somewhat based on voiting. Several polls posted on the internet, magazines, and on site, based on the numbers from those polls with questions like do you want to see more of grissom and sara, who should grissom be with, who should sara be with, and the several forum posters who post things with gsr, fanfiction with gsr, and such one can conclude that most of csi fans are gsr fans as well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.