The Yelina Salas Appreciation Thread/ Please Bring Her Back!

How would you grade Life Sentence?

• A+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A

• A-

• B+

• B

• B-

• C+

• C

• C-

• D+

• D

• D-

• F

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yelina Salas ~APPRECIATION THREAD~

That's a very good question! It has always been very clear that Ann Donahue has been very fond of the H/Y relationship - she introduced it afterall. If you listen to the dvd audio commentaries, she and the other writers often mention the tension and chemistry between the characters. They spoke very positively about it.

So, indeed, what has happened to make them want to write Yelina out if the show - even if it is a temporary thing? Some fans of the show didn't warm to the H/Y thing, mainly because of the sister-in-law scenario. I fear that the writers may have decided to appeal to the more conventional view, which I find really disappointing. One of the reasons I liked H/Y was because it was unorthodox and asked the "is this right/is this wrong?" question. I personally thought DC and Sofia Milos had bundles of chemistry, and H and Yelinas' feelings for each other really pulled on the heartstrings because they could never really admit to them.

The other thought I had was that maybe the writers thought they needed a break from the H/Y storyarc. Maybe they thought it was becoming a bit soapy (I didn't think it was) and they want a fresh approach. I am hoping that the writers are keeping their options open and will consider bringing Yelina back later in the series. Otherwise, they have drawn the fans into a situation for two and a half seasons, only to pull the rug out from under us. That is a mean thing to do, and I know some fans feel really let down by it.

I've written to AD to express my disappointment - I don't usually do things like that, but as you can tell, I feel strongly about this! ;)

me too, I would write also - but I may go on and on, and on about why they should be together :lol:

I say go for it Leanne - let 'em know how you feel! :D

I've already written, and I can say if you haven't yet it gets a whole lot off your chest!
I even got a petition signed by 100's for the return of her!!

I can only send e-mails, if i send air mail it'll take weeks to get there, and I'm not sure if it does get there.

I've already written, and I can say if you haven't yet it gets a whole lot off your chest!
I even got a petition signed by 100's for the return of her!!

Yay! Brilliant - I would have signed your petition! :)

Leanne, I'm confused! How come it takes so long for Airmail to get to the US from Wales? It usually takes about 5 days from the UK to the US. :confused:

I think we may all sign it, it's easier for people in different countries to put their point across then

Yes and then hopefully Ann D will consider bringing her back in as a regular character or at least so they can wrap up all the lose ends that they left when she got on that plane to Brazil.

yeah we can be happy and so can Horatio it works out well for everyone. well maybe not stetler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back