The Secrets Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by eggbe4thechicken, May 1, 2007.

1. assumenothing

assumenothing Rookie

I never really realized how many people share the same kind of fears and everything I do. I keep most of my really bad fears to myself because I'm afraid anyone I tell will see me as weak or something. But I suppose you can be both strong and afraid... Anyway, some of my secrets:

- Well, first of all, it's extremely hard for me to be away from my parents. I'm fifteen, and yet, the older I get, the more I cling to my parents. I worry that they won't be okay if I'm not there. Everyone tells me that my parents can take care of themselves, because they take care of themselves and my sister and I every day, but I think that they'll fall apart if I'm not there. I went on a trip recently for four days and I wasn't worried about the plane or being on my own, I was worried that I would come back home and my parents and my sister and the rest of my family would be dead or gone or messed up. I told my friend and she told me that thatt was a weird thing to worry about and that I should forget it. Finally, I did manage to, and when I came back home my little dog had died. So now I'm extremely worried to leave for camp because something bad did happen while I was away.

- Another thing is that I can't stand parties. I have a really, really hard time talking to people my own age because I feel like they always look at me and see a very blah person and often don't understand what I'm saying because I'm used to talking like an adult. Parties just amplify this- I don't dance, I don't like loud noises, I don't really play games, and I'm not good at making friends. So I pretty much avoid them at all costs unless it's a small party with only my friends who I'm comfortable with. Sometimes I go if another friend is going, but that's it.

- I also am very paranoid. My parents had to get me thick dark black drapes for my room because I constantly felt like someone was watching me, even though my bedroom doesn't face the street. I even have a hard time lying on my side at night because I'm convinced someone will attack me from behind.

- And last, like a lot of people have said, I'm pretty much OCD. It's never really been confirmed, but I read books about it and all I can think of is how I'm pretty much exactly that way. I have a lot of anxiety and must have things a certain way and run on an exact schedule. All my pencils must face the same direction, everything must be organized the way I need it. Even when I just miss my bus or are late to school, I freak out and can't even move because I'm having a panic attack. I especially hate it when people think it's funny to mess up my system- one girl kept on playing with my pencils last year and I couldn't get my work done because I was fixing them. I'm just really glad that other people feel the same way about this stuff!

2. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

oh, cool! secrets thread.

let's see,

#1 - i have a crush on Billy Petersen

*blinks*

okay okay, i cheated, everybody knows that, lol.

there is not much about me really. well, i'm totally normal.

lmao

and i have basically the same personality in RL and online. heck, i think i'm a bit more social in RL even, especially when i'm with my best friends.

i also don't have OCD. i'm the opposite actually, i'm pretty careless and chilled about many things. some people say that i'm too detached even. BUT on the other hand i'm usualy perceived as the "responsible" one by my friends' parents for example. i also have a lot of distance to myself, and i laugh at myself very easily with other people.

i don't really have any phobias. the only thing i'm sensitive about is screaming. i hate when somebody is very loud around me. i guess that's all.

3. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

I join yourself on that one. Difference is that I don't think I talk like an adult. But I hate parties simply because there's too many people, and I just stand there looking, because I don't feel like I have anything to do. People are talking, kids are playing, and I don't make friends easily, so I keep quiet in my corner. Then people come and say "hey, why are you there?" The thing is I won't talk to anybody I don't know in RL. When I know people, at first, I always answer to their questions, but I never ask them myself. I just say the essencial. But when I am with my friends, I am much more sociable and not so quiet :p So what real pisses me in this is that I have difficulties in making new friends just because I can't act with them as I normally do, so they must get the wrong impression :rolleyes:

4. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Today in the english lecture I fartet :lol:

Had to get that out...no pun intended :p

5. Jorja_Rain

Jorja_Rain Lab Technician

I told my mom I would lose 8 lbs before her wedding but I din't even try. :p

6. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

What we've said about one liners like...50 times before here in Misc? Same goes here, write onliners and the thread gets a nice little padlock to the door.

7. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

I have no idea why but this just made me laugh :D

8. Jorja_Rain

I secretly prefer cats over kids but I'm reluctant to tell anyone for fear they might think I'm sick. If I had to choose between running over a kid or a cat I'm pretty sure I'd spare the cat. Yes, I'm scary like that.

9. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

BUMP

Sometimes, when I don't get my way, I throw a really big tantrum, even with people I don't know.

I change once I get close to a person. When I open up to a perseon, I tell them EVERYTHING, down to the dirty details.

10. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

don't mind me asking.. how old are you.

When i have a bad period I tend to be short to people and want everything my way and might trow a verytiny tantrum. others might not even notice it as a tantrum but me in the inside whoehoe! :p (I'm 23 :p)

11. Luveykat

Luveykat Police Officer

^^
    Ok Jorja_Rain, I love you. I'm the same way. My family is scared for me because they think I'm selfish/stupid/weird for not wanting kids. But I'm completely in love with my cat. :D You're not the only one.

A secret -- I felt awful earlier this week. I almost had my twice yearly crying time-out session. But I did it alone so no one knows.

On that note, I hate crying and I hate girls who cry all the time (all the time being defined as more that 3x a month). My sister is like that, and her hubby totally puts up with it, if it were me I'd smack her. Yeah, I'm weird like that.

12. Jorja_Rain

^^ I'm so glad I'm not the only one :D

Okay, another secret:

I think it's cute when my gf farts :lol:

13. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

I'm 15, almost 16, why do you ask?

I get really bad PMS most monthes. Like I'm really short tempered and I usually to be alone for most of the time because I'm just relly intolerable. (I don't know if that's the right word?)

14. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

I quit attending uni a couple weeks ago, I plan on switching subjects and don't see the need to finish the ones I'm enrolled for. The only classes I've been to where some of my girlfriend's, they're a little more interesting than mine :p

This isn't really a secret, as some of my friends know about it, but my mother and the rest of my family don't, so I guess it is a secret after all :D

Furthermore, I'm not sure about my new course of study, so who knows how long I'll attend next semester... (Provided I'll be accepted this time) I don't think I'll pull through the whole 3 years... I'm a lazy ass :p

But shhhhhhh, that's a secret.

15. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

How come nobody is posting any secrets anymore? I just remembered this thread and went looking for it. Funny the last sectret I posted is sort of my new secret now.
    Again, I've stopped attending classes, only this time I won't change my subject but leave for good. Provided I find and alternative...

I have another secret I wanted to post though:

I don't actually hate Christmas, I just keep saying so because the general Christmas mood is getting on my nerves and I hate the whole stress factor - deciding what to eat, thinking of presents for everyone, buying those presents, full city, cold weather etc. And, the worst of all: the music. I HATE about 90% of all Christmas songs.

I like having a bit of time off though and I'm really looking forward to family dinner. Not because of the family, but for the food :p