The Screentime Tallyboard

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Mar 24, 2009.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Wow... looks like this ep was light on Jesse and heavy on the Natalia. :D So are the three scenes you noted for Ray the only ones he had in the ep?

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Oh lord no, honey. :lol: He was there quite a bit, I just didn't tally him in the way I do with our regular castmembers. IMO, it still seemed to work well. They managed to have him share the screen with most of our regulars, so I definitly didn't get the feel that he took over - it was suprisingly done very well -- really not what I expected. Good job to tptb on this one.

3. 915

915 CSI Level One

Loved the screen time balance in this episode. Not too much Jesse and plently of Natalia makes me very happy.

4. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Point of Impact 8.8

Horatio: 11
    Interaction:
    Calleigh -1
    Jesse - 1
    Frank - 2
    Jesse/Ryan -1

Calleigh: 14
    Interaction:
    Horatio- 1
    Jesse - 1
    Walter - 3
    Walter/Ryan/Jesse - 1
    Ryan/Jesse -1

Ryan: 10
    Interaction:
    H -2
    Walter - 2
    Jesse/Calleigh- 1
    Horatio/Jesse- 1
    Jesse/Calleigh/Walter -1

Natalia: MIA :(

Jesse: 11
    Interaction:
    H - 1
    Calleigh -1
    Walter -1
    Ryan/Calleigh -1
    Ryan/Calleigh/Walter -1
    Ryan/Horatio - 1

Walter: 8
    Interaction:
    Calleigh -3
    Ryan -2
    Jesse- 1
    Ryan/Jesse/Calleigh -1

Frank: 2 (with Horatio)

Good grief, if we get anymore cast members on board here, CBS is going to have to give them a 2-hour timeslot. *groan*

Screentime & interaction, not to mention a good bit of teamwork, was well balanced with the characters in play -- but (there's always a but) AGAIN, where in the heck was Natalia?! If it's due to Eva's scheduling, ok, but it would be nice to at least hear one of them mention that Natalia's sick, or in court... at a conference... anything - make something up for heaven's sakes!

Screentime with Frank was a bit suckish, but it seems to be pattern now that when they stick to science & less interrogation/action, then we miss out on all the good Frank stuff. :(

Overall, the balance & interaction was good, but I could've used Natalia, more Frank, & more Horatio.

5. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I ahvent seen the epi yet. So...No Natalia at all, again! Its very odd. As you say, MJ, they could at least say it was her day off or something.
    I dont mind Walter, but he is getting alot of scenes. And Frank definitely deserves more screen time, but you are right, he seems to average at 2 scenes.
    4 people in one scene? That is pretty good going.

6. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Ditto.
    I find it strange that there was no bother to mention Natalia at all.

7. mjszud

mjszud Captain

'Kill Clause' 8.9

Horatio: 9
    Interaction:
    Jesse - 1
    Ryan/Walter/Calleigh -1
    Frank - 1
    Walter - 2

Calleigh: 12
    Interaction:
    Jesse - 4
    Natalia -1
    Ryan/Jesse -1
    H/Ryan/Walter -1

Ryan: 8
    Interaction:
    Jesse - 4
    Calleigh/Jesse -1
    Calleigh/H/Walter -1

Jesse: 19
    Interaction:
    Horatio -1
    Calleigh - 4
    Ryan -4
    Natalia -3
    Calleigh/Ryan -1

Natalia: 6
    Interaction:
    Jesse- 3
    Calleigh -1

Walter: 5
    Interaction:
    Horatio -2
    Frank -1
    Calleigh/H/Ryan -1

Frank: 2
    Interaction:
    Horatio -1
    Walter -1

Oh my.... *shakes head*
    Frank, Horatio.....come back to us please.

8. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Wow! That's a lot of two characters over the others.

Oh well, they are still doing a better job with presenting a "team" then they have in a very long time.

But I'm with you, MJ. What's up with so little Horatio and Frank? These kids need some adult supervision!

I like Jesse, but I'll admit I watch for Horatio. I still watch every episode of CSI Miami, but with the reduced presence of Horatio, it's not as important for me to be there the night it airs and I find myself saying I'll watch it later. :(

I want an episode for Horatio and Frank only. I think you could come up with some very entertaining scenarios for those two! ;)

9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Poor Frank didn't even pop in until mid-way through :( I miss him terribly, it's almost as if he isn't needed...and it hurts me to say that.

I honestly don't know how I feel about Jesse yet; don't hate him, but I don't adore him either -- I DO KNOW I don't watch the show for him though, & this episode was Jesse-drenched. I'd expect to see that in centric episodes, but as I said in the epi thread, this one only seemed to hint at his upcoming arc, so this felt unnessesary & overwhelming -- they could have still gotten their point across with fewer scenes.

Do like the threesomes and foursomes though! :thumbsup:

I agree the "kids" need adult supervision :guffaw:I have a feeling they're gonna need it even more by mid-season! *cringe*

10. slower

slower Lab Technician

I agree MJ, this was a Jesse drenched episode. How is it he is alotted so much time? He isn't that good or that famous. :rolleyes:

11. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I am hoping with many episodes to go that other characters (ahem..RYAN perhaps) will get their chance to shine.

12. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

I think CBS is trying to reveal Jesse past but also at the same time trying to make him take over/replace Eric and it ISNT working. We can see it in the low ratings. Love the humour though in these epis nowadays.

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

What low ratings? Miami's been top in the ratings every week for the entire season so far according to rating reports.

14. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Strange isn't it.I've seen that same thought posted in other places but the ratings have been pretty consistent with a little higher numbers for the trilogy.Some are stating "falling ratings" with any small fluctuation in the numbers.

I actually thought Natalia had more time, must be great screen presense.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  15. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Yeah, I've seen the "low ratings" statement, also. And I'm not sure where it's coming from.

It's possible that it's some kind of spin, because I just don't see figures that support the statement. I'm still seeing claims that "Sink or Swim" was a huge ratings winner when the ratings reports that I saw indicated that episode was actually beaten, soundly, on the night it aired. A very rare event for CSI Miami.

I think that some forget that this show employs a significant number of people. If the show is cancelled, these people who work so tirelessly to provide us with a show most of us truly enjoy, would be out of a job. Thinking that some may be wishing for that to happen, whatever their motivation, is disappointing.

There is also a member of the cast who has indicated in interviews that the show may be in it's last season and that cast and crew are tired. With the addition of new cast and consistant reporting each week that the ratings are fine, I'm just not sure that is the perspective of everyone who is associated with the show.

I know I'm not seeing as much of my favorite character as I would like. If it reaches a point where his presence is so reduced (or if he chooses to move on) that I no longer enjoy the show as I do now, then it's time for me to move on and leave the show to those who are still enjoying it. I certainly wouldn't wish for the show's ratings to tank or for the show to be cancelled just because I no longer enjoy it as did. :(