The Screentime Tallyboard

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I think Natalia could have fit into almost every scene where Calleigh appeared. Unless contractual specifications require so many scenes/minutes for certain characters, perhaps characters who have already had maximum exposure could share time so others get a fair chance to appear.

Barring that, if a personal issue for Eva is the reason, it would be really nice if the writers could find a way to at least acknowledge Natalia still exists. There are a significant number of her fans wondering exactly what has happen to her. :(

2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Saying that Natalia was useless in the episode is neither offensive nor disrespecful towards Natalia Boa Vista or Eva La Rue. Saying that Eva was useless in the episode.....that is offensive! Again, Natalia was not that useful considering how the episode evolved as well as Eric, but Eva was more than useful to understand what was the right thing for the episode sake, that is if she was able to shoot the episode. If she hadn't been able to shoot it, then this discussion is just useless and we can drop it right now.

I just can be more than supportive towards an actress like her who's doing her PROFESSIONAL job. I'm supportive towards an actress who gave everything for this show. I'm supportive towards an actress who works not only for the screentime sake 'cause that's what she's doing, unless she has some private stuff going on. I'm supportive towards her right because of all the qualities I've listed before!

And I can be supportive towards Natalia too, but saying that NATALIA BOA VISTA was useless is just an opinion and this DOESN'T MEAN I don't support her because hell yeah I love her when they use her in the proper way!

3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Understood, & moving on now. :)

I really don't get the impression that it's because of Eva's personal life/issues. In the past year (& since her wedding was cancelled) she's attended numerous & numerous Hollywood events, openings, parties, charity events, interviews, cover shoots - you name it, she's there, perky as ever & with a smile on her face. I can't say that gives me any impression at all that she's hiding from Hollywood, or laying low due to personal reasons. And, I would never believe that tptb would be ok with her requesting less work/screentime while she still goes out to do these other activities, if that were the case. I am in no way saying any of this to start a debate/arguement, but because I do "follow her" (no, I am not a stalker :p) & know that she's out there dating & doing other things, I just have a very hard time believing that personal issues would keep her from the show, but not from all these other activities that we see her involved in.

That said, I don't need, nor do I want, to know everything going on in Eva's private life, I just want to see more of her character on this show, as I believe she's earned it & she's talented enough to play off better material than what she's given!

4. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I understand what you're saying, MJ. It's a very fine line to walk - missing Eva's character and wondering why we're not seeing her on the show and wondering if it has anything to do with personal issues wtihout invading her privacy.

I know that you follow Eva's career closely (I count on you to keep me up-to-date) and I think you're right. Eva is much too professional to tell TPTB at CSI Miami that she needs to appear less, or not appear at all, and then turn up at multiple other public events.

Whatever the reason, I hope that TPTB start to realize that there are a significant number of fans who are really missing her and up her presence on the show as soon as they can. I miss her warmth and humor on the show. She is certainly one of the most genuine and "human" characters on they have.

5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

'Bad Seed' 8.5

Horatio: 12
    Interaction:
    Eric - 3
    Alexx/Eric - 1
    Frank - 1
    Jesse - 1
    Walter/Ryan - 1
    Calleigh/Ryan/Nat/Eric - 1

Calleigh: 10
    Interaction:
    Eric - 2
    Walter - 1
    Jesse/Walter - 1
    Walter/Nat/Eric - 1
    H/Eric/Ryan/Nat - 1
    Eric/Alexx -1

Eric: 23
    Interaction:
    Horatio - 3
    Alexx- 4
    Calleigh - 2
    H/Alexx- 1
    H/Calleigh/Nat/Ryan - 1
    Alexx/Calleigh - 1
    Walter/Jesse/Calleigh - 1
    Walter/Nat/Calleigh - 1

Ryan: 7
    Interaction:
    Walter/Jesse - 3
    Walter - 1
    Walter/H - 1
    H/Calleigh/Nat/Eric -1

Natalia: 4
    Interaction:
    H/Calleigh/Eric/Ryan - 1
    Eric/Walter/Calleigh - 1

Jesse: 9
    Interaction:
    H - 1
    Ryan/Walter - 3
    Calleigh/Walter - 1
    Walter/Calleigh/Eric - 1

Walter: 9
    Interaction:
    Jesse/Ryan - 3
    Ryan - 1
    H/Ryan - 1
    Jesse/Calleigh - 1
    Calleigh -1
    Jesse/Calleigh/Eric - 1
    Eric/Nat/Calleigh - 1

Frank: 2
    Interaction:
    Horatio -1

6. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

:eek::eek::eek: I think I said it all!!!

Ok that it was his last episode, but I don't remember any of our CSIs having so many scenes....not even during their so called last episode :shifty:

7. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I think you're right.I don't think there has been as many scenes for any of the other CSI centric episodes.

8. 915

915 CSI Level One

You know I didn't notice Eric had so many scene 23!!!!!! Holy Cow that seems like a lot, yeah I know his like last episode but never thought it would be so many. They are starting to tone down having a lot of Jesse scenes though compared to the last few episodes.

How come Walter is getting more scenes then Ryan!!
    :scream: If they keep that up I am going to get annoyed.

9. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I can understand the disproportionately high amount of scenes for Eric this episode. Adam's leaving the show, for goodness sakes, so a little more screen time as he makes his exit seems entirely acceptable to me.

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

To be fair, Ryan had 18 scenes in 'WISC' -- 23 wasn't too awful much for a centric episode, I didn't think. I was more" :wtf:/:evil: " at how Walter & Jesse's was higher than Ryan & Natalia's. All the same, I didn't feel overwhelmed with anyone in this episode, & didn't really feel the screentime was that bad....lord knows it's been worse. It also helped that the scenes were a little longer & not the typical 30-60 seconds of same old thing/dialouge. Having said that, they still need to work on Ryan, Natalia, & Frank. I'd have been much happier with Jesse having Ryan's numbers, & Walter having Natalia's. ;)

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I love Walter, he's funny, but my worry is that they're going to OD us on him and he won't be as funny anymore.

12. electra

electra Pathologist

I am not surprised that Jesse is getting so many scenes,instead of Ryan and Natalia.Had they wanted to give more storylines for them,they would have done it already.He is going to take the time given to Eric and E/C.

13. greatfan

greatfan Captain

They have done 5 episodes.The screen tally may change some during the season.There is time for others to get more time and stories,or it may vary as far as who gets more time.Who can say that Jesse will get all the time given to Eric and E/C week after week.There may come a time when he gets an episode or two where he is not seen as much.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  14. mjszud

mjszud Captain

'Dude, where's my Groom?' 8.6

Horatio: 11
    Interaction:
    Frank -2
    Calleigh -1
    Natalia - 1
    Walter - 1
    Ryan - 2

Calleigh: 13
    Interaction:
    Jesse - 8
    H - 1

Ryan: 9
    Interaction:
    H - 2
    Walter -2
    Jesse- 1

Natalia: 5
    Interaction:
    Horatio - 1

Jesse: 14
    Interaction:
    Frank - 1
    Ryan - 1
    Calleigh - 8

Frank: 3
    Interaction:
    Jesse - 1
    H - 2

Walter: 3
    Interaction:
    Ryan - 2
    H - 1

15. slower

slower Lab Technician

Ok, how many times do I have to slam my head into this wall, to much Jesse. Do we actually want to see the night in shining armor that much? :brickwall: Although we did see a little dent in that armor last night.