The Screentime Tallyboard

Delynn- I agree completely with everything you said.

So, there was rather an overload in Jesse scenes. It seems abit much. I havent watched the epi yet, but I dont like the look of the stats. And poor Frank is doing really badly so far, screentime wise. Rex definitely deserves more scenes.

Originally posted by CSI-AJ
The ratings for Miami in the 18-49 demo seem pretty stable according to Herc from Aint It Cool

Acc to Nielsen's we see CSI: Miami drop from #13 to #14 in the top 20 programs but that's only for the particular week between Nov 16-22
(http://wtop.com/?nid=114&sid=1656182).

Originally posted by Delynn
There is also a member of the cast who has indicated in interviews that the show may be in it's last season and that cast and crew are tired.

Now if it ever came to this... I would have a hard time believing it. There's still so many untold stories and I'm not just talking about the victims here, I'm talking about our beloved CSIs!!!

The show has been so entangled into so many storylines I believe its getting hard for the story writers to sort this out. But come on, we need some clarity!!!

Originally posted by CSI-AJ
The ratings for Miami in the 18-49 demo seem pretty stable according to Herc from Aint It Cool

Acc to Nielsen's we see CSI: Miami drop from #13 to #14 in the top 20 programs but that's only for the particular week between Nov 16-22
(http://wtop.com/?nid=114&sid=1656182).

Originally posted by Delynn
There is also a member of the cast who has indicated in interviews that the show may be in it's last season and that cast and crew are tired.

Now if it ever came to this... I would have a hard time believing it. There's still so many untold stories and I'm not just talking about the victims here, I'm talking about our beloved CSIs!!!

The show has been so entangled into so many storylines I believe its getting hard for the story writers to sort this out. But come on, we need some clarity!!!

I'd think it would take alot for 'Miami' to give up so quickly -- I don't particularly buy the "this could be our last season" play. As for ratings, I have seen no evidence whatsoever that they're struggling; Vegas' numbers were painfully obvious that the show took a hit, losing around 5 million viewers.
I agree with Roscoe's comment above -- I'll feel robbed if 'Miami' runs it's final season this year, though I doubt that's going to happen. The CSI's, namely those who've been on the backburner for too long now, still have plenty to tell. And Horatio needs his story to come full circle - love him or hate him, they need to finish that in order to make 'Miami' feel completed.

I honestly don't see how ratings can be low this years since TPTB clearly wrote storylines just for us....their fans.
- We all wanted to watch much more of the team aspect (which has been ignored ever since s4) & they gave it to us.
-Some of us wanted the whole E/C drama out of the way, at least for a while, & voilà....they dropped the two of them for most of the episodes I've been watching.
- For all the people who enjoy the two of them, there's gonna be a good number of episodes for them, not to mention that they gave them a couple of episode even if Eric quitted.
- Most of us wanted a storyline for that poor girl named Natalia. Ok....she might not have any scene in some episodes, but for god's sake she's gonna have a huge storyline just for her.
So...someone must have listened to us!

I can go on with many many other aspects of the show, but it is just evident that TPTB have been working on fans. They wrote storylines which fans have been wanting for years. I just can't see all of us wanting something & then saying "oh here it is, I don't like it"...we're not that stupid.

Plus ratings have been good....at least that's what I saw & I have never seen bad ratings for this season as it happened last years with episodes like "Sink or Swim" which was supposed to be the greatest miracle episode of the show.

CSI:Miami always needed low-profile episode with good storylines &, above all, a good team spirtig. They gave it to us & I just can't see fans dislking it.....it would be just stupid :shifty:

At the same time I see a lot of pessimism around here & other forums just b/c of interviews to that member of the cast. This person said this might be the last year for the show....well it is not.
I know that they all can be tired of working on this show after 8 years (ER cast worked for 15 years, you can do it so stop complaining!!! :scream:), but this doesn't mean it has to end just b/c they're tired. It would be soooo unprofessional. People do enjoy watching this show & it must go on until these people get tired of watching them, not when actors get tired of working for it. For god's sake...this is just ridiculous!!!! What about those shows which have been cancelled for whatever CBS & other produecers decisions???
Are you tired of working for the same show after these years? Then leave it, don't ruin it.
At least, that's what I think about this pessimistic atmosphere ;)

As for the screentime, I'm enjoying it. Jesse is having much more scenes than the others, but I don't dislike this thing as I don't find his scenes that overwhelming as it happened with other storylines of the past ;). Not to mention that they're working hard on the whole team aspect & I am enjoying it soooo much.

I honestly don't see how ratings can be low this years since TPTB clearly wrote storylines just for us....their fans.
- We all wanted to watch much more of the team aspect (which has been ignored ever since s4) & they gave it to us.
-Some of us wanted the whole E/C drama out of the way, at least for a while, & voilà....they dropped the two of them for most of the episodes I've been watching.
- For all the people who enjoy the two of them, there's gonna be a good number of episodes for them, not to mention that they gave them a couple of episode even if Eric quitted.
- Most of us wanted a storyline for that poor girl named Natalia. Ok....she might not have any scene in some episodes, but for god's sake she's gonna have a huge storyline just for her.
So...someone must have listened to us!

I can go on with many many other aspects of the show, but it is just evident that TPTB have been working on fans. They wrote storylines which fans have been wanting for years. I just can't see all of us wanting something & then saying "oh here it is, I don't like it"...we're not that stupid.

Plus ratings have been good....at least that's what I saw & I have never seen bad ratings for this season as it happened last years with episodes like "Sink or Swim" which was supposed to be the greatest miracle episode of the show.

CSI:Miami always needed low-profile episode with good storylines &, above all, a good team spirtig. They gave it to us & I just can't see fans dislking it.....it would be just stupid :shifty:

At the same time I see a lot of pessimism around here & other forums just b/c of interviews to that member of the cast. This person said this might be the last year for the show....well it is not.
I know that they all can be tired of working on this show after 8 years (ER cast worked for 15 years, you can do it so stop complaining!!! :scream:), but this doesn't mean it has to end just b/c they're tired. It would be soooo unprofessional. People do enjoy watching this show & it must go on until these people get tired of watching them, not when actors get tired of working for it. For god's sake...this is just ridiculous!!!! What about those shows which have been cancelled for whatever CBS & other produecers decisions???
Are you tired of working for the same show after these years? Then leave it, don't ruin it.
At least, that's what I think about this pessimistic atmosphere ;)

As for the screentime, I'm enjoying it. Jesse is having much more scenes than the others, but I don't dislike this thing as I don't find his scenes that overwhelming as it happened with other storylines of the past ;). Not to mention that they're working hard on the whole team aspect & I am enjoying it soooo much.

Did 'Sink and swim' really have such low ratings? It's one of the most sought after clips from CSIM on youtube(it sure does have a lot of hits as well there), their ship has the biggest amount of hits here on this forum and the discussion about them is still going.
I am fan of that relationship, and don't think that it takes a lot of screentime - the whole love action between E/C lasts maybe about 10 minutes, counting all the looks and flirting.
I wonder how i will find season 8 when it arrives to the UK - too many changes...

Sink Or Swim got crushed in the ratings by the season finale of The Bachelor if I recall. Who knows if it would have done better if it hadn't been The Bachelor's finale.

It's one of the most sought after clips from CSIM on youtube(it sure does have a lot of hits as well there), their ship has the biggest amount of hits here on this forum
With all due respect, those hits easily accumilate when it's the same people watching the clip over and over again, and as far as hits/views go on this forum, just because people view the thread doesn't always mean they are a fan of said subject. Not trying to say they aren't popular, but the shippers are only a tiny percentage in comparison to the overall viewers. Regardless of hits anywhere, the episode itself came in as the season's lowest - it was the reason why TPTB spoofed 'The Bachelor' in 'Dead on Arrival'.

I'm finally seeing an attempt from tptb, and I definitly can appreciate that -- the team spirit is also far better than season's past, so another kudos on that part.
As for Jesse's screentime, I'm trying very hard to overlook the fact & chalk it off as this being the beginning of a new season, and his first season. As long as we don't get the same massive overkill that we had the past 3 seasons w/ the same characters and same storylines, then I'll be fine once the season progresses.

:guffaw: you know it is really funny how people keep quoting me for mentioning something, even when I was talking about something else, which has been previously said by other people. This isn't the first time it happens & I find it quite irritating as my post was about many many other things.

Did 'Sink and swim' really have such low ratings? It's one of the most sought after clips from CSIM on youtube(it sure does have a lot of hits as well there), their ship has the biggest amount of hits here on this forum and the discussion about them is still going.
Then I guess we'll have to cancel CBS from the TV channels as people won't watch their so called "fav. show" b/c they prefer hitting the button "play" on youtube so that they can watch their fav. scenes many many times.....well I'll tell you a secret: you can watch what you keep defining your fav. show on the TV, normally, and....."ladies & gentlemen" **drumroll** you can even record it so that you can watch it whenever you want!!!!
Do you relize that this statement is just ridiculous? People watch it on YT, but YT is not a channel for god's sake & it doesn't own any copyright!

I am fan of that relationship, and don't think that it takes a lot of screentime - the whole love action between E/C lasts maybe about 10 minutes, counting all the looks and flirting.
:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: My friend this one is really funny. I really hope you're kidding b/c, otherwise, there would be some problems with numbers & maths.
I guess you fell asleep while watching it on your fav. TV channel, YT, 'cause, otherwise, I really don't see how you could have missed all their great moments :rolleyes:

Last edited:
There is really no point of that irony here. I wasn't attacking you, just stated my opinion.
The relationship started in Sink and swim(two little kissess), then it was just few scenes that would indicate they are actually in relationship(morning in her house, paparazzos pics scene etc), so do not tell me that their romance takes so much screentime. I will agree that both Eric and Calleigh take a lot of time on the screen though, solving the case together or not, but not their relationship which finished(?) almost as soon as it started. She had more 'scenes' with Jake.
It is likely, that the same people watch these clips on youtube over and over again, but neither you or me can be sure, same with hits on their ship here on that forum. I do not go to any other ships, even hugely popular Mac and Stella, because I just don't care. So I think you have to be interested in that relationship just a little to actually click on that thread. Otherwise it's just a waste of time.

I think it's time to get back to the subject of this thread.

I wish they'd work on including Frank/Rex more. Makes me wonder if the actor is just simply satisfied where he's at, or are TPTb just not able to find room for him in storylines? An epi of focus on poor Frank would do no harm.
With the cast larger than it's ever been, I won't hold my breath for any centered storylines for him, but I hope to at least have him in more scenes ....kinda missin' my bald guy and his goofy comments. :adore:

Originally posted by mjszud:

I wish they'd work on including Frank/Rex more. Makes me wonder if the actor is just simply satisfied where he's at, or are TPTb just not able to find room for him in storylines? An epi of focus on poor Frank would do no harm.
With the cast larger than it's ever been, I won't hold my breath for any centered storylines for him, but I hope to at least have him in more scenes ....kinda missin' my bald guy and his goofy comments. :adore:

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH EVERY WORD, mjszud! Its been awhile since season 2's 'Bait'. It was a great episode, you could see just how hurt Frank was by Eric's suspicion.

Speaking about season 2, I really wanna know what happened to Frank's alcohol problem. You could see why he & Cal would get along fine, you know with Cal's dad being an alcoholic himself. Also, we never got to see Frank's kids!!! I believe he's got 3 or 4 kids. And what about his ex-wife?! How's she holding up?

Another question, how come everyone in the Miami crime lab is either single, divorced or widowed (with exceptions of the MEs ofcourse)??? :confused:

I wish they'd work on including Frank/Rex more. Makes me wonder if the actor is just simply satisfied where he's at, or are TPTb just not able to find room for him in storylines?

I think the fact that the show is focusing more on the forensics is likely making it hard to write his character. I think the last ep that his character had a lot of scenes was Bad Seed..

Also, we never got to see Frank's kids!!! I believe he's got 3 or 4 kids.
It's really a shame they can't throw in the mention here and there about his kids. I'd even take a quick reference or simple comment from Frank saying that one is headed off to college, getting married...anything at all. Perhaps he has a daughter who can shack up with Kyle ....ooh, I'd actually love to see how both he and Horatio would react to that. :D

Perhaps he has a daughter who can shack up with Kyle ....ooh, I'd actually love to see how both he and Horatio would react to that. :D

Ooooh, you're good, MJ! ;) If you want some comedy, that would be really fun to watch! :lol:

Back