The Screentime Tallyboard

At least the majority of Jesse's scenes were with other cast members and not by himself as Vegas did all too often with Langston last season. :lol:

That is what I was hoping would happen. I assumed that Jesse would have a number of scenes in the interest of letting the audience get to know the new guy. But I was hoping that his scenes would then include one of the other cast members so that they could get more time by sharing the screen with the new guy.

I really enjoyed seeing the team work together last night, although I could have done with more Horatio. ;)

Sadly, I could have done without Eric and Calleigh in the entire episode, but that's for another thread.

Bolt Action 8.3

I like the attempt in fair screentime, but it appears the problem (for now anyway) is just too many characters for them to work with. If there's less of Calleigh & H, then there's more of Ryan & Natalia, but then if there's more of Ryan or Nat then Frank get's rarely seen. It seems there will always be episodes where one or more of the characters will be less seen. This was an enjoyable episode considering the screentime was well balanced, however, next week my prediction is lots of H, Calleigh, Jesse, & back to the very little of Ryan & Natalia.

I agree with you. A better approach IMO is to write an episode with certain characters up front and then rotate the next ep so that everyone has their day. Bolt had way too many people doing things at once and the only one who rid the pine this ep was Horatio.

Okay last night's epi was quite evenly distributed besides Jesse, you realized he had a scene with almost everyone!:eek:

In Plane Sight, episode 8.4

Horatio: 13
Interaction:
Calleigh - 1
Ryan - 1
Frank - 4

Calleigh: 10
Interaction:
Horatio - 1
Ryan - 2
Jessie - 4
Walter/Jessie -1

Ryan: 9
Interaction:
Horatio - 1
Calleigh - 2
Jessie - 1
Walter/Jessie - 1

Natalia: missing

Jessie: 15
Interaction:
Calleigh - 4
Ryan - 1
Frank - 3
Walter - 4
Walter/Ryan - 1

Frank: 7
Interaction:
H - 4
Jessie - 3

Walter: 8
Interaction:
Jessie - 4
Calleigh/Tom -1
Jessie/Ryan - 1

Last edited:
Thats an awful lot of Jessie.
I havent seen the episode yet. So no Natalia, whatsoever?
And Walter had more scnes than Ryan.
Im not liking these stats!

No, Walter had 8 scenes, Ryan had 9. :)

That's a good amount of Ryan. And Frank's screentime was much much better. Seven scenes in a single episode? That's got to be a record. :lol: They could have taken a couple of scenes from Jesse and given them to Natalia though. :lol:

It would have been nice to see Natalia.
Perhaps TPTB will start to reduce Jesse's scenes as the season goes on.

Except for no Natalia I'd say the screen time was pretty balanced for this episode, hopefully they can keep a good balance through out the season.

No, Walter had 8 scenes, Ryan had 9. :)

That's a good amount of Ryan. And Frank's screentime was much much better. Seven scenes in a single episode? That's got to be a record. :lol: They could have taken a couple of scenes from Jesse and given them to Natalia though. :lol:

Oops. That'll teach me to skim! That is alright then :)
It is a good amount for Frank. And Greatfan- I agree, Jesse's screentime might go down abit soon. I suppose they have just introduced him, and need to give him that time to establish the character.

WOAH, TOOO MUCH JESSE!!!
Natalia missing???
H might have got a lesser screntime then usual but I did enjoy the scenes he was in!!! Ryan & Frank scenes have improved alot. <sigh> I miss Eric! Calleigh wasn't looking bad either.

Yes there was a lot of Jesse but at least his scenes were with other people, so I hardly noticed the amount really. Although Jesse is one of my favorites so I don't mind his large amount of screen time so far I just hope they don't over do it to much.

Imo that's a bit too much Jesse. :( I mean I like him but if they won't stop that Jesse-Overdose the next time, then... :scream: And it won't be good for the whole show.

No Natalia? Where was she? Did they forget that there is a character named Natalia Boa Vista? :confused:

Correct me if I'm wrong. Jessie 15, Ryan 9 and no Natalia at all. That is not exactly balanced.

Well its slightly more balanced then it has been in the past although I do have an issue with the no Natalia in the episode too just like you guys do.

Back