The Rest In Peace & Remembrance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Rest In Peace & Remembrance Thread

WOW a lot of deaths

RIP Suzanne Pleshette. You are with your husband now.
And to everyone else.

That's really said on SP a classy, elegant, funny beautiful lady her sarcastic/funny remarks on the "Bob Newhart" show classic, I'll bet he's grief-stricken..so young may she RIP :(

And one more death to add in Belizean musician Andy Palacio dies - "Belizean musician Andy Palacio, who brought the world the music of the Garifuna people descended from Central American natives and shipwrecked African slaves, has died aged 47. -- He died on Saturday after a series of massive strokes, a heart attack and respiratory failure. He will be buried next week in the coastal village of Barranco where he was born."

I know its kinder of late but one of New Zealand's greatest heroes died on 11 Jan 2008, Sir Edmund Hillary.
His funeral is today and I hope that all goes well
RIP Sir Edmund Hillary

I remember hearing about SP & AM. I remember both. Loved AM as Sam on the BB.

SP was a very classy lady. She'll be missed. There was a movie of hers I really liked but can't remember the name of it. Had somwething to do with cops.

Wow one of the KT & one of my fave Monkey song. May they all rest in peace.

From NY Times:

January 22, 2008, 4:42 pm
Actor Heath Ledger Is Found Dead

By Sewell Chan

The actor Heath Ledger was found dead this afternoon in an apartment building at 421 Broome Street in SoHo, according to the New York City police. Mr. Ledger was 28.

At 3:31 p.m., a masseuse arrived at Apartment 5A in the building for an appointment with Mr. Ledger, the police said. The masseuse was let in to the home by a housekeeper, who then knocked on the door of Mr. Ledger’s bedroom. When no one answered, the housekeeper and the masseuse opened the bedroom and found Mr. Ledger unconscious. They shook him, but he did not respond. They immediately called the authorities. The police said they did not suspect foul play and said they found pills near body.

Mr. Ledger, a native of Perth, Australia, won acclaim for his role as a co-star in “Brokeback Mountain”, a 2005 film. The film, based on a short story by Annie Proulx about two cowboys who fall in love, won critical acclaim. Reviewing the film in The New York Times, the critic Stephen Holden wrote, “Mr. Ledger magically and mysteriously disappears beneath the skin of his lean, sinewy character. It is a great screen performance, as good as the best of Marlon Brando and Sean Penn.”

Calls by The New York Times to Mara Buxbaum, a publicist for Mr. Ledger, and Steve Alexander, the actor’s agent, were not immediately returned this afternoon.

Thomas J. Lueck contributed reporting.

:eek: I just heard about this from my sister. What a tragedy.

I wasn't a huge fan but it's still such a shock. He was only 28. :(

Okay, WHAT? I loved him. I'm still in shock. He was 28! I can't believe this. I... wow. I LOVED him in 10 Things I Hate About You. That's not fair. He has a little girl. :( :(

Holy S.....

Wow that's a shocker. I only saw Heath Ledger in Brokeback Mountain as I was more interested in the movie than the actors but that is so young to died. May he RIP and find happiness.

Don't even...... :(

I'm absolutely GUTTED. I <3 Heath I have nothing I can say... :eek:

I'm so bummed out right now! I absolutely love Heath Ledger. I cannot believe it, and only at the age of 28 with a baby daughter. That's so incredibly sad. Wow...

He is so young :( What a tragic waste of such a talent. I was speechless when I found out.

A friend just told me and I came to see if this was some kind of joke. Really sad, he was a great actor.

OMG, I'm stunned and shocked, I can't believe this.. I don't know what to say, except how horrible and sad :( dear god!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back