The Rest In Peace & Remembrance Thread #2

I'm shocked, as well, but then not really. When these actors struggle with drug addiction, they always seem to die young.

Here's more on it! It says that Corey was at his mother's and had been experience flu like symptoms for a few days. Hmmm, sounds like Brittany Murphy.

LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Actor Corey Haim has died, Access Hollywood has confirmed.

The Los Angeles County Coroner's office confirmed the actor died at 2:15 AM on Wednesday at St. Joseph's Medical Center in Burbank, Calif.

The Los Angeles Police Department said they received a call from the hospital before 4 AM confirming the actor's death.

He was transported from the home he shared with his mother, Judy, in Toluca Hills, Calif. to the hospital.

Ed Winter, LA County Coroner's Office Assistant Chief, told reporters that Haim's mother had called paramedics when her son collapsed in the early morning hours.

"This morning at about 1:30...Corey Haim's mom found him. He got up out of bed and had been feeling ill for the last couple of days. As he got out of bed, he felt a little weak and went down to the floor on his knees. He's had flu-like symptoms. She called paramedics. They responded and transported him to the hospital where he was pronounced [dead] at 2:15 this morning," Winter said.

Authorities found four prescription drug bottles inside the apartment he shared with his mother, but no illegal drugs, according to Winter.

The Canadian-born actor first rose to fame in 1984's "Firstborn," where he starred with Teri Garr, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Robert Downey Jr.

In 1987, the actor the reached the peak of his career in the Joel Schumacher's "Lost Boys," where he hunted vampires with his friend and frequent co-star Corey Feldman. Some of his other box office hits included "Lucas," "License to Drive" and "Dream a Little Dream."

Following his rise to fame, the actor battled drug and alcohol addiction, a dramatic weight gain, a slew of medical issues and was in and out of rehab numerous times.

In a 2004 interview with Britain's The Sun, the actor spoke candidly about the history of his drug use.

"I was working on 'Lost Boy's when I smoked my first joint," he told the British tabloid in 2004. "I did cocaine for about a year and a half, then it led to crack."

A stint in rehab led to an addiction of prescription meds, including stimulants and sedatives such as Valium, the actor claimed.

"I started on the downers which were a hell of a lot better than the uppers because I was a nervous wreck," he told the newspaper. "But one led to two, two led to four, four led to eight, until at the end it was about 85 a day."

In 1997, the actor filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection with medical bill debt totalling more than $200,000.

He appeared again with Feldman in 2007 in the A&E reality show, "The Two Coreys," which was cancelled after two seasons. The same year he told Larry King in an interview on "Larry King Live" that he would be a "chronic relapser for the rest of my life."

The actor was poised for a comeback in 2008 when he took out a full-page ad in Variety, saying, "This is not a stunt, I'm back. I'm ready to work. I'm ready to make amends."

In 2009, he appeared with Jason Statham in "Crank: High Voltage."

Haim was 38.

So sad to hear about Corey, I grew up watching films with him and Corey Feldman (whom I have no respect for whatsoever after I read on another site that he posted this on his twitter "Alright people, Enough of the condolences about *my* childhood friend." :scream: what a jerk! I hope that Corey Haim surely does rest in peace :(

Soure: Yahoo! News

Pro Football Hall of Famer Merlin Olsen dies at 69

SALT LAKE CITY – Pro Football Hall of Famer and former television actor Merlin Olsen has died. He was 69.

Utah State University assistant athletic media relations director Zach Fisher says Olsen died Wednesday night at a Los Angeles hospital.

He was diagnosed with mesothelioma last year.

Olsen was an All-American at Utah State and a first-round draft pick of the Los Angles Rams in 1962.

The burley giant from northern Utah joined Deacon Jones, Lamar Lundy and Rosey Grier on the Rams' storied "Fearsome Foursome" defensive line known for either stopping or knocking backward whatever offenses it faced. The Rams set an NFL record for the fewest yards allowed during a 14-game season in 1968.

Olsen was rookie of the year for the Rams in 1962 and is still the Rams' all-time leader in career tackles with 915. He was named to 14 consecutive Pro Bowls, a string that started his rookie year.

Olsen was also an established television actor with a role on "Little House on the Prairie," then starring in his own series, "Father Murphy," from 1981 to 1983 and the short-lived "Aaron's Way" in 1988.

Olsen was a consensus All-American at Utah State and won the 1961 Outland Trophy as the nation's best interior lineman. The Rams drafted Olsen third overall in 1962 and he spent the next 15 years with the team before retiring in 1976.

Utah State honored Olsen in December by naming the football field at Romney Stadium "Merlin Olsen Field." Because of his illness, Olsen's alma mater didn't want to wait until football season and made the announcement during halftime of a basketball game.

Olsen was well enough to attend, but did not speak at the event. He stood and smiled as he waved to fans during a standing ovation and chants of "Merlin Olsen!" and "Aggie Legend!"

Utah State is also planning a statue of Olsen at the southeast corner of the stadium.

The Rams also honored Olsen during a game Dec. 20, with a video tribute narrated by Dick Enberg, Olsen's longtime broadcast partner. Olsen did not attend because of his health. His name was already part of the Ring of Fame inside the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis along with other franchise standouts.

He was voted NFC defensive lineman of the year in 1973 and the NFL MVP in 1974, and was voted to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1982.

Actor Peter Graves Dies at 83
Graves found dead in his Pacific Palisades home.

Updated: Sunday, 14 Mar 2010, 6:10 PM PDT
Published : Sunday, 14 Mar 2010, 6:07 PM PDT
Posted by: Scott Coppersmith / myFOXla.com

Pacific Palisades - Peter Graves, a film and TV actor who starred in the
original "Mission: Impossible" series, was found dead today at his home in
Pacific Palisades, a police officer said. Graves was 83.

He died of "apparent natural causes," said Officer Karen Rayner of the Los
Angeles Police Department.

She said the coroner was not investigating the death, and that there was
no indication of foul play.

A journeyman actor with more than 130 film and TV credits listed on the
Internet Movie Database Web site, he received a star on the Hollywood Walk
of Fame last Oct. 30.

The younger brother of Jim Arness of "Gunsmoke" fame, Graves made his film
debut in the 1951 crime drama "Rogue River." Two years later, he portrayed
a German spy placed among allied prisoners of war in "Stalag 17."

One of his early TV credits was as Jim Newton on the Saturday morning
children's series "Fury," about a horse and the boy who loved him, which
ran from 1955-60.

In 1967, Graves was cast to replace Steven Hill as the leader of the
Impossible Missions Force following the first season of the CBS spy drama
"Mission: Impossible."

Graves played Jim Phelps, who would receive instructions for his team's
next mission via a tape that would memorably self-destruct in five
seconds, until the series' cancellation in 1973. Graves reprised the role
on a 1988-90 revival on ABC.

In a departure from most of his dramatic roles, Graves starred as Capt.
Clarence Oveur in the classic 1980 spoof of disaster movies "Airplane!"

Graves parlayed his portrayal of authority figures on "Mission:
Impossible" and "Airplane!" into the hosting role on A&E's "Biography"
from 1994-2006.

Born Peter Aurness on March 18, 1926 in Minneapolis, Graves joined the
announcing staff of the Minneapolis radio station WMIN when he was 16
years old. He later attended the University of Minnesota, majoring in
drama.

Graves' other movie credits included "The Court-Martial of Billy
Mitchell"; "A Rage to Live"; "The Raid"; "The Ballad of Josie"; "The Long
Grey Line"; "Texas Across the River"; "Five Man Army"; "Spree"; "Number
One with a Gun"; "Savannah Smiles"; "Survival Run" "Cruise Missile";
"Black Tuesday" and "Fort Defiance."

Graves also appeared in the ABC miniseries "The Winds of War" and its
sequel, "War and Remembrance."

His last performance was as the narrator in 2010's "Darkstar."

Ron Lundy, radio air personality

Condolences to family, friends, and fans of legendary WABC-A/NEW YORK personality RON LUNDY, who died TODAY (3/15) of a heart attack. LUNDY, who had been recovering from a previous heart attack, was 75. LUNDY, known for his hearty catchphrase "Hello love!," started his career at WHHM-A/MEMPHIS, WDDT-A/GREENVILLE, MS and WLCS-A/BATON ROUGE before joining WIL-A/ST. LOUIS, where he worked in 1960-65. From there, LUNDY joined the staff of WABC, where he became an integral part of the station's Top 40 lineup until the flip to Talk in 1982. He later did middays at crosstown CBS RADIO Oldies WCBS-F until his 1997 retirement, when he moved to MISSISSIPPI.

I used to listen to him, Cousin Bruce Morrow, Chuck Leonard, Herb Oscar Anderson, Dan Ingram, and the others on WABC back in New York while growing up.

WABC Fan page at http://www.musicradio77.com/

I loved Peter Graves, such a sweet gentleman, always with style, grace and class. He will be missed. I had no idea he was 83, at least he was with his family up till his passing. May he RIP~

Fess Parker, TV's `Davy Crockett,' dies at 85
LOS ANGELES – Fess Parker, a baby-boomer idol in the 1950s who launched a craze for coonskin caps as television's Davy Crockett, died Thursday of natural causes. He was 85.
Family spokeswoman Sao Anash said Parker, who was also TV's Daniel Boone and later a major California winemaker and developer, died at his Santa Ynez Valley home. His death came on the 84th birthday of his wife of 50 years, Marcella.
Parker was coherent and speaking with family just minutes before his death, said Anash. Funeral arrangements will be announced later.

Influential Big Star member Alex Chilton dies
Alex Chilton, the singer and guitarist who had a No. 1 hit as a gravel-voiced teen with "The Letter" and went on to influence a generation of musicians through his work with Big Star, died Wednesday in New Orleans. He was 59.
The Memphis, Tenn., native died at a hospital after experiencing what appeared to be heart problems, said his longtime friend John Fry.

For More Info On Either Person Click the Link Provided.

For more see the Link Provided.... RIP

Fearless to the end: Remembering Margaret Moth

Simply put, Margaret Moth made an impression.

Given her jet-black hair, thick black eyeliner, black clothes and combat boots (which she often slept in while on assignment), people didn't always know what to think upon meeting her. She was quirky, the sort who excused herself from a social gathering by saying she had to wash her socks. And she was fearless, the kind of woman who not only kept the camera rolling while under fire, but zoomed in on a soldier who was shooting at her.

Colleagues learned quickly to appreciate all that this CNN camerawoman was. Beyond her rich personality, which included deep optimism and kindness, she brought to her profession top-notch technical abilities, unmatched dedication and an approach to work that inspired others to push themselves.

Moth sought out, even demanded, assignments in conflict zones. She barely survived being shot in the face in Sarajevo in 1992, only to go back as soon as she was physically able. The multiple reconstructive surgeries that followed, as well as the hepatitis C she contracted from a consequent blood transfusion, were mere obstacles she moved around.

But more than three years after being diagnosed with colon cancer, her tremendous life journey has come to an end.

Moth, known for her gutsiness, striking appearance, distinctive humor and sense of fun, died early Sunday in Rochester, Minnesota. She was 59.

"Dying of cancer, I would have liked to think I'd have gone out with a bit more flair," she said with a laugh last spring during an interview with a CNN documentary crew that had traveled to Texas, where she was visiting friends.

"The important thing is to know that you've lived your life to the fullest," she said then, before tubing down a river in Austin, Texas; taking jaunts to Cape Cod and the Canadian Rockies; and piloting a houseboat up the Mississippi River -- replete with beer and Cuban cigars. "I don't know anyone who's enjoyed life more."

From Entertainment Tonight's web site:

'I Spy' Star Robert Culp Dies

Robert Culp, the actor perhaps best known for his secret agent role opposite Bill Cosby in the '60s series "I Spy," has died. He was 79.

According to the Associated Press, Culp's agent says that the star died after collapsing while on a walk outside his Hollywood home. The LAPD says Culp hit his head and was pronounced dead after arriving at the hospital. A preliminary investigation is calling his death an accident.

The Oakland, California-born Culp began his TV career in the '50s with the Western "Trackdown," followed by roles in such classics as "The Outer Limits," "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." and "Columbo." His film roles included turns in 'Bob & Ted & Carol & Alice' and 'The Pelican Brief.'

In addition to many other TV guest shots, Culp had another hit in the early '80s, starring as a tough FBI agent opposite William Katt in "The Greatest American Hero," and landed a later recurring role in "Everybody Loves Raymond" as Ray Romano's father.

IMDB announced on their Facebook page a few minutes ago that actor Robert Culp is dead. He starred on I Spy and Greatest American Hero, and appeared on a 11 episodes on Everybody Loves Raymond. Haven't gotten confirmation from other sources yet, but will edit this when I do.

AP has it now:

By BOB THOMAS, Associated Press Writer Bob Thomas, Associated Press Writer – 14 mins ago
LOS ANGELES – Robert Culp, the actor who teamed with Bill Cosby in the racially groundbreaking TV series "I Spy" and was Bob in the critically acclaimed sex comedy "Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice," died Wednesday after collapsing outside his Hollywood home, his agent said. Culp was 79.

His manager, Hillard Elkins, said the actor was on a walk when he fell. He was taken to a hospital and pronounced dead just before noon. The actor's son was told he died of a heart attack, Elkins said, though police were unsure if the fall was medically related.

Los Angeles police Lt. Robert Binder said no foul play was suspected. Binder said a jogger found Culp, who apparently fell and struck his head.

Culp had been working on writing screenplays, Elkins said.

"I Spy," which aired from 1965 to 1968, was a television milestone in more ways than one. Its combination of humor and adventure broke new ground, and it was the first integrated television show to feature a black actor in a starring role.

Culp played Kelly Robinson, a spy whose cover was that of an ace tennis player. (In real life, Culp actually was a top-notch tennis player who showed his skills in numerous celebrity tournaments.). Cosby was fellow spy Alexander Scott, whose cover was that of Culp's trainer. The pair traveled the world in the service of the U.S. government.

The series greatly advanced the careers of both actors.

Link to the rest of this article!

Back