The photos of the day!

I don't really know much about photography but I love to take photos. My camera's broken at the moment so I only have old photos to offer. I can't wait 'til February when I get a new one :D

wolfesgamergirl
+This is a really nice shot. I love the colours and the way my eye is drawn up the slope by the yellow lines.
-It seems as thought the picture is tilted slight to the right, but that may just be the way the ground is.

jennis
+Beautiful picture, I really like the way it shows the water breaking on the rock.
-The green leaf/twig on the right hand side draws my eye away from the photo slightly.

This is a picture of my snowy garden this time last year.
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee100/CSI-LeAnne/snowygarden2.jpg

LeAnne xx

Jennis

+ I really like how you capture the stream in mid flow.
- The branches sticking into the frame are a bit distracting to the eye.

CalleighD

+ I love snow covered pictures, makes me feel like a snowglobe or a post card.
- After the tree line the lower right corner is dead and there is nothing to draw the eye there.

Wow didn't expect this thread to go this fast :D

@Jennis: Please comment on the photo above yours next time with posting a photo of your own!

@Amy777: alrighty. I am quit busy at the moment but I'll try to make some big comments some of your photos in the future!

@CalleighD
+ snow is good! You picked a great day for the photo. I normally dislike grey days but the sky seems to blend in perfectly here!
- the earth is really round isn't it ;) Try to have your camera straight. It really makes a huge difference!

My turn :)

(the photo responsible for the idea of a religious theme in the LPS ;))

Wolfesgamergirl Thanks for the complement, I was mostly focused on the sharks, the people are a reflection in the glass of the tank. I kind of liked the wonder on the face of the two adults as they looked at the sharks.

BlueCurl
+ Interesting composition, I like that you showed the statue and the window, not one or the other.
- you cut off the top of the window on the right side

here is mine, I took this a couple of years ago.

Thank you BlueCurl, I think I got it to work.

BlueCurl
+ I love the stained glass and the statue. Reminds me of the churches that I visited in Canterbury, England a few year ago.
- The loss of the window on the left corner and the top greatly stops the flow of the eye around the photo.

Amy777
+ I love how the flower is popping out from the background. As well as the details that show as well.
- My eyes go to the stem alot because the color is drasticly different fromt he flower. A small crop would easily take that way and put the focus right on to the Tulip.

Took this out the plane window on my way home to Wisconsin from Dallas in January 2007. Nice contrast to the ones taken out the window of the snow in Milwaukee. :)

@Amy777 (your welcome)
+ The whole diaphragm thing is great. The blurry background and the very good sharp flower. The flower itself doesn't got any blurry points. So well done! The colour of the flower is really good in contrast to it's green background.
- The flower itself looks a bit filthy. I would also have rotated it a bit because the stem takes everything along into that direction. And the top of the flower allows it a bit to be rotated slightly. It is also a bit off. The flower in the left lower corner distracts a bit. So cropping that one out also works in a advantage.

But overall a great photo (I'm a nitpicker ;))

---

@wolfergamergirl
+ Something else up high for a change!
- It's a bit grey-ish. The contrast can be better. To bad the wings in the way!

---

My photo for the day:

Amy777 said:
That's kind of cool, it looks like a "crazy quilt" to me. I love flying (my dad is a pilot).

Please say bit more about a phone than just one line (even you don't post a photo)

BlueCurl
+ I like the concept of the fishers, pier, and boats.
- After the top of the light house there isn't anything to bring the eye to the top of the photo.

Another that was a possible for the water competition. :)

wolfesgamergirl
+I love how the water droplets catch the light and the different tones of the colour are really nice.
-The dark area in the top left is a little distracting to me.

This is one I took ages ago, I was in Disneyland in Paris, and we decided to walk the long way to our hotel, and I photographed the road. Sorry for the link again, but I don;t know how to make thumbnails :rolleyes:
Photo

LeAnne xx

^^^^ LeAnne when I upload pics as thumbnails I upload two of the same pic in photoshop and resize one of them to thumbail. Then instead of writing text when creating a "linked pic" I post the IMG code :D... I hope that helps!

I sort of tried doing that but I couldn't get it to work- stupid me. Thanks for explaining it better to me though. I shall try it now.

Another way to do this is Photobuket is click the box under the pic, scroll to the bottom and click generate HTML and IMG code button. Then copy and paste the clickable thumbnail cde. :) Hope that helps.

On to the pic.

CalleighD
+ I like how the street and sidewalk go directly to the vanishing point very cleanly.
- The point from the pole to where you stood is blank, there's nothing to draw the eye to that part of the picture.

CalleighD
+ There is a clear focal point, the lighted sign. It draws the eye directly there.
- The is a telephone pole cutting off some of the signs, a couple of steps to the left would put the pole in a better place

Some more flower pictures that I took this last spring.

And thank you BlueCurl for the longer help. I appreciate it.

Amy777
+ The colorng of the flowers and the entire photo are very nice. The flowers pop very well against the green.
- The fence is a bit distracting, just a small crop could take care of that. Lowering the angle of the camera might help the cropping as well.

I took this one at the County Fair over the summer. :)

Back