The photos of the day!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BlueCurl, Dec 23, 2007.

1. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

Interesting thread...And really nice pictures everyone :)

Ok, this is hard for me. I don't know anything about photography, tecnically speaking. But as in everything, I have a subjective opinion about the look of it. I do like to take photographs and I like even more to look at good photos :)

wolfesgamergirl
    + I really like the light and colouring, especially in the left side of the photo, and I also think the effect the white structures create along the path is really nice ;)
    - Because there's a variety of elements and views in the photo, my brain and my eyes are not really sure about where to look first and where to focus my attention.

So, now my picture. I was just randomly shooting around my house...I look forward to have your opinion on it.
    [​IMG]

2. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

CSI_Dani

+ I really like the colors and the definetion that each piece has.
    - It's just a bit too busy. I keep bouncing from piece to piece not knowing where to focus first. Perhaps focusing on one small section might help.

Here's mine for today, just an random photo from Thanksgiving.

[​IMG]

3. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

4. Roosey

Roosey Captain

Adorable_Crazy:
    + The sunshine's really clear. Really good job on that!
    - The colours are a bit wiped out. Maybe a different White Balance could've helped.

wolfsgamergirl:
    + The subjects aren't distracting, despite the fact there are so many.
    - The flash. You could've used a longer shutter time. Or a higher ISO-value.

Picture

^ How do I get a thumbnail link using Photobucket? Anyways, here's my picture. It's my cat, taken a couple of weeks ago.

5. Stepherweps

Thanks, I'm proud of it, but cause I usually suck at photography, it was just a quick shot with my camera. Hehe. I'm going to try and play around with it and see, if I can get any good shots around here.

6. Stepherweps

That is a fantastic shot of your cat Roosey. I love the way it's shot it black/white, I think it makes the shot.

7. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Adorable_Crazy
    + I like the concept and how you got the rays to appear that they are touching the ground.
    - The colors are a bit muted, the grey cloud in the center doesn't appeal to the eye as much at the brither rays.

Firstly it wasn't a flash that was the light from the window behind me. Secondly I don't have a $500 camera so ISO value doesn't exist on mine.

Roosey
    + The black and white was a nice concept.
    - Focusing on the face would have been a better idea. It's hard for the eyes to travel all the way around the pic as lines are going different places.

Here's mine for today. One of my friend was getting ready for the show and I was taking random pictures and somehow ended up with this gem.

[​IMG]

8. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Adorable_Crazy, please don't double post as it can be considered spamming, if no one has posted after you and you have something to add within 24 hours please use the edit button.

9. Amy777

Amy777 Rookie

WolfsGamerGirl

+ I like the reflection, shadow, real image affect.
    - the subject is a little washed out

Here is mine for today, I took this one a few years ago at a tulip festival near where I live. WolfsGamerGirl

tulip

10. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Acutally she's really just that pale, and it was w/o flash.

Amy777
    + I like the way the colors pop from the darm background.
    - The flower in the upper left corner is a bit distracting. The odd vs even rule comes to mind. It's easier on the eyes to have an odd number to look at rather than even.

11. Stepherweps

Sorry about that. I'll keep that in mind.

12. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Well no one's posted a pic since I lasted reviewed so I'll put mine up for today.

Took this yesterday after the lovely snow storm we recieved. Thanks Mother Nature! :lol:

[​IMG]

13. Amy777

Amy777 Rookie

WolfesGamerGirl I seem to always be posting after you. I like your pictures by the way.

WolfesGamerGirl
    + I love the tree, the snow, I like how you can see the overcast sky, I can "See" the chill of the air. I like the composition.
    - (I really don't feel qualified to offer any negatives, I am not very good myself) but it kind of looks black and white, If there was more green on the tree, in between the snow. I think it would be even more striking.

I took this picture when I took my sister, brother-in-law, and their baby to the zoo this Christmas. We were in the shark observation room and I got this picture.

sharks

14. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Guess a lot of people have stuff going on for the holidays. Or they don't have any pics to post at the moment.

Amy777

+ I really like the compostion of your as well. There are an odd number of subjects in the photo and the placement works very well.
    - I don't know if it was your lens or the tank walls but it's very fuzzy around the people's faces. Also can't tell if you were focusing on the people or the sharks.

I took this on my way to run errands one beautiful October day in good old 2007. Of course it took a while to get a good shot as people and cars kept getting in the way, but the wait was well worth it.

[​IMG]

15. jennis

jennis Dead on Arrival