The photos of the day!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BlueCurl, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Animals like to welcome me by either a) humping something b) actually mating infront of my eyes. I will never be able to look at a goat or zebra in the same way - ever- again. :lol:

Send some snow here please!! :D

2. Amy777

Amy777 Rookie

Wolfsgamergirl
    + I like your interest in showing the artistry of every day objects. The contrast between the coffee and the cup is simple but good, you can see some reflection in the liquid, that adds to the charming nature of the subject.
    - The dark lines on the left hand side detract some from the simplicity of the shot, with a combination of cropping that out and or "clone stamping" could get rid of that.

mine for today, how about a rose...I did some manipulation to it, I was going for the ethereal, soft focus look. Did I do too much? I want the reviewer to know that some soft focus was intentional, should I have kept to my normal of looking for only sharpness? I was just experimenting around one day, what do you think of my fore into experimentation?

[​IMG]

3. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Amy777
    + I love the soft focus look that you applied to the photo. It greatly reminds me of one of Georgia O'Keefe's amazing oil paintings. Sharpness isn't all there is to a photo, different effects can be achieved in many different ways, and I think this one was very well done.
    - I think you could have tightened the composition slightly, especially the left side since the top, right, and bottom are cut off. A little unbalanced (but I kind of like it that way... :rolleyes: ) Ignore me.

Here's mine, more zebras because I seem to have a folder of them. :eek:

[​IMG]

4. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Gaelen

Definetly liking the Zebras, perhaps National Geographic will call and ask for some. :D :p

+ I like the staticness of this group. Easy for the eye to travel around the photo.
    - A bit of a dark cast on the Zebras. Now I don't know which way the light was coming form but perhaps an overall lighten might help.

While flipping through one of my PBs I found some photos I took when ABC's Extreme Makeover Home Edition was in Dundee Wis a few years back. So until I can I cna upload new ones, these will have to do. :p

This one is of Ed, the hilirous Brit.

[​IMG]

5. Amy777

Amy777 Rookie

Georgia O'Keeffe? I love her paintings ever since my "Art appreciation" class that my artist aunt taught me and my sisters when we were little. Thanks.

Wolfsgamergirl
    + Wonderful candid, clear, sharp, interesting. Well done.
    - It seams "washed out" in some places, but that could be just the bright sunny day.

Mine for today, I took this at the top of my favorite trail to go to for taking pictures of wild flowers. Unfortunately there was a bad mudslide on the road going up there and I can't get any closer than 10 miles away from the trail head. It might be along time before I see it again.;)

[​IMG]

6. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Amy777
    + I love the composition, it's alot like the foreground-middleground-background excersises that you'd have to do in an art class. The photo is fragmented but fits together perfictly.
    - I only wished you could had more of the foreground in. ;)

Here's mine for today: I wanted to take a picture of a static object, whilst its surroundings were moving. Any luck at all?

[​IMG]

7. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Gaelen
    + I give you major points for taking a risk, as this is a big part of what photography is all about.
    - There is a bit too much blur and the tree gets a little lost. Perhaps cropping it down so it's more centered on the tree. :)

Here's one of Ty Pennington's back side as we went back to shot another shot for the show. :lol:

[​IMG]

8. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^Thanks for the tip Sara :) I appreciate it. Still a bit difficult to get that to work properly, even though the end result would/should look absolutely amazing :)

Your photo:
    + Nice candid shot. Ty looks like he's stomping in with the intention of bashing someone on the head :lol:
    - The heads are a little distracting, and be careful of that white pole (?) you captured on the left. It makes it look like a border and doesn't really work with the photo.

Here's mine for today: A picture taking atop Table Mountain in Cape Town

[​IMG]

9. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

You're very welcome for the tip. :)

The heads were a bit hard...if I took them out I lose most of the pic....guess that's what happens when people are in fornt of you in a small spce aon reveal day. :lol: And the white pole is part of the house...I thought I had cut that out *slaps self*.

Gaelen
    + This photo really reminds me of the White Cliffs of Dover in England, good thing I read the line before it.
    - It's a bit dark try a but of a saturation enhancement or some brightnes. The fog (?) at the top is a bit distracting and cuts off the rocks.

Another Ty photo :lol: Well Ed was off fixing the shower door her broke so I didn't get many pics of him. Darn camera man got in my way....but it is a tv show after all!

[​IMG]

10. Amy777

Amy777 Rookie

Wolfsgamergirl
    + Good coloring, interesting story telling photo.
    - You know what it is...the camera person, but that you could not do much about.
    I hope your computer gets fixed soon. I look forward to some new photos from you

Mine for today, I like taking pictures of things that normally I don't get to see, I took this picture of honeysuckle some time ago.

[​IMG]

Oh and just an FYI, tulip festival started yesterday, expect tulips coming soon.

11. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^Oh no! not more tulips! :guffaw: I'm just kidding :p

Sara, I so love Ty. He just makes me laugh for no reason whatsoever. I just laugh (or grin) when I see him. :lol:

Great photo though...too bed you couldn't just shove that camera man away.

12. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

+ I like the centre is focused and it blurs our to the edges gives it a more crisp look
    - I would have personally gone closer capture more details of the petals.

I been meanin to put a pic in here and finally i have one.
    Taken last night when a lot of alcohol was consumed and camera and cam phones came out... i was impressed by it but its a classic hold the camera up and take a pic

Me and my mate Shoko in the background
    [​IMG]

13. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Amy, I'l looking forward to the Tulips, tho if Liffy wants he can have some too. :p

Hopefully I should have it soon...hard drive was due in on Tuesday afternoon. *crosses fingers because she really wants to share new photos*

Dawni
    + I love the fun atmosphere capture in this photo. Definetly shows there was a lot of fun to be had.
    - Unfortunetly the center focus is right next to your head and under your friend's arm. Also it's a shame her face was cut off at the top, having it in would have rounded it out better.

Paige, one of the designers and home grown Wisconsin girl :p, taking a photo with some friends. :)

[​IMG]

14. Amy777

Amy777 Rookie

Wolfsgamergirl
    + I love that show, I watch it every week. As for the photo, good lighting, good "story" photo. The photo is nice and crisp and clear.
    - The two girls on the sides are cut off some, it could have been made better by not going in quite so much.

Mine for today, you want tulips? Here you go.

[​IMG]

15. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Amy777
    + Lovely vibrant colours and great contrast with the hints of green. It's also very well focused.
    - Would have been nice if the flower down the bottom wasn't so harshly cut off. Perhaps adding in a little bit more or cutting more out.

Here's mine for today:

[​IMG]