The photos of the day!

Roosey, Photobucket should allow you to post thumbnails, however the link is not straightaway shown. You have to tick the box and hit "Generate HTML and IMG code" at the bottom. There will be a code for "IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended" on the new page for that image. Hope that helps :)

Anyways, back to your picture...
+ I love how the face of the cat is in focus but the rest is not. And the black and white works well too.
- Increasing the contrast would make the picture pop out more, it's still a bit grey, and perhaps zooming out slightly so that the cat's face isn't cut off.

Here's my picture for today:

Gaelen
+ I love it. Gorgeous picture, beautiful colours, just altogether really well done
- The horizon is slightly slanted and the gazelles in the back right are a bit distracting. Not that it matters, the rest of the picture totally makes up for it.

Showtime
+ I like how certain parts to the car, mainly the roof edge, is lost in the bright light. Adds to a "futuristic" feel to it.
- There's a reflection of a red car in the door, which is distracting. I wished you had panned out slightly so we could get a little bit of the front of the car. It's just too cut off.

Here's mine for today:

Gaelen
+ The woods and the river is a very nice nature photo. I could see this as an image on a postcard.
- The potted plants seems out of place and the bright color of the pot draws the eye over.

Here's mine, random shot again.

Re: Wolfesgamergirl

Umm...that's not a river. It's a gravel path at the camping grounds I stayed at a while back. :p Which explains why the potted plants are there. It looks like in the middle of nowhere right? :p

River, gravel....all looks the same from far away with the sun shining on it. :p But the potted plant does look quite out of place, even for a path.

The whole place was random. I should post a picture of the huts too if I actually sort through my pictures and find them... :rolleyes: They were wooden huts but the interior was pink. I was like...:wtf: ??

Right...guess I'll be commenting on your picture then, wolfesgamergirl. :)

+ I like your approach and the composition is alright.
- The salt shaker on the right is cut off, it would have been better if you had framed it with a little negative space. And the shot isn't focused properly.

Here's mine for today: A couple of Zebras on the side of the road. :)

Last edited:
Guess it's just us, Gaelen. :lol:

+ I love the humerous aspect with the Zebra showing his "best side". The coloring is very nice, I'm a huge fan of natural light.
- Perhaps cropping a bit more of the back ground out, what is there right now is uneven on both sides. Evening it out is more pleasing to the eye.

Random flowers. Running out of photos untill my laptop gets fixed. Oo

Gaelen, I just wanted to comment and say that the Zebra photo you posted is beautiful. I love Zebras, and that's a beautiful photo.

wolfesgamergirl
+ I love the vibrant colours and the contrast it makes with the darker areas.
- It's blurry and not focused well.

Here's mine for today, another couple of Zebras for vegaslights :)

Gaelan+ I love the natural wildlife pictures that are from a different ecosystem than I live in. Funny how the zebras always want to turn their back to the camera, you did a wonderful job of getting the most of the front as you did.
- Use a straitening tool to straiten out the horizon it is slightly slanted up to the right.

On the vein of Zebras, here is one from my favorite zoo. It is not in the natural surroundings exactly...but we do the best we can for being just 1 hour from a temperate rain forest, and in the middle of the rain rainy side of the rain shadow.

Amy777
+ I love the Zebra's position, and yeah, you got the front. I don't understand their mentality but it seems it's "CAMERA! - ASS SHOT!". Well to me anyways, yeah...
- I feel the picture is a little tight on the top. Panning out just slightly would've been nice.

Here's another Zebra, and more ass-shots. :p

Yes I got a lot of "but shots" too, I usually erase most of them but some...either that or I get the "time to relieve myself" shots too. I have one of a zebra that I did not even notice what it was doing until I got it on my computer and then...I laughed. I have a sister that I go to the zoo with and every time at least 3 animals decide they need to welcome her presence with a little something. It is so funny.

Interesting shot by the way. I won't give a full review because I have already submitted a photo for today.

oh and Wolfsgamergirl, I think it is all your fault, all those pictures of snow...I was busy being happy that you had all the snow and we were having such a good winter...now it has been snowing for 3 days. It is snowing now, I had 2 inches of show to scrape off my car this morning when I got off work. (my cat thinks it is a personal insult to her, she hates snow) No pictures as of yet, too much work and not enough light.

Last edited:
Gaelen
+ Again I like the humor expressed in the photo with the Zebras going about thier business.
- Perhaps panning out a bit more to get the legs in as well. Right nwo teh Zebra feels cut off.

Amy, sorry! All of our snow has been slowly melting. It's been nice...especially to finally see green grass again. And some flowers are even starting to bloom. :)

Also I should have fresh photo sometime next week as that is when my laptop will be fixed. I have a ton of my camera but nowhere to go with them. :lol:

Back