The Official Pets thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by GilGrissomCSI, Feb 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kayfeb

kayfeb Rookie

WAAHH! watacloseup! a ham :p! Sure Tess loves the camera so much

2. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

E-I-E-I-Ooooooooo.

3. magicmunchies

magicmunchies Lab Technician

Heres links to some the horses I've had:

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj137/magicmunchies/B0001043.jpg

^This is Mickey, my first pony. I got him when I was 7. I sold him when I was 8 as I grew out of him (big growth spurt)

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj137/magicmunchies/B0001523.jpg

^This is Harrison, my first 'horse' I got him when I was 8-9. He died or cancer last year. He was a darling, taught me lots about horses.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj137/magicmunchies/B0001639.jpg

^This is Copper. I got him when I was 10, Hes with the RDA now as I needed something with a bit more ooomph. He was a great horse

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj137/magicmunchies/B0002370.jpg

^I got Chino (Cappuchino) I'm renting him to a 13 year old who loves him to bits. Hes my baby. I'm not selling him but hes at a place where hes spoilt and gets loads of attention, i see him regularly as I ride with her alot as shes a sweety and I babysit her

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj137/magicmunchies/DCP_2308.jpg

^This is Winter, My dear old dressage horse. She loved my trainer sooo much that I sold her to her and they are doing great (advanced dressage great)

Now I have Buffy who is fab, fits my needs.

Just thought I'd share, I've had a few other horses but these are the special ones.

p.s Kayfeb Tess is a camerawhore. It's funny

Dynamo-And on that farm she had a....

4. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

My dog is being so bad lately! When we go out, we usually leave him in the house but when we get home, theres trash everywhere and things are chewed up. So yesterday we had to go out for a few hours so we put him out-back with food and water and he chewed through the screen door, CHEWED through it!! We might not be able to keep him for much longer, my parents cant stand all the messes he makes and everything he destroys.

5. allmaple

allmaple Judge

you said he is 6 months old right? he could be teething (i dont know when this starts/stops though). giving him ice (or even frozen beef or chicken broth) to chew will help ease the itching and hopefully he wont chew up the house. you can also soak a cloth in water, scrunch it up, put it in the freezer then give it to the dog to chew. destructive behaviour can be a sign of stress, anxiety, or just plain boredom. has he started training yet? dogs can learn what they can and cannot do in the house, but it takes time.

i had my rats in the vet yet again the other week. i wanted their bumblefoot checked on before leaving school since it wasnt gone yet. we are trying new antibiotics that will hopefully clear this up. its been 4 months treating them! and archie needs to go on a dieat :lol: the vet wasnt sure how to accomplish this, as i havent changed the kind or amount of food they get so archie must be taking more than hodges. now that im home i can let them run in the backyard, maybe more excersize will help him slim down. archie has a fat roll on his belly! :eek:

6. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

Thanks for all the advice ;) Ill try those things. We give him a lot of chew toys though so if he was teething, wouldnt those satisfy him?

7. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

My little guy was exactly like that. It actually got to the point where he dug a hole in the wall and wrecked three screen doors in succession. The trash bin would be spilled out onto the floor, and it got to be a horrible mess.

I can't remember exactly what we did, but after awhile he stopped and now he only chews on his foot :lol: However, one thing I do recommend is getting a pet carrier/cage (big enough to last into adulthood) and locking him in there when you go out. He'll whine and complain, and may even start chewing on the plastic, but it'll keep him from wrecking things.

Sometimes chew toys aren't exactly the most appetizing things to dogs. Think about it - would you enjoy gnawing on a piece of rubber? :guffaw: Rawhide bones are good, but some dogs are allergic so be careful with that. Otherwise, I don't know what else I can offer. PM if you want to talk - I might have some more ideas. Give your pup a scratch for me! :)

Sissi

8. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

My dog is going through a similar phase but it's the strangest thing. She's only a hellion in our house. I left her at my brother's for a week and she was a total angel. Apperently she didn't even touch the food the baby left out on his little table when they went grocery shopping for a few hours and just left her there in the house.

So... I don't know what to do about the trash all over thing. Back in the day if I fed her and gave her a rawhide chew she wouldn't get into the trash but these days she's really bad about that. She also picks loaves of bread off the counter and tears them up. Or boxes of cereal. I keep things on the counters it's the way I've always done it... so I'm having to adjust to not doing that.

I know she's well trained because I wanted her to be good with the kids (I got her when my nephew wasn't even a year old yet) so I trained her not to be grabby-bitey. She's an 80lb shepherd and I wanted to be able to leave her alone with the baby, and not worry that she'd be snappy if he bugged her, or ate near her. She's polite and won't take things without being offered and stuff... but as soon as we turn our backs she's making all sorts of messes. And, only at my house. She's never messed up a friend's place, my brother's, or my step-parents houses. Just ours.

Should I move? I've considered it. I rent now... so while I'd hate not having all the space that I do... I could adjust to an apartment or another house if it meant that Elphie's problems would go away.

9. allmaple

allmaple Judge

10. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

Maybe he just wanted to cool off? :D They're so cute, allmaple.

11. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^^LOL! :lol: Haha, your rats are hilarious, allmaple :D

My tortoise used to go into the pool, the only problem is that he couldn't climb back out again...so he'd just swim around until one of us realises he's doing the breaststroke and yell at him. :lol:

12. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

Allmaple, i love those little rats :lol: They're o so cute.
    I'm having a house guest right now, my sis'n law's dog, but since she's black and i only have my cell to make pictures I have to wait until to tomorrow, since it's too dark right now :lol:

13. Austin

Austin Hit and Run

This morning I was woken up by my friends because the barn behind our house was on fire. It took them an hour to get it put out. The farmer has horses and chickens. They come and visit us-my dog I should say. I was grateful when "our" friendly rooster started to crow and let every one know it was time to get up. He is one dedicated alarm clock.

I have 1 dog, 2 cats and 3 fish. My dog Jake is a Boarder Collie Lab Mix and is a big boy. He is a mama's boy and his favorite toys are the cats. He never hurts them but by the time he gets done with them they are covered in slobber. (just lovely)
    My beta, GIL-for Grissom-will come to the top when I feed them and follow my hand until I drop his food in. He has to be fed first then his little buddies who have no names get to eat.

14. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Here are a couple of pics of "the kids" that I took recently. We get to go to the vet for a check up in a week or so. Oh joy! Cricket suddenly has these bald patches in his fur, and he's quite sensitive about it! [​IMG]

Cricket
    Ellie

15. allmaple

allmaple Judge

this is an absolutely gorgeous photo! she looks very pretty :)

well, pixie had quite the day today. as if a rat falling into the pool wasnt bad enough, today the poor old cat fell in! she is 16 and a half years old, and knows the pool is there but has never had an accident before. from the last time i checked on her to when i found her was 20 minutes, so i have no idea how long the poor thing was stuck in the cold water for. my brother and i dried her off and tried using blankets and a heating pad to warm her up, but after an hour she was still shivering and could hardly walk. we rushed her to the cat hospital and they put her on heat and gave her warm food which she ate a lot of. they said she was hypoglycemic and probably hypothermic. when we got her to the vet her body temperature was almost 5 degrees too low. shes home now, nice and warm, and will not be allowed out unsupervised until the pool cover is taken off. i think she probably slipped on the cover because it is usually off by now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.