The Official Pets thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by GilGrissomCSI, Feb 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^I don't like siamese cats, I don't know why. Especially if they're those really thin bony ones that I think are going to die on me :eek:

I usually sleep with my room door open, so Salem used to come in, but not all the time. She had her moments. Usually she'd sleep on my computer chair though. It was cute, but annoying when I wanted her off cause she'd stick her claws into the cushion and I couldn't pry her off :lol:

I like plump cats. Dunno why. They're jsut adorable :p

2. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

^ Bony cats are creepy (to me atleast):lol:

I took my puppy for one of his first walks outside, on a leash and he was a maniac. He practically ripped his collar off then just ran after random small dogs. Now usually a german shephard on the loose + small dogs = trouble. *sigh* I guess Ill try walking him again today..wish me luck.

3. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^*imagines german shephard chasing small dogs* Haha, poor dogs! But that's such a cute picture though!

Maybe you should get a stronger collar. :p

4. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

Thats a good idea, I think we are going to get one of those metal training ones (its not as freaky as it sounds), the ones that get tighter the more the dogs pull on it. Those seem to work, I think. But my dog is such a maniac so when he sees another dog, he goes crazy and just rips his collar off; if he did that with the training collar he would probably hurt himself! :lol:

5. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^Maybe he just needs more friends :lol:

No, but maybe try and introduce him to other dogs slowly first? In a more confined area perhaps. Is he used to having lots of dogs around?

6. allmaple

allmaple Judge

by puppy do you mean actual puppy? (i only ask because sometimes i call my 16 year old cat a kitten :lol:) places like petsmart have puppy training and socialization classes. introducing him to other dogs in a controlled environment (and with proffessionals around) is probably the best way to go. and since he is going to be a big dog you want to make sure he learns his leash manners right off the bat. a pinch collar or chain collar can help with training and transitioning to a regular collar. also with large strong dogs sometimes they may need to be walked on a lupi or head collar. but if you train them right from the start there should be no issues with walking on a leash.

and my cat is slim but still adorable :p we couldnt put weight on her if we tried, once she reached her adult weight (less than 5 pounds) she just stayed there.
    skinny kitty:

[​IMG]

7. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

I found this thread and had to post. I love animals, I plan to have so many more when I'm older and move out of my parents house. Here are my critters.

Noodles My Russian Tort, just got her this summer.
    Alphonse My Red Eared Slider, he lives in a 75 gallon tank in the basement.
    Moggy My families Pug. He is spoiled rotten.
    Pumpkin My cat shes like 14 years old, we have three other cats but no pic of them.
    Basil My Teddy Bear hamster, I always had them growing up and finally got him this summer.

8. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

You've got a lot of pets here. I love those turtles :guffaw:

9. 4blueeyez

4blueeyez Rookie

Bengel is no longer with us. We had to put him down last night. (typing this makes my eyes wet again)

We went to visited him yesterday afternoon and he seemed to be doing a bit better. We wanted to talk to the vet, but he was busy so he would call later in the afternoon. When he called, he said that they had made an x-ray of his chest and that his heart didn't look that well. It was 1,5 times bigger than normal. According to the vet it was like he had had a couple of small heartattacks and he wouldn't completely recover from it.
    I've been feeling like crap since the news. It's going a bit better today, but it will take some time to get over this. He has been in my life for 14 years. And having to go to my grandmother's 90th birthday tomorrow isn't going to help (I don't like birthday's and I don't really like that side of the family). But I guess life goes on...

10. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Oh, I'm so sorry about your Bengel 4blueeyez. *hugs* :(

Hey, MsCatherineBrown, how big is your red-eared slider? :eek: I've got one too but mine's smaller, I don't know what would I do if it grows that big...I hope yours get enough light in the basement 'cause they need lots of light.

11. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

I'm so sorry to hear about Bengel 4blueeyez. :( *hugs* I hope you'll feel better soon. It's always hard when you lose a companion that's been by your side for such a long time.

Tortoise pictures? :( Now I'm missing Sam all over again... we actually went past the area where we let him go on the way to the airport today. I was picturing him swimming in the lake without a care in the world (like he used to do in our swimming pool when we weren't looking). :p

12. casey34472

casey34472 Dead on Arrival

I just got a chinchilla. His name is speedy.He is so cute. I've had him for two weeks and everything going good. Other than fish he is my only pet.

13. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

I'm so sorry to hear about this 4blueeyez :(. At least you got to have your best friend beside you for so long - just remember the happy times together. I know from experience that it'll take awhile - a very long while - for things to get easier, and I hope you hang in there. :) If you need somebody to talk to, don't hesitate to message me. I'm a nice person - most of the time :p

I just got some new pics of my buddies - the dog is Conny (male) and the cat is Oliver (male).

Wants a snack. Now.
    Looking down on the world.

Sorry for the bad quality - phone pics. :p

A chinchilla? Wow casey! Tell us about him - did you name him after Speedle or... :guffaw:

14. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

My puppy is about 6 months old. Im not so sure if thats still considered a puppy, but I doubt it because hes pretty huge already :lol: Im just so used to calling him my puppy. Anyways, thanks for all the advice! Im going to try a few of the things you suggested and Ill give you some feedback after :)

15. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Do you have any pictures? I'd lurve to see the terror of the streets in colour :p

haha :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.