The Office

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by glam_chic86, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I just got the second season on DVD this week. The deleted scenes and other extras are all pretty funny, I think it goes without saying the episodes are funny. I can't wait for the new season to start, I'm dying to find out what they're going to do with Jim and Pam.

2. Comte

Comte Police Officer

This show is fantastic!!Both the British and American versions...
    Whoever wrote this show is a genius!!!!

3. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

I'm so excited that the season primere is tomorrow :D! Here's a spoiler on what's gonna happn tomorrow...

The title of the episode is Gay Witch Hunt. Basically what happens is when Michael unintentionally outs a gay employee, he stumbles through a sensitivity minefield. Also, something happens with Jim & Pam's relationship as well as it's brought to light or something like that.

Oh god I hope something good happens between Jim & Pam tomorrow & I pray that she doesn't marry Roy.

4. Aquarian

Aquarian Hit and Run

So excited about the season premiere!! Cannot wait! I love this show and so glad that it stayed on the air. I remember when it first started out, it wasn't doing well in the ratings but then they kept it on the air and now it's a huge success. Couldn't be happier for the show!
    And I hope something good happens between Jim and Pam too! I'm just so curious as to what is going to happen.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Pam apparently does not marry Roy. It was (untentionally) spoiled in a New York Times article with somebody from The Office that the two text message each other a lot because they are in a long distance relationship.

6. iloveyou

iloveyou CSI Level One

The Office tonight everyone :D!!
    [​IMG]

7. glam_chic86

I am so frigging exicted for tonight. I've been waiting for this day ever since the season finale. I wonder what will happen between Micheal & Jan & Dwight & Angela but as for my favourite couple...

Oh god I am so happy that they're not gonna get married. Hopefully it won't be a cliche like they broke up 'cause Roy cheated. It's obvious that Pam likes Jim after the phone call & the kiss but we'll wait to see what happens tonight :).

This is totally the best sitcom out there!

8. csinut

csinut Lab Technician

Yay! Only few more hours! :D Can't wait to see how the whole Jim and Pam thing plays out!!!!

9. glam_chic86

I figure I'll post some quotes to get everyone in the mood for tonight:

[during a "Diversity Day" exercise; Angela is wearing a sign on her forehead that says "Jamaican."]
    Kevin: Hey.
    Angela: Hey.
    Kevin: You wanna go to the beach?
    Angela: Sure.
    Kevin: You wanna get high?
    Angela: No.
    Kevin: I think you do, mon
    -----
    Dwight Schrute: The problem, Jim, is that people who are really suffering from a medical condition won't receive the care they need because someone in this office is coming up with ridiculous stuff. Count Choculitis.
    Jim Halpert: Sounds Tough.
    Dwight Schrute: Why did you write that down, Jim? Is it because you know I love Count Chocula?
    ---
    Dwight Schrute: Someone forged medical information, and that's a felony.
    Jim Halpert: OK, Whoa, all right 'cause that's a pretty intense accusation. How do you know that they're fake?
    Dwight Schrute: [reading from a sheet] Uh, Leprosy, Flesh Eating Bacteria, Hot Dog Fingers, Government Created Killer Nano Robot Infection.
    ---Michael Scott: What is the single most important thing for a company? Is it the building? Is it the stock? Is it the turnover? It's the people. The *people*. My proudest moment here wasn't when I increased profits by 17%, or cut expenditure without losing a single member of staff. No, no, no ,no. It was a young Guatamalan guy, first job in the country, hardly spoke a word of English, but he came to me and he went "Mr Scott, will you be the Godfather to my child?" Didn't work out in the end. We had to let him go. He sucked.
    ---
    Michael Scott: I guess the atmosphere that I've tried to create here is that I'm a friend first and a boss second, and probably an entertainer third.
    ---
    Michael Scott: No, I'm not going to tell them about the downsizing. If a patient has cancer, you don't tell them.
    ---
    Michael Scott: This, is an environment of welcoming, and you should just get the hell outa here.
    ---
    Michael Scott: I'm friends with everybody in this office. We're all best friends. I love everybody here. But sometimes your best friends start coming into work late and start having dentist appointments that aren't dentist appointments, and that is when it's nice to let them know that you could beat them up.
    ---
    Phyllis: [the employees are listing what books they would like to read on a desert island] The DaVinci Code.
    Angela: The DaVinci Code. I would bring The DaVinci Code. So I could burn The DaVinci Code.
    Dwight Schrute: Yeah right, that would keep you warm for like 7 seconds.
    ---
    Michael Scott: Yes. It is true. I, Michael Scott, am signing up with an online dating service. Thousands of people have done it, and I am going to do it. I need a username, and... I have a great one. "Little Kid Lover". That way people will know exactly where my priorities are at.
    ---
    Edward R. Meow: [Michael and the employees kids are watching the young Michael on an old puppet show] So, tell me, what do you wanna be when you grow up?
    Young Michael Scott: I wanna be married and have 100 kids so I can have 100 friends, and no one can say no to being my friend.
    Edward R. Meow: [Long pause] Uh... oh, ok. Well, nice talking with you, Michael. Back to you, Miss Trudy!
    Melissa Hudson: [after Michael turns off the clip] Did you get married?
    Michael Scott: Uh, no...
    Abby: Why not?
    Michael Scott: Uh, it just never happened.
    Sasha: So, do you have any kids?
    Michael Scott: Uh, nope.
    Jake Palmer: Do you have a girlfriend?
    Michael Scott: I do ok.
    Melissa Hudson: Was Chet Montgomery cool back then?
    Jake Palmer: Even I have a girlfriend.
    Michael Scott: Ok. Alright, ok.
    Sasha: So you didn't get to be who you wanted to be.
    Michael Scott: [pause] I guess not...
    ---
    Oscar: Both my parents were born in Mexico, and they moved to the United States a year before I was born, so I grew up in the United States... my parents were Mexican.
    Michael Scott: Wow, that is a great story. That's the American dream right there, right? Um, let me ask you, is there a term besides 'Mexican' that you prefer? Something less offensive?
    ---
    Pam Beesley: There's nothing new.
    Michael Scott: That's not what you said earlier.
    Pam Beesley: Oh, do you want me to repeat the messages that I gave you before?
    ---
    Jan Levinson-Gould: Some times a manager - like yourself - has to deliver the bad news to the employees. I do it all the time.
    Michael Scott: Oh yeah, when have you ever done that?
    Jan Levinson-Gould: I'm doing it right now, to you.
    ---
    Dwight Schrute: Okay, first, let's go over some parameters. How many people can I fire?
    Michael Scott: Uh, none: you're picking a healthcare plan.
    ---
    Jim Halpert: God, this is so sad, this is the smallest amount of power I've ever seen go to someone's head.
    ---
    Michael Scott: I know 'grumble grumble', but you would follow me to the ends of the earth grumblin' all the way. Like that uh dwarf from "Lord of the Rings".
    Dwight Schrute: Gimli.
    Michael Scott: Nerd. That is why you're not on the team.
    Dwight Schrute: Just tryin' to be helpful.
    Michael Scott: Oh ul, I'll ul. Dragon Slayer. Ten point power sword.
    Jim Halpert: That's him.
    ---
    Dwight Schrute: Studies show that more information is passed through watercooler gossip than through official memos, which puts me at a disadvantage because
    [picks up water bottle]
    Dwight Schrute: I bring my own water to work.
    ---
    [Michael attempts to assemble a basketball team and Oscar, of Mexican descent, approaches]
    Oscar: I can play, if you need any help.
    Michael Scott: I will use your talents come baseball season, my friend. Or if we ever decide to box.
    ---
    Dwight Schrute: Question, is there fire wood on the island?
    Jim Halpert: I guess.
    Dwight Schrute: Then I would bring an ax, no books.
    Jim Halpert: It has to be a book Dwight.
    Dwight Schrute: Fine, Physician's Desk Reference...
    Jim Halpert: Nine, smart.
    Dwight Schrute: ...hollowed out, inside-waterproof matches, iodine tablets, beet seeds, protein bars, NASA blanket and, in case I get bored, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. No, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Question, did my shoes come off in the plane crash?
    ---
    Dwight Schrute: [to the tune of "We Didn't Start The Fire"] Joe McCarthy, Richard Nixon, Studebaker, television, North Korea, South Korea, Marilyn Monroe, Ryan started the fire!
    ---
    Ryan's Voicemail: Seven new messages. First new message:
    Michael Scott: Hi, Ryan. This is Saddam Hussein.
    Ryan's Voicemail: Next message:
    Michael Scott: Hey, Ryan, this is your girlfriend and I'm mad.
    ---
    Michael Scott: Happy birthday, Jesus. Sorry your party is so lame!
    ---
    Michael Scott: I see the sales department as a furnace.
    Phyllis: A furnace?
    Jim Halpert: How old is this ship?
    Pam Beesley: How about the anchor?
    Phyllis: What does the furnace do?
    Michael Scott: Let's not get hung up about the furnace, it's just I see the sales department are down there, they are in the engine room, and they are shoveling coal into the furnace, right? I mean, who saw the movie Titanic? They were very important in the movie Titanic. Who saw it? Show of hands.
    Jim Halpert: Not really sure what movie you're talking about. Are you sure you got the title right?
    Michael Scott: Titanic.
    Pam Beesley: I think you're thinking of "The Hunt for Red October."
    ---
    Roy: Well what is your type?
    Jim Halpert: ...Moms, primarily. Yup. Soccer moms. Single Moms. Nascar Moms. Any type of Mom.
    Kevin: Stay away from my mom...
    Jim Halpert: Too late, Kev.
    ---
    Michael Scott: [holds up his injured foot, which is wrapped in plastic] What does this look like to you?
    Stanley: Mailboxes, Etc.
    ---
    Michael Scott: Can I have everyone's attention, please? Phylis; Oscar; Ryan, who's supposed to be dead.
    ---
    Michael Scott: You people are jerks. Imagine if you had left Stevie Wonder on the floor of that bathroom instead of me.
    Phyllis: Oh, we wouldn't, we love Stevie Wonder.
    ---
    Kevin: [during Diversity Day] God, I don't know... Maybe I should have gotten some food or something.
    Kevin: [wearing Italian on his head] Maybe some spaghetti.
    Michael Scott: No, Kevin, stop with Diversity Day for a second!
    ---
    Michael Scott: You know what they say the best medicine is.
    Kevin: Well, the doctor said a combination of Interferon and Dacarbazine.
    Michael Scott: And laughter, also.
    ---
    Michael Scott: Oh, and another fun thing. We, at the end of the night, are going to give the check to an actual group of Boy Scouts. Right, Toby? We're gonna...
    Toby: Actually, I didn't think it was appropriate to invite children since it's, uh, you know, there's gambling and alcohol. And it's in our dangerous warehouse. And it's a school night. And, you know, Hooters is catering. Is that enou-is that enough? Should I keep going?
    Michael Scott: Why are you the way that you are? Honestly, every time I try to do something fun or exciting, you make it not... that way. I hate... so much about the things that you choose to be.
    ---
    Dwight Schrute: [thinking he's steering the "Booze Cruise" boat] I was the youngest pilot in Pan Am history. When I was four, the pilot let me ride in the cockpit and fly the plane with him. And I was four, and I was great and I would have landed it, but my dad wanted us to go back to our seats.
    ---
    Michael Scott: Last week I would've given a kidney to anyone in this office. I would've reached right into my stomach and pulled it out for them. But now, no. I don't have the relationship with these people that I thought I did. I hope they ask, so they can hear me say, "Uh, no, I only give my organs to my real friends. Go get yourself a monkey kidney."
    ---
    Michael Scott: I swore to myself if I ever got to walk around the room as manager, people would laugh as they saw me coming, and they'd applaud as I walked away.
    ---
    Dwight Schrute: When I was in the 6th grade I was a finalist in our school spelling bee. It was me against Raj Patel. I misspelled, in front of the entire school, the word "failure".

and my favourite quotes....

Jim Halpert: Hey, uh, can I talk to you about something?
    Pam Beesley: About when you want to give me more of your money?
    Jim Halpert: No, I...
    Pam Beesley: Did you want to do that now? We can go inside. I'm feeling kind of good tonight.
    Jim Halpert: I was just... I am in love with you.
    Pam Beesley: [No longer smiling] What?
    Jim Halpert: I'm really sorry if that's weird for you to hear, but I needed you to hear it. Probably not good timing. I know that, I just...
    Pam Beesley: [Stunned] What are you doing? What do you expect me to say to that?
    Jim Halpert: I just needed you to know. Once.
    Pam Beesley: Well, I... I can't...
    Jim Halpert: Yeah...
    Pam Beesley: You have no idea...
    Jim Halpert: Don't do that...
    Pam Beesley: ...what your friendship means to me.
    Jim Halpert: C'mon. I don't want to do that. I want to be more than that.
    Pam Beesley: I can't.
    [a small tear runs down Jim's face]
    Pam Beesley: I'm really sorry... if you misinterpreted things. It's probably my fault.
    Jim Halpert: [Trying to recover] Not your fault. I'm sorry I misinterpreted our friendship.

10. Comte

Comte Police Officer

Thanks jorja....Those were great lines...Brought back some memories for me...

11. glam_chic86

No problem :). So what did you guys think of tonight's episode? First off, I'm so HAPPY that Pam broke off her engagement with Roy but I'm worried what he's gonna do to win her back & how it'll affect the outcome of her relationship with Jim. Speaking of which it was obvious how much they miss each other by the way Pam looked at the area where Jim use to work or the way Jim glanced at that chair as to remind him that Pam would sit in that spot. Besides that I laughed so hard. Kevin is awesome & I love the way he laughed in the beginning. The way Stanley talked about the toaster incident was priceless too. I actually felt bad for Oscar but it was hilarious when Dwight tried to kiss him & Michael told him to stop or when he pushed Angela aside & then Dwight went after him :lol:. I also laughed when Jim's new boss discovered his calculator in jello but then Jim stopped smiling once the boss or whoever freaked out & kicked the garbage can. It was pretty funny when that female employee mocked Jim's facial expression towards the camera ahaha. I loved Jim's nickname which is "Big tuna" & he's like, "I don't think they know my name." Anyway, awesome way to start off the season with plently of laughs & a hilarious ending. I can't wait to see what happens next week.

12. Aquarian

Aquarian Hit and Run

That episode was hilarious! I'm glad that Pam didn't marry Roy but you could tell he was heartbroken. And I hate to say it but Roy was looking kind of cute, haha.
    But Jim needs to be back in Scranton. And, yeah, you could tell that they missed each other. Did you see Pam smile when she heard Dwight mention Jim's name when he was opening the package from him? That was the package that had the Gaydar. LOL "Gaydar at Sharper Image!" lol
    And Michael trying to kiss Oscar...hilarious! Also when Dwight was going to try to kiss Oscar! haha
    Just curious how they are going to do the Pam-Jim relationship. Can't wait for next week!

Michael: "Oh look there's Gil, Oscar's roommate. Wonder if he knows?"

13. Palm

Palm Coroner

Last Night's Episode: Most Awkward moments Ever.

14. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

Okay, I've never been in here. Shame on me. This show is one of my favs and I have no idea what's wrong with me! ;)

A real hilarious episode! It's amazing how many laughs they can squeeze into 30 minutes. :lol: Loved the Dwight 'fake cry' at the beginning and 'cry myself to sleep Jim!'

Also, I love that Pam broke it off with Roy. The guy always got on my nerves and--in my own opinion--she belongs with Jim :). The two are just SO right together.

But how about that mug shot of Roy! Wow. Still, it'd be interesting to see him in the future.

It was fun watching Jim at another office. A little sad though, at the same time. He needs to be back in Scranton but I'd still like to see some more scenes with the guy who deemed him 'Big Tuna.' The scene with him and Jim and the Jell-o was my fav scene of this episode. And the look on Jim's face after the guy kicked the trash can...priceless.

I agree that Jim and Pam obviously miss each other. Each looking at empty chairs. Aww. I wonder if she plans to tell him that she broke it off. Unless he knows, which I doubt, but I definately think Pam 'got cold feet' on account of the kiss.

15. Aquarian

Aquarian Hit and Run

I was wondering too if Jim knows that Pam called off the wedding.

And Jim looked so adorable after that guy kicked the trash can. He looked like a puppy who knew he did something wrong, haha.