The Off-Topic Thread.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by GreenCourage, Jun 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Cutting up raw meat is disgusting. Especially when it's bleeding. I hate that part of cooking...

2. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

My cup has a happy face on it. It makes me happy. :D

Erm...Well I think I just took the full advantage of this thread. :p (Seeing as I was so off-topic and everything) Today in class my cell phone was vibrating in my pants and eveyone looked at me very oddly. :lol:

3. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Nyah, we just had 60kg (elk)meat to be cut on our kitchen table ;)

4. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

I don't like the taste of Elk...and I don't know why...

Hmmm, yesterday I was baking cookies (with my roommates food that I stole :p) and I burnt them and sent the smoke detector off! Then I screamed "IT WORKS!" (the smoke detector) Then my roommates yelled at me and told me I was an idiot for burning cookies that badly :lol: But...I saved the cookies! I cut the bottoms off of them so I could still eat them :p

5. Depth-Of-Love

Depth-Of-Love Lab Technician

I baked cookies yesterday! Chocolate chip...yummm!

errr my foot hurts i just stepped on an earing and it was seriously stuck in my foot! I cryed so hard.

Ahhh classes were so boring today...my instructer was all like ome im so boring blablabla we dont do anything interesting ever...blablabla!!! God i hate school sometimes!

6. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I hate school too... except when I'm not there. I miss it so much right now. Who's brilliant idea was it for me to take a year off? Oh, right that was mine. *sigh* oh well. At least I'll have lots of money saved up *cough* when I go back and won't have to starve.

7. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

:eek: It's so much better than pork!
    Doesn't even have fat so much...

8. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

Haha, I think it tastes weird. :p...I don't like pork either. The only thing I like is beef and chicken...and shrimp, and whatever else is in my sushi that I don't know about :p

9. crazy_steph

crazy_steph Police Officer

The only fish I eat is tuna :p.

In fact I'm the strangest eater in the whole world because get this, I hate bread, I don't like the taste of it and even stranger my sister hates it as well :lol:

10. Roosey

Roosey Captain

I never eat fish, nor meat. :) Sometimes, when I'm in a foreign country, I'm forced to eat fish though. They never have veggie-burgers.

11. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Ew. I hate fish. I can't stand it... or the smell. :(

12. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

Fish tastes like...fish :lol: but no, it has that sea food icky taste to it :p

Hmm, I want a veggie burger! One time my little sister tried to convince my vegetarian cousin that an actual burger was a veggie burger! Haha, but it didn't work :(. She was too smart...but I'm sure if she had tried to convince me I would've been stupid and believed her! :lol:

13. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

All that talk about food makes me even more hungry than I am.
    BTW, I do eat fish. I eat a lot when I'm hungry. Fish is not my favorite but it's ok at times. That is, as long as it's not raw. I'd never eat sushi *shudders*

And what is the sense of a veggie burger if I might ask? Burger means burger means meat. Don't like meat? Go have salad :p. Seriously, how anyone can eat that tofu crap or whatever it is they put into veggie burgers and such is beyond me. I've tried that once. Never again!
    And don't tell me the stuff they put in there is any less disgusting than meat. It's the same, just didn't have legs in a previous life :p

14. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Hmmm, think I might have some sushi for lunch.... You're right Mia , talking about food is making me hungry! Raw fish is great, as long as it is very fresh, I love raw oysters too, you should try them they really aren't as bad as you might imagine! :)

Veggie burgers can be nice, if they are made from vegetables. If they are made from that meat substitute then they can be a little strange tasting. :p

My step mother is vegetarian (as such, my Dad kind of is too), a couple of years ago me, my sister and our husbands went over for dinner on Christmas eve. She served this pretend meat thing, meant to taste like lamb, and said 'doesn't it really taste like lamb, you can't tell the difference.' You can tell she hasn't eaten meat in at least 40 years! Couldn't look at my sister for the rest of the meal because we were trying not to burst out laughing. :lol:

Anyway, I eat pretty much anything, and there are some nice vegetarian restaurants where I live, and luckily they never serve 'pretend meat'.

15. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

:lol:

My sister is a vegetarian - so she says, but she eats chicken. :confused: Apparently, some vegetarians do eat chicken and fish, can't say I understand it myself. :lol: I think she originally became a vegetarian because she doesn’t like the taste of red meat.

Speaking of lunch, I'm really tempted to get a McDonalds. :eek: I don't have McDonalds often, maybe once every 6 months, but I have a urge for it today. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.