The Nick Stokes Timeline: Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Stearn nick* "Sure blame the really cute guy for the problem and hey thats the other threads this is this one. Yes i am finding humor with this making this mod type this :D oh and the first quote in her signature she thinks is true shhhh we must becareful." :lol:

*Back on topic cause Stern Nick made the mod go off topic* :D

Next episode is "What's Eating Gilbert Grissom?"

Nicky, or should I say Snicky, rocked in this episode.

When he and Grissom are searching the area with all the maggots we find out that he still isn't afraid to ask questions, as he asks Grissom why it’s hot. He also notices that all the bone pieces are the same size and shape, prompting Grissom to point out that they are the same size as the wood chips, which leads them to the wood chipper.

Later, when they are looking at the drawing, Nick figures out that the girl was in a vehicle and recognizes the signage for the Erotica Boutique, because..uh..the font is distinctive, *snerk.*

Nick is also the one who comes up with the theory that the two guys weren’t a killer and a copycat, but that they were partners, something that seems to take Grissom aback.

Yeah, that's right. Nick was the one who came to the conclusion that they were partners. I recall feeling a bit proud at that moment. :)

Yeah, that was an interesting little moment when he recognized the "distinctive font". Lace over leather indeed, Nick! ;)

"What's Eating Gilbert Grissom" is up next.
Love the name btw.

This is the one where the 'blue paint killer' strikes again, even though they thought the executed John Mathers - from "The Execution of Catherine Willows" - was the real 'blue paint killer'.

I liked this episode, because I like how they went back to a case from 2 yrs ago and added new life to it. I also like how it's a whole team thing - yes I am aware it's before the split in Mea Culpa but still ;)

There's actually quit a bit of Nick in this ep, I think more than Warrick and Sara but I could be wrong.

A key example of Nick-character advancement is when he and Gris are talking over the connection btwn Mathers and the real killer - Nick is the first to voice the idea that they were partners, which turned out to be true.

A few things I remember right away w/ this episode is that Nick recognized the signage from an erotica boutique - "it's very distinct" - sure it is Nicky ;) and the quote "Maybe Mathers was this guy's surrogate penis."

ETA: Damn it I was too slow for you Ford.

Yeah, that's right. Nick was the one who came to the conclusion that they were partners. I recall feeling a bit proud at that moment. :)

Me too. Our little Nicky's all grown up, *sniff.*

Yeah, that was an interesting little moment when he recognized the "distinctive font". Lace over leather indeed, Nick! ;)

You could tell he really didn't want to say it and he hesitated a bit, because he knew it would be embarrassing, but he had to because it was important to the case. As Sobell over at TWoP put it, he took one for the team, lol. :)

Hate to digress but, GREAT BANNER! :lol:

Hehe, thx :D

And I think you missed out posts above...

No I didn't miss them, LOL. I was too busy making sure my post was perfect before I posted it then you guys just snuck right in front of me :p

I could've just quoted Ford and said 'ditto' cause you said all I did hun ;)

I only got in ahead of you because I was already set to post before Baba did. :)

I guess we all just had a Nicky epiphany - we all just felt it was time to start talking about Nicky again :)

"What's Eating Gilbert Grissom"
it's always the episode I use (with 4X4) when I talk about Nick' s evolution with my sister.. because, without him, I don't think they would be able to find the murderer so fast..

- I was a little angry against Grissom when he ask "why Nick didn't found the painted fence" ..
- but when Nick told his theory to Grissom I was soo happy.. Grissom's look was all "How comes I didn't think of that theory.. but Nick did.. How comes... how comes"
- when they are looking at the drawing,Nick recognizes the signage for the Erotica Boutique (...) but he is also the one who think and find that the girl was in a vehicle... the other (Warrick-Cath-Grissom) were really lost...

- we can also watch Nick learn some thing to Greg in this one.. :D

Go Nicky!!

- I was a little angry against Grissom when he ask "why Nick didn't found the painted fence" ...

Painted railing actaully ;) But I know what you mean, I didn't like that part either, I didn't like Gris' tone it seemed like he thought Nick missed something - but then Cath came back w/ "well it wasn't on the map, security gave him" - thx Catherine :) Someone needs to stick up for him - and yes I know everyone here would gladly do it ;)

Shfiting gears for a minute, this scene reminded me of one from Burden of Proof which I watched last night - Gris wants Sara to clean up raw hamburger meat and she comments that she's a vegetarian and Gris' is like, "Oh, have Nick do it." Now, I respect that Sara has moral issues cleaning it up but what is that, why should Nick have to do it, Gris should do it himself. Nick's not even anywhere near the room or - to my knowledge - has any idea of the experiment and they expect him to clean it, just cause Sara doesn't want to and Gris is too lazy :rolleyes:
Sorry - not bashing Sara or Gris - that scene just really bothered me.

thanks for the correction allstar12 ... (it makes me learn everyday ;))
And yes I totally agree with what you say...

- I was a little angry against Grissom when he ask "why Nick didn't found the painted fence" ...

Painted railing actaully ;) But I know what you mean, I didn't like that part either, I didn't like Gris' tone it seemed like he thought Nick missed something - but then Cath came back w/ "well it wasn't on the map, security gave him" - thx Catherine :) Someone needs to stick up for him - and yes I know everyone here would gladly do it ;)

Shfiting gears for a minute, this scene reminded me of one from Burden of Proof which I watched last night - Gris wants Sara to clean up raw hamburger meat and she comments that she's a vegetarian and Gris' is like, "Oh, have Nick do it." Now, I respect that Sara has moral issues cleaning it up but what is that, why should Nick have to do it, Gris should do it himself. Nick's not even anywhere near the room or - to my knowledge - has any idea of the experiment and they expect him to clean it, just cause Sara doesn't want to and Gris is too lazy :rolleyes:
Sorry - not bashing Sara or Gris - that scene just really bothered me.

A lot bothered me, too, in that scene. Putting aside the fact that Sara seemed to have no trouble watching a pig deteriorate when she needed Grissom to experiment in another case, but suddenly, she can't do her job? What does that mean, then, that she is selectively objecting to dead meat? A pig is OK, but a cow is painful? Unless it was yet another passive agressive plea for Grissom's attention. Whatever.
Having Nick as a go-to boy for cleaning up, picking up, plugging holes, and doing whatever jobs no one else wants to do was a regular thing in the early seasons. Partially, because he didn't mind. He was and is such an easy-going person. I can't imagine him quitting over the fact that Grissom didn't pay enough attention to his diatery choices. LOL.

Yeah, I think everyone seemed to take Nick for granted in the early years...

Incidentally, Sara commented later that it was watching that pig deteriorate that made her a vegetarian in the first place, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back