The Nick Stokes Timeline: Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

LOL, I love that movie :D
Anywho, Down the Drain - all I remember about this episode -Nickwise - is that he was investigating the missing boy and talked to the kid's grandma to try and get something w/ his DNA on it. But he is the people person I 'spose, so maybe that's why he was the one to interact w/ her.
IMO, this was intended to advance YoBling (Warrick/Cath)relationship and Sara's past.
I actually like this ep, even though there's not much Nick. It was a pretty creepy ep, like a family makes bombs, has guns everywhere and the whole family thinks it's normal. That kid just freaked me out too.

Yeah, it seems like whenever they have someone who needs to be the "sensitive" type to talk to a bereaved relative, Nick's the go-to guy. I think that refelects well on him. :)

Since this thread was nearly at the bottom of page 2, I'll take it that everyone's ready to move on to "Harvest."

Nick fails his firearms qualification and Grissom makes him go back to the lab. One thing I never understood about that was that the CSIs don't seem to be required to carry a gun. Greg doesn't have one, and Grissom rarely ever carries his. I understand that he had to pass the test in order to be permitted to carry a weapon, but couldn't he have still worked in the field as long as he didn't have it on him. I guess it was probably just a creative way to explain why he wasn't in a lot of the episode. The "he went to a conference" excuse was getting kind of old. Anyway, he retakes the test later, oh how I wish we could have seen that, and he does very well.

I think that's about it, unless I'm forgetting something.

I don't think you are, there wasn't a great deal of Nick in this eppy. There really isn't a great deal of Nick in most of the first half of Season 5. Payback for the whole "oversleeping/firing" extravaganza.

IMHO, the only Season 5 eppys that really stand out for their Nick-ness are 4x4 and Grave Danger.

I don't think you are, there wasn't a great deal of Nick in this eppy. There really isn't a great deal of Nick in most of the first half of Season 5. Payback for the whole "oversleeping/firing" extravaganza.

It could also have been that GE was still doing publiity stuff for his film and was not availiable full time. I wouldn't put it past Moonves to be that petty, but I am not sure about the CSI writers, who would have been the ones to make the choices about the stories and who gets them.

Another part of it could have been they spending time one other characters. Given that GE is part of an esamble there are going to be times when his character takes a back seat.

IMHO, the only Season 5 eppys that really stand out for their Nick-ness are 4x4 and Grave Danger.

Jumping ahead, I can think of a few more...Snakes and Compulsion both had Nick stories...

Jumping ahead, I can think of a few more...Snakes and Compulsion both had Nick stories...

Yes, you're right!! How could I have forgotten those? *whaps forehead*

Major brain cramp on my part.

ETA
But that one line as he's leaving the locker room "Oh well, I guess it's an honour to be nominated right?" (or something like that) - now, to me, that it REALLY insensitive. Its like he's rubbing it in - that HE got nominated and not HER. He probably didn't intentionally say it but he was being a bit stupid there wasn't he?

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I am going to backtrack.

Nick had just found out that his promotion was cut, he was just making an offhand comment because he really believed he wasn't going to get it because of Sara's weird relationship with Grissom. Sara did not deserve that promotion and her bad behaviour the last few weeks proved that Grissom was right about giving it to Nick. She was nasty to Nick and drank heavily and the only reason she still has a job is because of Grissom.

Nick was just being frank with her, she might be a good friend, but they are still co-workers and are still competing for jobs. I'm sure Nick would have been happy for Sara and not resorted to spending weeks on end being a total suck about not getting the promotion.

Anyways back on subject.
I thought Crow's Feet had some good Nicky in it. I like the way the banter between Catherine and he over appearances and stuff.

And he a great line in it about 'prayer is about hope' or vice versa.

Not to go on the firing soapbox again, but I think/hope that the TPTB learned their lesson about messing with GE.

I think they underestimated the impact of Nick on the fans and figured everyone was into Grissom/Catherine and Warrick anyways, who was going to miss Nick? Answer-US!!!!!

And he a great line in it about 'prayer is about hope' or vice versa.

I liked this too. "Medicine is about healing. Hope is about prayer and that should be free."....or something like that.

I think that line, "Medicine is about healing, Hope is about Prayer and that should be free" is the best line in all 5 seasons. I think it shows why Nick can make it through so many bad things and come out the other side with hope and ready to meet a new day. Maybe this is how Nick meets each day, with Hope and Prayer.

It certainly does show that between faith and family, Nick is a very grounded individual. Probably the most grounded of all the CSI's. He's got an inner strength that has helped him cope with all the crap he's had to deal with.

Absolutely my favourite line in the episode, shows Nick in a very positive light-no I'm not getting religous.

And he handles Catherine's sudden insecurities very well. Does't tread the line and lets her have his say. Good boy Nicky.

ITA w/ the comments made about the "Medicine..." line and may I say that the little face he makes after he said it is adorable :)

Anyway, something that always bugged me about this ep: everytime Nick asked Catherine (general) questions about the victims or what they were doing to themselves, Cath would come back with "why are you asking me..." I understand the mood of the show was Cath/women in general and they're problems w/ aging etc but it bothers me b/c they're working the case together and if it had been anyone other then Cath, Nick probably would've asked the same questions.
And the "why are you asking me" comments - you're his partners on the case, who else should he ask :rolleyes:

ITA w/ the comments made about the "Medicine..." line and may I say that the little face he makes after he said it is adorable :)

Anyway, something that always bugged me about this ep: everytime Nick asked Catherine (general) questions about the victims or what they were doing to themselves, Cath would come back with "why are you asking me..." I understand the mood of the show was Cath/women in general and they're problems w/ aging etc but it bothers me b/c they're working the case together and if it had been anyone other then Cath, Nick probably would've asked the same questions.
And the "why are you asking me" comments - you're his partners on the case, who else should he ask :rolleyes:

I agree...You could tell that Catherine was feeling insecure about the whole youth and beauty thing and she was extremely touchy.

Nick: Do you think this stuff actually works?
Catherine: Why are you asking me?
Nick: I'm just asking a question Catherine.

Heck, I tend to think that Nick would have asked that question of anyone he was with; Grissom, Warrick, Sara, etc. It just happened to be Catherine. He wasn't insuating that she needed that stuff and should be able to give him a first hand account of its ability to smooth out fine lines and wrinkles. :rolleyes: It was simply curiosity on his part.

The poor guy spent the rest of the eppy assuring Catherine that she didn't need any of it. I'm betting that growing up in a house full of sisters helped him out in this situation. :D

On a side note: I found the synopsis of this episode over at Television Without Pity to be extremely funny. Heck, most of the summaries they do are hysterical. :D

I agree about Catherine being overly sensitive in this ep and taking it out on poor Nicky. She was majorly getting on my nerves. He handled it really well though, as per usual.

On a side note: I found the synopsis of this episode over at Television Without Pity to be extremely funny. Heck, most of the summaries they do are hysterical. :D
I'm not sure if I ever read that one. Since I saw season five completely out of order I think I missed some of them.

*runs over to TWoP to read the recap* :D

I agree about Catherine being overly sensitive in this ep and taking it out on poor Nicky. She was majorly getting on my nerves. He handled it really well though, as per usual.

I didn't mind Cahterine that much. It is not that often that we get to see cracks on Chaterine's armor. I liked seeing her just a little vunerable...

I do agree that she was very touchy, and took many of Nick's comments and questions the wrong way. I also think that Nick was a tad insenitive - but I don't think it was malicous. It was more that he is still young, and does not have deal with a youth obbessed culture...

One thought I had about Nick and the Doctor... I got the feeling from the way Nick talked to him and about him, he thought the doctor was one step above (or maybe below) the old snake oil salesman. Even beofre they learned of the mistake the doctor had made that resulted in the deaths, Nick did not have any respect for the doctor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back