The Nick Stokes Timeline: Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickatNite

NickatNite Hit and Run

Just trying to keep up with my favorite discussion here. I've been falling behind because that picture thread is so distracting. <g>

Mods - if I could make a small plea - I don't want to get the discussion off track, but I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to post a link in this thread directly to the "Sophia/Nick" thread in the shipper forum? Since I don't have enough posts to PM someone for it, and I STILL have the log-in issues that won't allow me to access the pages normally, I can't think of any other way to get the thread into my favorites so I can actually post there. So far I've been able to follow these threads when we hit the 1000 post mark and have to start anew, so I'm hoping the same will happen if someone posts a link to that thread for me.

2. NickatNite

NickatNite Hit and Run

For whatever reason, the "add to favorites" button didn't stick.

3. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

Can someone post the link to TWoP ? I wanna see what all the hype is about :D

ETA: NickatNite - here's the link: Nick/Sophia Thread

4. NickatNite

NickatNite Hit and Run

5. allstar12

No, problem and thx for the links in return :)

I was kicking myself trying to figure out what TWoP meant :rolleyes:

6. ford_prefect

ford_prefect CSI Level Two

Next episode is "Swap Meet." I don't know what to say about this one, I'll have to check the transcript. I do remember liking all the stuff with Marty, the crime scene clean up guy.

7. lemon_grass

lemon_grass CSI Level Two

Oh gosh, I feel bad neglecting this thread.

So, "Swap Meet"...this episode is one of my favourites from Season 5, because it's so much fun. I really enjoy seeing Nick and Warrick acting so casual: yawning, eating lunch on the curb, licking their fingers, bantering with Marty, etc. (Marty needs to come back; that guy is hilarious.)

As for character development, let's see...I think Nick has(/had?) a great interrogation style, very effective and professional. Like we see in this episode, he can make himself threatening but not outright hostile like some of the other CSIs are prone to be. He knows just which buttons to push to put the suspect on edge, but never gets ahead of the evidence. While Cavaliere plays the bad cop routine and is all, "Why did you kill your girlfriend?" Nick doesn't jump to that accusation but instead talks about "the body someone crammed" into the machine. He may also suspect the guy for the girlfriend's murder, but chooses to focus on the part they have stronger evidence for, which is the death of the landlord. On the whole, he's professional and very much in control - and might I add smoking hot! :D

From what I recall off the top of my head, this is about the most actively threatening we've seen Nick behave in interrogations, which should make for an interesting comparison when we get to "Gum Drops".

8. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

Pretty much agree with everything Lemon_Grass said.

I think Marty is hysterical and he definitely needs to pop up again.

I always enjoy watching Nick and 'Rick work scenes together. The two of them are such good friends and still such typical guys. They have each others' backs but they're still competive and still tease each other.

And they ain't half bad to look at, either! ;) :devil:

On a side note: I do love the scene from the A story when Grissom opens the dishwasher and finds all the adult toys. Priceless!! :devil: :lol:

9. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

*Stern Nick to the left stares at everyone in this thread and says* "You were neglecting me... Tsk, okay you are forgiven as long as it doesn't happen again."

*Moves back on topic* :D

10. allstar12

:lol: But Stern Nick if you look @ the number of hits in your other threads you'd certainly realize we haven't been neglecting you ;)

So, "Swap Meet", I think this is one of the few episodes where I like both plots and they're both funny...[Gris]: "cleanliness is next to Godliness" Finding the goodies in the dishwasher was pricless.

But this is the Nick timeline so...ITA w/ lemon_grass about Nick's interogation techniques - he's not the mean-in-your-face 'bad-cop' but he is stern and intelligent when it comes to getting suspects to admit to the truth.
    And I love when he throws the science around, like when he's talking to the boyfriend about his watch, love that :)

And of course the interaction w/ Marty the Crime Scene Cleanup Guy - I love how Nick says that too :p
    The partnering of Nick and Warrick is always fun, i.e. High and Low, they're like brothers who joke around w/ each other and give each other a hard time. I missed that in the prev. seasons, we didn't get too much of that, until the shifts were split in two of course ;)

11. AlyssaluvsDanny

AlyssaluvsDanny Coroner

I, too agree with Lemon-Grass. I loved MArty btw. He was great. I liked the chemistry him, Warrick, and Nick had. The playfulnedd around them.

I've always loved Nick and Warrick working together. You can see how close they are. The casualness of Nick and Warrick.

And I loved how you saw the playfulness of them, but they still treated this as a crime. And Nick interogation. He's not mean, but he is like one of those people that you wouldn't want to lie to. He has that look, like he can tell when you are lying.

12. Kristen9999

Kristen9999 CSI Level One

This is one of my favorite ones from season 5. I think we've all mentioned the great bonding moments between Nick and Warrick. This showcases how tired the CSIs can get, both been frayed after a long shift, unable to think straight.

They missed the smell of the other body because of plain exhustion. This episode to me is sort of a water mark, its typical of the friendship of these men in things like "Anonymous" and "High and Dry" which rally put the spotlight on Warrick heavily during the events of "Grave Danger" we're all hit hard, but its eppys like "Swamp Meet" that make me thing of their great brotherly love and teasing.

Also, this is an important benchmark and I think how Nick changes later in the season to a more hardened, and tougher "looking" CSI in demeanor and appearance and going back to this eppy we can see the changes in him in only a few months. So without this being full of neat transformations within Nick's character is stands out as a point on a map, to show how's he changed later on.

If that makes any sense.

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

We all love you Nick, but if you weren't so darn HOT we'd be able to think more clearly and put more coherent posts up. But those brown eyes of yours just muddle our cognitive thinking skills.

Okay that's enough lovin' for Nick, back on track.

I love watching the bantering between Nick and Warrick and yeah Marty needs to come back. He brought such a comedic prescence to the show.

14. ford_prefect

ford_prefect CSI Level Two

ITA with everything that’s been said. I loved all the Warrick/Nick/Marty interaction. I’d definitely like to see Marty again.

I only want to mention one other thing that I thought was interesting. When Marty told Nick and Warrick that the bereaved often find a southern accent comforting, I’m not sure, but I almost got the impression that Nick was thinking ‘I don’t do that. Do I?’ But he so totally does, lol. Remember in “Burden of Proof,” I think was the episode, when he was talking to the grandmother about her medication. He was definitely laying it on a little thick. I can’t think of any other specific examples, and I may be totally off, but either way I thought it was funny that Marty said that to Nick.

15. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I agree with everything stated above. I love when Nick and Warrick work together- they're my favourite team on the show.

I also really loved how Nick looked disbelievingly at Marty after he threw out that southern accent for his client, and added, "The bereaved often find a southern accent very comforting". :lol: So hilarious! I do find Nick's accent comforting, not surprisingly... ;)

Although, he was downright frosty when he asks the dead woman's boyfriend about cleaning up blood after a murder: "Are you sure you got it all, Charlie? Hmm?" That was a sweet delivery, and sealed the idea for me that Nick's totally comfortable in his work now, and has every confidence in what the evidence tells him... or what it might tell him, like in this instance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.