THE NEW GUY. A CSI:LV RP... very open.

Re: THE NEW GUY. A CSI:LV RP... very open

Sara smiled back and took a sip of her coffee. She looked down into the warm liquid and for a moment got lost in her thoughts. She was torn - Nick was her best friend and he'd just told her he loved her, and she had that new guy, Dan, fighting for her attentions too. She suddenly knew what it was like to be in Cath;s shoes, and she didn't like it. Not one bit.
"Grissom, what am I gonna do?"
She asked quietly. She didn't really expect a helpful answer, considering he probably didn't know what in the hell she was talking about.

{Cordi...isn't here...Sara is mine to play again.}

Sara's dark eyes fell back upon her coffee as she thought of some way to explain it to him. Smart as Grissom was, when it came to matters of the heart, he really was quite dence. She chewed on the side of her mouth for a moment, continuing to think. "Nick and Dan..." Sara trailed off, looking back up at him with a show of desperation in her eyes. Maybe this time, he'd catch on...Unlikely, but highly possible.

He nodded. He knew how Nick felt about Sara. Dan had been hinting, too. He knew she had to be confused. He patted her shoulder.

If it wasn't Grissom, that patting really wouldn't have made much difference to her. Though, just having him next to her, trying to offer comfort, was pretty cool. Even if the comforting was horrible, it still had to count for something. "I'm confused." She admitted out-of-characterly, pulling her eyes away from him and placing them elsewhere in the room.

He nodded, patting her shoulder again. "It shows." He sipped his coffee again. "Now you know how Cath feels."

Sara let out a small huff as a form of responce. Yes, she certainly knew how Catherine felt now, and it wasn't a happy emotion. Grissom...He...He wasn't being helpful, persay, but at least he was taking the time to sit with her when he could be doing other things. "Yeah, I do." She nodded her head, sending dark brown hair swaying back and forth. Sara took a breath before throwing her head backwards and looking at the ceiling.

He sighed. That hadn't come out right at all. "Sara, I'm sorry. I didn't think before I opened my mouth. I can only imagine how confused you must be." He squeezed her shoulder, hoping he hadn't discouraged her from talking. "So, what's your heart say?"

"That I should just give up on men altogether."
She sighed, shaking her head. Looking up at him, she fought back the urge to smile.
"That maybe I should just go for women."
She hooted with laughter at the look of complete shock on his face. Doubling over, her stomach hurt from laughing so hard. Finally catching her breath, she looked at him.
"I was joking, grissom! God, you should've seen the look on your face - priceless!"
She was laughing again. Well, he had helped her alot, he just didn't realize it. He'd taken her mind off the daunting prospect of relationships and, indirectly, had made her laugh.

Nick was both physicly exausted, and emotionly, he headed to the breakroom for some coffee. But when he saw Sara and Gill, he stood there, 'should i go back to the locker room, or move on with my day and get some coffee?' 'COFFEE!'

Back