The Locker Room #12 - Real Men Cry

Status
Not open for further replies.
i read the both of the CSI:NY book and danny is mentioned quite alot in 'blood in the sun'. it's got a bit about his baseball and a little about his family. worth the read...especially for the shower 'scene'. wow it was that good.

Can we make Mr. Kaminsky an honourary member of this thread? I'm reading the first book, Dead of Winter, and I think I love him. Second page, mentioning Danny, a shower and his bed? I luuurve him. :lol: ;)

When did this thread turn into a book club anyway? :D

We so need a shower scene for Danny. Hear me, TPTB? Stella had a shower scene, Mac took off his shirt - Danny's next in line. :devil: And if you don't have any ideas for a storyline that involves a shower, we sure can come up with one! ;) :devil: Just remember: Hell hath no fury like a LR groupie scorned.

Fan123 said:
I have always felt the perfect man is a cross between a weeping willow and a might oak... I think Danny fits that bill.

Great description! I love that about Danny...how he is tough but very emotional at the same time. I think it makes him the most interesting character on the show, at least in my book.

Mr. Kaminsky is definitely an honorary member of The Locker Room! :D

Bunny said:
Can we make Mr. Kaminsky an honourary member of this thread?

toast to Mr. Kaminsky!!! i'm gonna go out and buy this book tomorrow!

And if you don't have any ideas for a storyline that involves a shower, we sure can come up with one! ;) :devil: Just remember: Hell hath no fury like a LR groupie scorned.

:lol: :D yeah i'm sure we can come up with something! (but the show will have to air later at night ;) ) :devil: :D
if they don't give us a shower scene next season i think i'm gonna go craaaazy...literally. if they do, i know i'm gonna go crazy...in a good way :) ! :lol:

Man, Danny is gonna be an emotional wreck next season considering what happened to Louie, Aiden and Flack this past season. Hopefully we'll see some angst next season along with a shower scene that we all deserve to see :devil:.

im all for the shower scene :devil: but you know what? i think Danny deserves and SHOULD be naked on every episode, somebody need to say that to the writers, they can't imagine how many viewers they will bring with that :devil: :lol:

as for mr Kaminsky, someone should send him an invitation for that thread lol

We need more Danny angst than we got this season. Save for RSRD, Heroes, and a flare up here and there, Danny was way too calm for Danny. :lol:

Bring back our drama queen!

Top, that should sooo be a new thread title or a petition! :lol:
BRING BACK OUR DRAMA QUEEN! :)

but yeah, in this season danny didn't act normal. it was like his character was diluted... i dono how to explain it but he didn't REACT! he was... unemotional, which is very out of character. :(

Jaer mentioned in the grading thread that she thinks Danny's on Prozak. :lol: I could totally see Mac slipping it into his coffee. :lol:

But seriously...Danny went to the department shrink last season. Is it possible he was put on anti-depressants or anti-anxiety medicine or soemthing like that?

yea but i don't think the anti depressants would alter his character. i know it'd calm him down (prozak lmao) but i don't think it would cause this big a change. the writers just stopped giving him reactions to cases. the way he was this season was frustrating. i was always waiting for him to blow up...and the closest we got was when danny got mad at the camera man in the weather-girl case...

I don't understand why he has to have an outrageous reaction to everything that happens. I know I have different reactions to different things that happen. Sometimes, I lose it. Sometimes, I don't. Everything that happens that day depends on my mood. He's the most human character ever and I love that. I like not knowing what's going to set him off and what isn't. In Heroes, when he was talking to that girl, that was so great. He was intense, but he didn't 100% lose it. I love that.

i don't think everything should set him off...i just think there was a general lack of emotion on his part in season 2. he can't have changed so dramatically over one season... if his reaction depends on his mood then he's kept the same damn mood for the whole season. not knowing exactly what will make him react dramatically is all fine with me, but judging from the character inroduced in season 1 we are given a man who reacts to almost everything. season 1 made him a drama queen and in season 2 he became so emotionally withdrawn...

Speaking of Danny reacting to everything, how do you think he'd react to being put on Prozac? I don't think he would take it. I'm not so much thinking that's the issue....

Hmmm, Danny on Prozac. I don't think it would change his overall character (I think that someone else eluded to this already) Prozac is used for different reasons and the reaction on people is different for everyone. It might make him a 'happier, and more well-adjusted person', but it might not. As far as Danny taking them if he was prescribed them, such as after he did his mandatory psych eval, given his character that we know of as of now, I would say that he wouldn't take them. He might not think that he needed them.

i just think there was a general lack of emotion on his part in season 2. he can't have changed so dramatically over one season...
I'm going to have to disagree there. People grow and people change. Maybe after that Minhaus shooting, he stepped back and took a good, long hard look at himself and decided it was time to reign himself in a little bit. If you notice, that's about when he began to not let things effect him so personally. Think about it, someone in his line of work sees all sorts of messed up stuff EVERYDAY. Reacting to things and taking every case to heart like that day after day must be exhausting. Where do you draw the line so that you don't become so emotionally spent, where you just break? He's had quite a few dramatic moments this year. Trapped, Bad Beat, Heroes, RSRD--just to name a few of the times he's lost his cool a little. It's showing that he's growing as a character and maturing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back