The Life & Times of Sara Sidle

Quoth_the_raven, geesh. First of all, this is absolutely amazing (uh... I'm still on the first page :)). If I owned a publishing company, I'd sign you on in a second.
Yup. :) When I first read your story last year I thought you'd be at leat 16 or above 20. Then I read your post in the "Everyone's Age" thread and I went: *thud* You're soo young but soo articulate! You should write novels. It can bring you plenty of Cash Blings! :eek:

About the ninkampoop who dissed your work, ignore him. :p This is fiction and anything can happen in fiction. In this world Sara can even run away with me and we'll play barbie all day! :D

Post your next chappie soon! ;)

Thankies! :D Your comments are very encouraging! :D

Wait. You aren't over 16? I gotta hunt down that thread.

I am finally caught up, and you can definitely write. You've definitely captured the emotional roller coaster of a sexual assault. I better not have sad Sara Sidle dreams tonight. And Josh better not do anything to land himself in jail. And that bracelet better end up in a real CSI episode someday.

Wait. You aren't over 16? I gotta hunt down that thread.

I am finally caught up, and you can definitely write. You've definitely captured the emotional roller coaster of a sexual assault. I better not have sad Sara Sidle dreams tonight. And Josh better not do anything to land himself in jail. And that bracelet better end up in a real CSI episode someday.

Thank you, I'm glad to know you are reading and enjoying the story :D And...well...uh...I'm not over 16...um...more like...minus 4? :D

Yeah, I just saw that you are 12. Nope, wouldn't have guessed it in a million years. It's too bad that the magazine that I worked for is no longer in business (I did it from like 9th grade up through college). You would have been a perfect editor for it! Do you plan on going into writing someday? I get the first autographed copy of your book and/or script, if you do :). I can't believe how impressed I am. Okay, I'm done gushing. Now I can sleep!

Yeah, forget "one day." Now works :) (like that 19 year old who wrote a book similar to HP).

But, I have a question. Why the heck are you talking to me? You should be writing. Must read next chapter. Please, por favor.

WoW! YOur only 12?!?! I thought for sure that you'd be much older guessing by your writing! You should definatly consider a writing career- like writing scripts for CSI! :D

WE ARE IMPACIENTLY WAITING FOR MORE PLEASE! :D.. and i guess we wont kill you.. that.. much! :)

lol Here's a new chapter! Matthew reappears! Oh, and...I'm hoping this chapter doesn't suck, if it does, tell me and you can slap me silly ;)

August 1, 1986- 1:23 pm- Residence of George and Frankie Deckard

Sara sat in the middle of the brown couch of Josh's house. Sitting with her hands folded over one another, she stared at the ground in front of, something seemingly mesmerizing about it. She squinted a bit as sunlight poured into the room through the thin white blinds on the walls. She sighed a lowered her head, leg bouncing back and forth a bit.

Josh was sitting down beside her sipping a cold soda. He peered up at her every now and then, but as soon as it appeared that she had noticed his gaze apon her he turned away. He fumbled with the sleeve of his shirt a while as she continued to drink his soda, trying desperately to find something to say.

"Josh..." Sara stared, turning to look at him. "I was...I was thinking about what you were telling me in the hospital..."

Josh put his half-empty soda can down and straightened himself into a position that was facing her. He folded his hands in front of him. "What was that?"

"You said...that...you said that you were going to kill M..." she grimaced as the name almost came out of her mouth. "Ma--Mat...Ma-...."

"Matthew."

Sara flinched as he said the name. "...Yes...I...don't want you to...let the authorities do it."

Josh had picked up his soda can and taken another drink but it sprayed out of his mouth in a thin mist as he heard her say that. He coughed a bit, choking on the amount of liquid that actually made it down his throat. He wiped his mouth with his sleeve. "Sara..."

"Please, Josh...I...don't want you to get hurt."

"Sara, I can't just let it go..."

"But you have to. Please," she said putting a hand on his shoulder. "For me."

Josh looked down at her arm. He winced as he saw the faded bruises covering her wrists. He sighed and lowered his head, shaking his head slowly. "I'm sorry, Sara...I can't do that."

Sara frowned a bit. "Why, Josh?"

"Why?" Josh said looking up at her. "Why?" he repeated as he stood up. "He raped you, that's why! You're telling me you want that son-of-bitch to go free?"

"No!" Sara said standing up. "It's just...I...I've already lost someone close to me...and...I...don't want to lose another one."

Josh's face softened as he noticed her eyes glistening with tears. He walked over to her and pulled her into a hug. "I'm sorry, Sara, I shouldn't have snapped at you."

She nodded a bit as a tear ran down her face. "It's okay."

"But...I...have to do this, Sara."

"Okay..." she whispered. "Just don't do anything stupid."

Josh laughed a little. "I won't."

After a few minutes of them just standing there, Josh had noticed Sara's body slowly growing limp. Her breathing had slowed and her eyes were shut. He slowly led her half-asleep form to the couch and set her down. He sat down next to her and she slept with her head resting on his shoulder.

"Joshie!" Frankie called loudly from the kitchen as she walked in.

"Shhhhh!" Josh pleaded. "Sara's asleep," he whispered pointing to the limp brunette lying next to him.

"Ooooooh," Frankie said in a more quiet voice, though still quite louder than one would expect for a 'quiet' voice. "Is she tired?"

"More than you know," Josh muttered quietly, rolling his eyes.

Sara hadn't exactly been getting as much sleep as she could've the last few days. She was always tossing and turning in bed, waking up in a cold sweat from nightmares. Whenever she walked down the hallway, she always looked over her shoulder for fear someone was following her. And everyone knew who that someone was.

Sara was trying to avoid leaving the house entirely. She didn't know where Matthew was, and she knew he could come back at any minute. Sara was actually forced out of her house for the day- forensic scientists had come in to collect evidence from...the room. Ted and Nancy went driving around town for a while and Sara went with Josh. Sara clung to Josh the whole way to his house, looking over her shoulder, flinching whenever she thought she heard someone else's footsteps.

At Sara's house, the forensic scientists had combed every inch of the floor and building for potential evidence. They didn't miss a thing. They had slowly made their way into Matthew's bedroom, booties over their feet and latex gloves on to ensure that they didn't disturb the scene. With the lights off, they looked around the room with their torches in their hands, a ray of light illuminating the darker areas of the room for them to see. This was all Sara got a glimpse of before she left clinging to Josh's arm.

"What do you mean?" Frankie asked, moving a bit closer to the pair. "What was it? Lover's quarrel?" she giggled, pony-tail bouncing up and down with each of her movements.

"No," Josh said firmly.

"What happened, Joshie?" Frankie asked tilting her head.

"...She...was...Sara was raped by her foster brother, Frankie."

Frankie quickly shot up with a gasp. Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped slightly as she slowly covered her mouth with her right hand. "Oh dear god..." she said, hand fully clamped over her mouth now. "Is she okay?"

Josh shrugged a little, sighing. "I...don't know. She's not telling me much. I can't blame her, though."

Frankie slowly nodded. Sara twitched a bit in her sleep and a small whimper escaped from her lips. Josh nudged her gently.

"Sara, Sara, wake up."

Sara's eyes immediately fluttered open and she yawned rubbing her head. She spotted Frankie and smiled weakly. "Hello, Frankie."

Frankie's normal cheery expression was gone. She actually looked a bit pale. She didn't respond right away and Josh had to clear his throat to free her from her trance. "Um, yes, hello, Sara."

Sara tilted her head a bit. "Something wrong?"

"No! No, of course not!" Frankie said putting on a fake but convincing smile. "I'm going to go bring in the groceries. See you kids later!"

Frankie disappeared around the corner humming a happy tune to herself. Sara looked at Josh with a confused expression on her face. "Um...Josh? What's wrong with Frankie? She didn't even call you 'Joshie'."

Josh smiled a bit. "Don't worry about it, it's nothing."

Sara nodded. "Okay."

"Want to go out for a bit?" Josh asked.

She froze. "I...uh...I..."

"Just for a little bit, we don't have to stay out long."

"I..."

"Please?" Josh asked, batting his eyelashes a little which were actually surpisingly long.

She sighed. "Alright..."

Josh cheered in victory and grabbed her arm, running out of the house with her. He ran down the sidewalk dragging her along behind him with her arm. Sara had no idea where they were going, and quite frankly Josh didn't either. The truth was, Josh wanted to get her out of the house. Back into the real world. She needed to take a deep breath of fresh air again. She needed to know what the chirping of birds sounded like again. She needed to feel a warm breeze again.

Josh ran around a street corner pulling Sara along with him. Sara squinted as the harsh light from the sun blinded her. She used her free arm to shield her face from the sunlight as they continued running around the corners of different streets. Soon, the familar smells of the outside world came back to her- chewing tobacco, whiskey, the norms.

Sara was jerked around a few more corners before Josh stopped and looked around with his hands folded to his chest. He looked at the street corners at the signs trying to figure out exactly where they were. Sara noticed his confused look and how he was still trying to keep his composure as he realized they were lost.

"Josh..."

"Hmn?"

"We're lost."

"No we're not."

"Yes we are."

"No, we're not," he said stubbornly. "I just...haven't been here in a while."

Sara rolled her eyes. "I bet."

Josh turned to look at her. "Um...okay...well...how many blocks did we go down?"

Sara sighed. "I don't know, you were the one pulling me along, everything was a blur to me."

He scratched his head. "Um...okay..."

Sara sighed again. "Just admit that we're lost."

"We're not!"

"Yes we are."

"Um...I'm...going to go in that store and..."

"Ask for directions?"

"No! I'm...thirsty," he lied and walked to the corner store. "I'll be back in a minute!" he called from the doorway of the tiny store and walked inside, a bell ringing as he opened the door. Sara watched as the door closed again and his figure was no longer visible in the store.

Sara sighed, looking around. She was alone. All that was missing was a tumble-weed. Sara planted her heel firmly in the ground, arms folded across her chest as she waited for Josh to return with his 'drink'. She looked around spotting a few cars parked here and there on the street. She looked to her side and saw a blue dumpster with graffiti sprayed on the side and lid. She studied the painted marks- they looked to be gang-related. Sara rolled her eyes, knowing that it was one of the last things her town needed- another gang.

Sara thought she heard something from behind her. She quickly flipped around. There was nothing. She kept her eyes fixed on the area for a long moment, though- she wasn't about to take any chances. Behind her was an alley with a few metal trash cans sitting to the sides of it and some old newspapers flying around. She sighed in relief when she saw no one behind her and turned back around.

Sara knew she was being paranoid. Who wouldn't be after what happened? She wasn't sure who she could trust anymore. Matthew had been someone she was supposed to be able to trust. How could he have done that to her? His own foster sister, someone he was supposed to be looking out for.

Sara failed to realize that someone could still have been behind her the whole time and that they could've just hidden behind the alley wall. So, she stood with her arms folded and heel dug into the ground waiting for Josh to return. Inside the building, she could make out the faint figure of him talking with the person at the register. She was still wondering what was taking him so long to come back, all he had to ask for was directions.

Out of nowhere, like a cat pouncing at a mouse, a figure jumped at Sara and pushed her into the alley. She had no idea what was going on or who this person was. She got her answer when she found herself pinned to the wall in the alley and the familar haunting green eyes of Matthew staring straight at her.

"Hey Sara."

This was starting to look all-too familar...

"How have you been?"

Sara didn't say anything. Her breath was caught in her throat and she choked on her words.

"Did you have fun that day?"

Again, no answer. Sara was trying desperately to free herself of his grasp.

"You know, I sure did."

Still no answer. She was shaking her head quickly as she tried to remove his hands from her wrists.

"And you know..." he said leaning closer to her. "We could always..." He slid one of his hands away from the wrist they were holding down to...

The waistband of her pants.

"...do it again," he finished.

Fear was now growing stronger inside of Sara again as she tried to free herself. She shook her head back-and-forth quickly. She finally found her voice and screamed. In mere seconds, Josh came running into the alley and took the scene in front of him in. He had to find his voice again, but he found it quickly.

"LEAVE HER ALONE, YOU BASTARD!"

That ROCKED! YEA!!!! It stinks that Matt is back, but now Josh can kick his sorry behind. Actually, he can even kill him, self-defense and all. :)

Don't go to bed! You must write more! *gets you 1 bottle of mountain dew, 1 of pepsi, 1 of coke* I don't know what your drink preference is, but here ya go. Keep going! (there will be no slapping silly)

How could Josh leave Sara alone like that??!! Argh!! :mad: Sorry, I know I'm supposed to be mad at Matt (Still am and will FOREVER be!) but Joshie should know better... :( Oh poor, poor Sara. Matt deserves to get hurt soooo bad! :mad:

I wanna slap Matt silly (and do other unmentionable things :p)... not you, raven. :)

I'm glad :D I had to go to bed early last night because my brother got mad at me for trying to check his email on his computer and whacked me in the back of the head a couple of times...I hit him back :D Anyways, then, he kicked me and it hurt pretty bad...but then, I went into his room and took a few sips of his drink and he hit me again. My dad got pissed and sent us both to bed. Hey, he hit me first! :rolleyes:

Anyways, I shall try and update soon! :D *takes Coke, Pepsi, and Mountain Dew* Thankies! :D

It was a great chapter! And what did happen that Josh would leave Sara alone, especially if they were lost. It was his idea to take her on a walk and then he got them lost and then he almost got her raped again! :( How could he be so stupid!!

Dont send Josh to jail! make him do something to get back at Mathew but just not enough to get into trouble! PLease :D

*gives you more pop to continue writing quicker* :)

I hope Josh doesn't go to jail! He should totally beat the crap out of Matthew but then he wouldn't have to go to jail because it would be for Sara's self defense.

Back