The Last Film You Saw? Thread 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few nights ago I watched Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. I actually forgot how funny it was and how awesome Jim Carrey is. Those impersonations and accents that he does kills me. Also, who could forget the classic, "Alrighty then!" line :lol:. There are so many hilarious lines from that film. One of the best scenes was when Ace & Melissa went to Ronald Camp's party, and he came out of the bathroom all wet due from falling in that shark tank. They need to make more films like this. Seriously, a few recent comedies could stand to learn a thing or two from this movie.

I saw The Omen over the weekend, and out of 5 stars, I give it a negative 10. :eek: *rips hair out*

Luckily, my weekend was saved by another movie. :) I saw In Her Shoes on DVD. Great cast, great acting, great script. I loved Toni Collette's portrayal as the long-suffering sister. And the poem by E.E. Cummings recited by Cameron Diazs' character touched me. :)

Monkey Business (1952)

Not as funny as I thought it was when I first saw it about a decade ago. Although I had to smile at how they had Ginger Rogers dancing about. Or how they showed off Marilyn Monroe's shapeliness (her legs are just wow). Can't recall how many absent-minded professor/scientist/chemist etc. Cary Grant has played but it sure fits him to a tee.

Corpse Bride. I thought it was excellent, actually I preferred this Tim Burton film to Nightmare Before Christmas. They are both very good, but I liked Corpse Bride at little bit more. Characters was great, I loved the maggot. :lol:

I rarely come in here, cause I rarely watch movies.. I know.. I'm lame.

The other day I saw "The Family Stone". I thought it was fantastic. Even my fiance, who is NOT a fan of "chick flicks" totally enjoyed it. It was by no means amongst the best movies I've seen, but it was a good movie for us to watch with my mom :D

Ooh, and csi_fanatic? My friend Amy was in The Day After Tomorrow.. She was the girl locked in the library with the gang with long red curly hair? The chick who goes to get books to burn with the librarian? Yeah. We grew up together. Amy Sloan. She was in CSI this past year too, she played the virgin mother adopts the embryo and ends up murdered? I'm very jealous.

I saw * S.W.A.T. * with Colin Farrel & Samuel L. Jackson.

The film is very good, then it gives very much action and adrelanin. But at no time is it boring... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back