The Last Film You Saw? Thread 2.

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Cat, May 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smiliee

Smiliee Coroner

I saw the movie Cars. Cute movie!!!

I'm in the middle of watching Signs right now. I've seen it way too many times lol.

2. Reeble

Reeble CSI Level Three

Well, I've watched parts of a couple of movies, the most recent about 10 minutes of 'Carolina', and the other 'Down to Earth' before my dad shooed me off to watch the soccer game. *shakes fist*

The most recent full movie I've watched was I think The Ringer on Thursday. It was funny, but not as good as I expected. There were some great parts though.

"Should I wear my shirt up? Or down? ...Or up? Or possible....tucked in?"

:lol:

3. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

Ever After. I've seen this movie countless number of times and I never tire of it. Drew Barrymore, one of my most favorite actresses was charming as Danielle de Barbarac, aka Cinderella. With an exceptional script and believable characters, it's a great movie to watch. :)

Strictly Ballroom. I love this movie. :D It's colorful, hilarious, romantic, stylish, fun and energetic – typical Baz Luhrmann style. :p

4. csi_fanatic87

csi_fanatic87 CSI Level Three

The Omen. Creepy stuff. I liked it

5. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

Yesterday I took my little brother to the cinema and watched Nacho Libre. At first I was reluctant to watch it but holy crap, was it ever funny! Jack Black did an awesome but the character of Esqueleto totally stole the show. The whole theatre was laughing throughout the film. It was filmed was awesome one liners and a lot of hilarious scenes. The good thing was is that it was a consistent film with its constant witnesses. I remember letting out a good laugh every two minutes. The little orphanges were so adorable, especially Nacho's friend. Thankfully it wasn't a stupid funny film like most movie's out there today. There was also a good message hidden in there. Also, it didn't feel like time was going by slowly which is something I usually associate with painfully slow films. I turned out to be really, really good and out of 5 stars I'd give it 5. I'd recommend it to everyone and anyone and finally...Jack Black is god. I love him!

6. Palm

Palm Coroner

^ I want to see that movie so bad XD

Tombstone
    Maybe it's just me, but it seeeems like a good film, I just have very hard of hearing nowdays so I couldn't really understand the dialogue. So I guess I'm going to have to watch it again before making a verdict.

7. Dolphin

Dolphin Pathologist

I loved Shindler's List!!!

Last film I saw was "I still know what you did last Summer". It was last night and I was trying to fall asleep... :lol:

8. glam_chic86

I just finished watching Office Space and I must say that it's frigging hilarious! I kept laughing and I think it has become my favourite movie. It was filled with awesome characters but my favourite had to be Milton Waddams. His obession with that stapler & receiving his paycheck had me in stiches. Samir Nagheenanajar & Michael Bolton were pretty good too along with Lawrence. Jennifer Aniston did pretty well consedering her role wasn't that big. Seriously, that Milton guy should've had more lines. My only complaint was that the film wasn't long enough. It was only 83 minutes and I wish I was 95 minutes. Overall it was an awesome film and there should be more movies like it. I feel like posting some Milton quotes...

Milton Waddams: [talking on the phone] And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were married, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...

Nina: Now Milton, don't be greedy, lets pass it along and make sure everyone gets a piece.
    Milton Waddams: Yeah, but last time I didn't receive a piece.
    Nina: Just pass.
    [the cake passes and everybody but Milton gets a piece]
    Milton Waddams: [whispering] I could set the building on fire.

Milton Waddams: I was told that I could listen to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven, I told bill that if Sandra is going to listen to her headphones while she's filing then I should be able to listen to the radio while I'm collating so I don't see why I should have to turn down the radio because I enjoy listening at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven.

Milton Waddams: Mr. Lumbergh told me to talk to payroll and payroll told me to talk to Mr. Lumbergh and I still have not received my paycheck and they moved my desk to storage room B and there was garbage on it.

Milton Waddams: Excuse me? Excuse me, senor? May I speak to you please? I asked for a mai tai, and they brought me a pina colada, and I said no salt, NO salt on the margarita, but it had salt on it, big grains of salt, floating in the glass...
    Mexican Waiter: Lo siento mucho, senor.
    [Under his breath]
    Mexican Waiter: Pinche gringo.
    Milton Waddams: [as the waiter walks away] And yes, I won't be leaving a tip, 'cause I could... I could shut this place down. Sir? I'll take my traveler's checks to a competing resort. I could write a letter to your nation's board of tourism and I could have this place condemned. I could put... I could put... strychnine in the guacamole. There was salt on the glass, BIG grains of salt.

:lol: That's brilliant!

9. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

Office Space RULES, jorja.. I love that movie.. CSI related trivia moment? The dude who plays Milton? Was in the LV episode "Homebodies" playing the father of the rape victim..

Anyway, my mother and father in law are currently in town, as my fiance is getting his degree tomorrow (YAY!), and tonight my mother in law took us to see "A Prairie Home Companion". It was totally better than I thought it would be, but very, very strange. It didn't make a whole lot of sense. I definitely enjoyed it, it had some fantastic one-liners.. but it was weeeeeiiiirrrd.

Basically, funny, but not a classic, or even one I'd watch again. Kevin Kline is the saving grace of the movie.

10. glam_chic86

I just finished watching Glory Road with Josh Lucas. I was in complete awe once the credits rolled. This film is more then a basketball movie. It's about racism in '66 & El Paso and it's about learning to accept who you are so you can function on a team. This film was deep on so many aspects that it would take me days to explain it. Seriously, this movie made me think really hard. I myself am not a racist but I know people who are and this film taught me all about that kind of stuff. It's more then a film with a happy ending, or more then a film with a bunch of talented basketball players. It made me ill to see the disrespect people gave to these African-American men and knowing that it still goes on today is really sickning. I dunno, I applaude Disney for being able to create such a versatile and moving film. This is the kind of film that gets your emotions running whether it be anger, sadness, or happiness. To sum up what I said I liked this film. To shed light on this issue and make a film enjoyable at the same time takes a lot of work. Seriously, even if you hate basketball you must rent this film!

11. Palm

Palm Coroner

Napoleon Dynamite
    I had the urge to learn the dance again :3

12. kazzy

kazzy Head of the Swing Shift

Ghost Ship. Great movie! Totally was not what I was expecting it to be like. Really predictable but nonetheless fantastic movie! :D

Deliverance. Such a creepy but invigorating movie. It's about 4 men who goes to canoe at this big river in this big state (...one of the states in America, I think :p ) Anyway, things happen to the 4 men and it's just so creepy! :eek: and disturbing. Great movie though. :D

13. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

The Godfather Part 2, it was like 3 hours long! When I received the rental copy they sent two DVD's, I thought one was the special features disc, turns out the film was so long it was spread across two DVD's! :eek: It was fantastic, Robert De Niro was great. My favourite character is Michael - Al Pacino was gorgeous! :eek: :lol:

14. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

kazzy I keep trying to convince my 12 year old brother to watch Deliverance. He's an aspiring redneck.

I saw A Prairie Home Companion the other day. It was really weird. It had some very funny moments, for sure, but on whole it felt like ego-masturbation for a bunch of famous people. No real plot or point whatsoever. Kevin Kline was the only really good part, and of course, Virginia Madsen's beauty. Anyway, I wouldn't recommend it.

15. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

Yesterday i went to go see "Click" . Its really good. Its funny and kind of sad but a really good movie oh and they mentioned CSI. Adam Sandler of course is amazingly funny and his beautiful co-star Kate Beckinsale is too and their kids are adorable! I reccomend it to everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.