The Last Film You Saw? Thread 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rellaaaa said:
I saw the Dutch horror movie SL8N8 last night.

The movie was absolute amazing and there hasn't been a Dutch horror movie like this in ages.

Hmm, I've read some reviews about the movie, and I think I won't like the movie. I love horror movies, but this one seems cheesy to me. Just the name... bleh. Sorry, but if you like it, you like it. I can't change anything about that ;)

I just watched World Trade Center by Oliver Stone. Pretty impressing movie! I've seen loads of images of the WTC, so I'm not impressed that fast, but this was a great movie. Great acting by Nicolas Cage, I don't really like him, but I did like how he played the character of John MgLoughlin in this movie. Also liked the acting of Maggie Gyllenhaal en Maria Bello (though she looked kind of creepy with those blue eyes). I, unfortunately, already knew how it would end, but still, it was a great movie to watch.

Went to see Talladega nights but when I got to the cinema they had swapped it for Devil wears Prada.
So thought I'd go see that instead and was quite surprised, I actually really liked it and I aint normally into chick flicks.

Just Like Heaven.

I thought this film was brilliant. They couldn't have got a better actor than Reese Witherspoon, she had the right look - sophisticated but yet funny, which totally fits in with her character. Mark Ruffalo is really good in it too. I loved the bit when they are in the hospital and they are trying to prove to Jack that Elziabeth 'Lizzy' is there and he doing rock, paper, scissors behind his back! :lol: It was good because it almost had me in tears at points but at other points I was almost in tears from laughing :D
I would definitely recommend it...

The last film I saw was Trust the man,, It Rocked,, Love the movie,, love David & Jullie *drool* & the movie I'm gonna watch in a few is,, The Wedding Date *Debra Messing* :D

Damn.... um, I haven't seen many, so let's say... The Return of the King. I want to see Hollywoodland, The Black Dahlia and The Last Kiss.

DaWacko said:
I wish i could find it on dvd :(

Huh? You can't find it on dvd? Not even on the internet? :confused:

Last film I saw was Firewall. Well, it had Harrison Ford in it so that automatically made me watch it :lol: though the plot wasn't anything special. Some bits were cleverly done IMO, but I wish they'd made the film a bit longer by giving the viewer a better picture of the family relationships...you know, so that there can be some character development later on, rather than "oh, we need the main character to have a family so they can be taken hostage". :rolleyes:

But all in all, it was watchable and entertainment for an hour and a half :)

Golden_Smile said:
Just Like Heaven.

I thought this film was brilliant. They couldn't have got a better actor than Reese Witherspoon, she had the right look - sophisticated but yet funny, which totally fits in with her character. Mark Ruffalo is really good in it too. I loved the bit when they are in the hospital and they are trying to prove to Jack that Elziabeth 'Lizzy' is there and he doing rock, paper, scissors behind his back! :lol: It was good because it almost had me in tears at points but at other points I was almost in tears from laughing :D
I would definitely recommend it...

I read the book years ago and knew it had to be made into a movie! I actually thought of Reese when I read it. Mark is a great fit, he played the part perfectly.

OOps! I forgot to add that I watched Eight Below last night. Cute, predictable Disney-formula flick. Acting was kind of hokey but The dogs were awesome.

Simply_Sara said:
The last film I saw was Trust the man,, It Rocked,, Love the movie,, love David & Jullie *drool* & the movie I'm gonna watch in a few is,, The Wedding Date *Debra Messing* :D

I loved Trust the man too. I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did. I adore Maggie to bits.
The bit I was really killing myself laughing at was the 'Deli meat' part. hahahahaha
David was great in it.

Astrid said:
I loved Trust the man too. I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did. I adore Maggie to bits.
The bit I was really killing myself laughing at was the 'Deli meat' part. hahahahaha
David was great in it.

Yeah Trust the man was such fun =) I laughed almost the whole time during the movie =) And the opening scene where David {the kiddo} sits on the toilet and is like: ''I've gotta poop but I can't!'' ROFL I laughed so hard =) :lol:

Last film I saw was 'An Inconvenient Truth', the Al Gore climate crisis film. :eek:

Highly recommended for all, although probably most likely to be seen by those who are already interested in the topic! It was troubling and really makes you think.

Last movie I went to see in theaters was Gridiron Gang, the football movie based on a true story starrin' Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

I thought it would be good, and I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. The Rock was a lot better in this than the last movie I saw him in, which was Be Cool. The guy is just gettin' better as he goes along.

Last movie I watched on DVD was the new special collector's edition of Stephen King's The Dead Zone. A couple of extra features lookin' back at the movie, retro interviews with the director & the actress that played Sarah, and vintage interview clips with Martin Sheen. Lots of still photos from the filmin' of the movie, too.

od0_ital said:
Last movie I went to see in theaters was Gridiron Gang, the football movie based on a true story starrin' Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.
Vanessa Ferlito's in that, isn't she? Did she have a big part?

The Vancouver International Film Festival is going on right now, so I've seen a few films in the past few days.
I saw 'Colour Me Kubrick' yesterday. John Malkovich is amazing!
I also saw a documentary called 'The Smell of Paradise'. To me, it didn't feel like it acomplished what it set out to.

Today I saw 'Away From Her'. Beautiful, touching film. Had some great little comedic moments as well. Gordon Pinsent and Julie Christie were fantastic! Sarah Polley (writer and director) was there to introduce the film too which was cool :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back