The Hottness of "Wallace/Hodges"!!

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by gregsgirl89, Nov 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

Re: The Hottness of "Wallace/Hodges"!!

yeah, but supposedly people ouside the states cant buy things from itunes.
    whatever. anyone have anymore david like songs?
    there is the club of dreamers by beri sachroff and rami fortis. in a way it makes no sense whatsoever (david wise) but in another way, it makes all the sense in the world.
    it is about getting lost in a place where everyone is the same. being sad and being different. being 'wrong' because everyone else is 'right' and you are one and they are many.
    that is my interpretation.

2. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

I know so many songs, it'll take a while to find the perfect one for David. I can't think of anything that immediately screamed "Hodges" at me, but I'll let you know if I encounter one that does.

3. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

:)
    ill keep my ears open now too, or try to, these couple months that are coming up, songwise, i think about one thing and not about much else, but when a hodges-y song pops up, ill let you guys know :)

eta- sidler, you are up to 200 messages.

4. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

Thanks pabzi. :)

I have plenty of Sara songs, everytime I listen to something new I'll think if it fits her or not. But I dont have David songs. I have to listen to my MP3 and assign songs to him.

5. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

try it :)

6. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

I listened to my MP3 when I was studying and I heard Unwell and Push by Matchbox 20. I think its a bit Hodgesy but not that much. Theyre not snarky nor angsty enough. Most of the songs I listened to are categorized under "Sara". :lol: Our man need some songs dude!

pabzi! I just noticed youre a Coroner now! :D YAY we can both cut people up together. :D So, whose body should we cut up first? Yours or mine? :p

7. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

ooh. what does coroner mean? whats before it and what after it? it hought i was a csi 2, no? i never notice.
    why dont we cut up klarit, my big boss, then we'll cut up that guy who bothers you, agreed?

i dont know those songs. is matchbox 20 punky rock?
    i heard a beautiful song last night that reminded me of david in a way, the thing with me is that its really my interpretations that remind me of him, not the actual song. the one i mentioned yesterday, if i had poster the words youd probably all be like wtf, cause it sounds a bit unconnected.

the chorus of this one from last night is
    on the radio it said
    that it will be cold tonight
    sometimes i think
    that if i could
    id take my gun
    and point it up to the big
    and watch as the sky falls
    i can get the rest of the words later for who is interested but i gotta do my last minute things and get out to work.
    the song is 'nights of south tel aviv' by yuval banai. yeah, i have a thing for sad hebrew rock songs. the chorus especially has something davidy in it. its more the way he sings, the sadness and frustration in his voice with an undertone of anger.

8. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

Google (2006) defines coroner as a public official who investigates by inquest any death not due to natural causes. Let me put it in simple words so slow people like me can understand. :lol: Coroner = cut dead people up = Doc & SuperDave. Its that I think. :) Before Coroner is CSI Level 2, after Coroner is CSI Level 3. I find that a bit strange. Anyhoo, moving on.

I think Matchbox 20 is alternative/rock. Im not too sure which genre their music falls under. They produce different types of music. But theyre definitely not punk rock.

Why I think it suits David is becuase of these lyrics:

"Push"
    Dont just stand there, say nice things to me
    Ive been cheated Ive been wronged
    And you you dont know me
    I cant change

"Unwell"
    I'm not crazy, I'm just a little impaired
    I know, right now you don't care
    But soon enough you're gonna think of me
    And how I used to be

I think those songs are a little Davidy. :)

Can you translate the remaining of that song for me? Id like to listen to it, maybe then I can see if its Davidy. ( I really like this Davidy thing. :)) Do you think that only sad/angsty songs fit David? When I listen to perky songs I dont think of David, I think of Greg. :lol: Its sometimes hard to find songs that fits the characters. But at times youll get lucky and you turn on the radio and its there.

9. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

The unwell lyrics sort of fit David I think, but I just can't connect Matchbox with Hodges, it doesn't seem his style. I couldn't tell you what music Hodges would probably listen to but I just can't picture it being rock in any way, soft, pop or solid.
    And I have to agree with you about it being so much easier to find Sara songs. Most likely because her style and pesonality is much closer to mine than Hodges is.

10. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

I thought Unwell fit David too. And youre right, I dont think David listens to Matchbox 20 type of music. I think he listens to The Cure, The Who, The Doors (and so many other The-bands) maybe Travis/Coldplay, Radiohead; but absolutely no pop. He's the kind who'd make fun of boybands. I like some pop songs but I also make fun of boybands. Boybands are make-funable. :p I was trying to find snarky songs yesterday and Space is kind of snarky. But the song I listened to 'Female of the Species' fits Sara, not David. Poor Dave. Btw pabzi, I cant get that song, I tried. But translate the lyrics ok? :)

11. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

ohhh im sure he hates pop!! i think that he is a classic rock kinda guy, with a bit of slight alternative radiohead style stuff. if the stuff i like was in english, i think hed like it. should i put the lyrics here or send them to you. the song is beatiful,and when i read the lyrics this morning, it had a slight david quality :)
    angsty and sad is definately him. upbeat stuff (not pop, upbeat rock) is greggo :)

12. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Please post them here, I want to read them too.

13. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

happily :)

on nights of south tel aviv*1

on nights of south tell aviv
    the quiet sounds like a storm
    the streets are empty, empty
    exept for some who live on the avenue

on the radio it said that the night would be cold
    then they played 'welcome the coming of the machine'
    sometimes i think that if id could
    i'd take my gun and aim it up to the big
    i would press the trigger
    and watch the sky fall

dreams are the fuel of time
    they are a crazy chance of blinding love
    in my heart there is a knife
    i enjoy every extra second

on the radio it said...

*1 tel aviv is a big city here, the south of it is a rather sad and empty place, with lots of himeless and stuff.

i think that there is so much sadness in the song, and so many things that could be david. i have my own twisted way of analizing things...
    the way the guy sings it though...imagine the written sadness and multiply it by 100.

14. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Love the watch the sky fall part.

15. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

me too. and the 'quiet sounds like a storm part' sometimes when you are sad, the quiet is loud

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.