The Hottness of "Wallace/Hodges"!!

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by gregsgirl89, Nov 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Re: The Hottness of "Wallace/Hodges"!!

No idea, that's what I read between the lines of that quote Ivory posted.

2. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

i cant wait!! i really dont know...ill be able to tell you guys later. im looking so forward to it. i heard that the scene was lengthy and helpful, but my friend didnt want to spoil me, so she didnt say more...

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I am soo weak when it comes to not being spoiled...I read every spoiler I can find which alway ends up with me being totally confused and almost crying :rolleyes: ;)thats so lame but I cant help it. Cant wait to get to know more about hodges, maybe that means that he will be taken more seriously and getting the attention he deserves. I think he needs to be in the credits and its time to enlarge his on screen time.

4. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

I'm just like that. I mean I don't want to be spoiled, it makes me itchy for the new eps and it takes away the surprise factor. But whenever I read "spoiler" in connection with a character I like I just have to click it. It's a curse...
    Anyways. Agree that Hodges needs more screentime, but I doubt they'd make his role big enough to be in the main credits. I think that's ok, though. That way he remains an enigma.
    Too much character developement usually ends in people's imaginary bubbles being crushed and therefore disappointment. Just think about all the wrongs the writers could do to Hodges, in the end they'd come up with the idea of giving him a girlfriend :rolleyes:

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Honestly I dont know whats wrong with hodges and a girlfriend; I cant decide If he is gay or not... :rolleyes:
    I think we know too little about him to judge. Dont get me wrong If it turned out that he is thats fine with me but right now I suggest its still open.

6. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the possibility of him being straight, but

1. Who knows what kind of a girl they'd come up with?

2. As long as we don't know either way we can all live happily with our own imagination

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Of course we can!! IF its a girl she must be really *special* cause we take care of our king of the lab and if she is not treating him right, NOONE WILL BE ABLE TO SAVE HER.... :D :devil:

8. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

nono. no girlfried.
    i think though, that he does deserve character developement, i just hope that the writers do it right. and supposedly giving something about his past...wow. that is very important :D i wonder who his scene was with.

i really see him as gay. its a vibe. people dont look gay, dont believe in that. it is a feeling that he gives off.

eta: info from my source( THANKS!!!) (as i have not yet seen it) the scene was with grissom and long-compared to his scenes in btk. him and gris were discussing insects and how swarms of insects are like swarms of ppl who attack.
    and he used to live in a sketchy neighborhood.

9. hodges_alias_47

hodges_alias_47 Police Officer

Now from a male perspective (hehe), the Hodges moment was awesome. He was so adorable with Grissom. He lived in sketchy neighborhood. It was great seeing Hodges do his Trace thing.

Edit; OMG, Mia I love your wallpapers!!!
    I want screen caps of his scene with Grissom.

10. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

ill cap when i can.
    i cant wait to see his expressions :)

11. hodges_alias_47

thanks pabzi

12. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

no prob. cute loc. you should add something to it though

EDITED after seeing fannysmacking--------->
    GOOD JOB WRITERS!!!
    finally, they gave us something...which is more than i thought they would give us a few days ago. of course i want more (what person who sees something that makes them happy doesnt want more of it) but i am so proud of the writers.

they didnt portray him as an asshole--he was still hodges, but i dont think that those who dislike him got any satisfaction from this (they usually have something to say about how stuchk up and rude he is and everything...) the stuck up and rude is a big part of his personality, but so is this. thsi that the writers should have done a long time ago (but im thankful that they did it now)

grissom was nice to him--i was surprised. he talked to him as an equal. explaining. being grissom, but trating hodges as a person and not 'hodges the snarky annoying trace guy' the vibe i got was 'hodges my slightly annoying coworker who has a head on his shoulders and does his job right'. i also feel that grissom got from him...meaning, the things that hodges said went through to him. i have to see the scene again...but wow.
    david had that thing about him. don t know how to explain it. im not sure if it is a david thing or also a wallace thing, but he sorta rocks himself a bit and makes a face at certain times...even though he was calm and not rude, he still had a big snark too him. its his epxressions, how he carries himself...
    when he said "my old neighborhood...does that mean that he used to live in that specific place ot somewhere similar? hes only been in vegas a few years...maybe the first place that he found to live was sleazetown, then he got settled in to the city and found a nice appartment. or maybe he grew up in a similar neighborhood.

there is something about the way him and grissom interreacted that really touched me (well not just something- all of it) as i said they spoke as equals, and david, whos usually trying to prove that hes the best and the smartest listened. the whole swarm thing meant alot to me too, because...well its hard to explain...but i, like them have people problems...and i dont know...i identified with the undertone of the way they talked about swarms. they are so similar...im not sure if they will ever be friends, but grissom seemed to respect him...wow...
    im sure that i have so much more to say............

ill be back later or tomorrow with caps i hope...

13. hodges_alias_47

wow ... amazing!

14. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

15. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

I agree alias...amazing! Wow. Thanks for the summary/recap/analysis pabzi! VERY detailed, VERY analytical and VERY much appreciated. :D Its great that Griss was nice to him. It doesnt happen very often so Im really glad it did. It seems like Griss actually regards what David has to say and like you said, treats him as an equal. Im glad that although he's composed (he's not so hyper? really? WOW.) he's still got that bit of snark. He wont be David w/o the snark. Maybe David used to live in a crummy neighbourhood when he was growing up...if that's true then I wonder what his family situation was like? Close-knit? Dysfunctional? Maybe the reason why he acts "tough" now is because back then he had to take care of himself, using words, sarcasm, snark, whatever. I dont think he's the type who gets involved in fights. Fannysmackin' sounds like a great David ep! And thanks for the caps too pabzi! Got my early-morning dose of Davidness. :) Has he lost weight? He looks a bit gaunt in the second pic. Maybe he's tired...

ETA: I cant believe we're going to reach 1000 posts in a bit! 2nd thread coming up soon! :D What do you think the thread title should be? What do you think of

"The Full Wallace/Hodges Experience #2"

Anyone have better names?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.