"The Happy Place" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 11, 2008.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I missed that cause my brother chose that point to ask me something about the Supernatural ep (which I wasn't gonna watch till later). :lol: So, I didn't get to hear that.

:lol: Me too. :)

I think my favorite scene was when Greg told Sara about how the law had changed and she touched his hand/arm and kind of gently squeezed it and said thanks and he kind of smiled at her. Aww... that was sweet. I love their friendship just like I loved the Nick/Warrick friendship.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

WOW:wtf: This title "A Happy Place" should have been called 'A Sad Place" what part was happy? their all still so shell-shocked and a bit zombie like that it was like they were just all going through the motions:( A bit kudos to the writers for keeping this great love story between Gil & Sara alive and thriving,[​IMG] a tight connection and such a strong bond they still have, perfect harmony. The first scene them conforting each other. Her asking "why don't we take a trip" to the Galapagos Islands, how perfect for them. him saying "I can't, why don't you stay"? and she can't. her mental stability is at stake, But to me I saw Grissom melting down and burning out like she did earlier, he's lost his zest for this job. Three stories, a long time since they've done that, Cath & Nick working together on the girl who took a dive off the balcony, and her bringing up Warrick's # on her cell:( They both look sad. Greg always sweet and understanding where Sara is concerned, calling her to the scene. And Det. Vega always good to see him. and mentioning Warrick to Greg his sad face. So it was the husband who lied to Sara, 8 years of this I understand but don't condone what he did. The freaky hypnotist and the bank jobs. And the former teacher and her student having a baby together, and her pretending they were both her children. That's when you could see Grissom having a meltdown when he was talking to the kid "she took it all away" and him so perplexed, burning out, his expressions, I don't think he wants to do this anymore, he's in a precarious position, and a big predicament, but when Sara comes back he will leave with her, and maybe they can have a healthier lifestyle. All the gruesomness and horror will be behind them. I hope the team can come to some resolution and get back on track, It will take a while. intense ep.

[​IMG]

3. byline

byline CSI Level One

I read that article, and I get what Petersen is saying. However, just because someone is not a hero (which I tend to equate with someone placed on a pedestal because s/he commits heroic acts) does not mean that person is not a leader. Grissom is very much a team leader, and even though everyone on his team is considered a "hero" of equal status, they still acknowledge him as the leader.

Yes, they are a team -- and the cast is an ensemble cast -- but it's also a team/ensemble with a recognized leader. So I stand by my original assertion that Grissom is the central figure, and one I consider to be irreplaceable (in much the same way that the late, great Jerry Orbach's Lennie Briscoe turned out to be irreplaceable over on another ensemble show, "Law & Order").

As for whether Petersen should have won an Emmy long ago, I agree that he should have, but as Orbach himself pointed out, he rarely got the kind of script that typically gets Emmy attention. I remember reading a New York Times article where a writer on the show quoted Orbach complaining (tongue firmly planted in cheek, of course), "Why can't you write a scene where my partner dies in my arms, so I can win an Emmy?" Never happened for him . . . but look what happened last week.

4. LastToKnow710

LastToKnow710 Witness

I didn't see their relationship alive and thriving at all. He basically begged her to leave him because he didn't want to be the one to walk away, and she did. She left without a word to anyone, again. To me, there was a sense of finality about the whole thing.

5. Desertwind

HMMM, then how does one explain WP's words on the last ep. he'll be in be in I wouldn't want to say what we're going to do--I want people to watch, he chuckled, "but Sara is involved" I didn't see him beg her at all:confused: 9 years, they love each other and it's not over! did some of you fans not know that she's still going to be in some episodes down the line, and that would be because? their all confused and distraught right now, and who knows maybe they did converse or decide this was better right now, who would be OK with what's just happened? Another question I had on this ep. who the H was the black guy in this, a cop, a Det.? I've never seen him before, is he a new cast member?

6. byline

byline CSI Level One

I'm guessing he's going to be a recurring character. There's always been a bit of a revolving door when it comes to the police characters on this show, so he's probably just the latest one.

7. LastToKnow710

LastToKnow710 Witness

And some of his other interviews hint to one that it may not be the happy ending of them riding off into the sunset together. That it could go either way at this point.

I know she'll be back for his last episode, but realistically speaking, that doesn't mean they'll ride off into the sunset together and have lots of GSR babies. If there's one thing CSI's track record suggests, it's that the writers will do anything they want and sometimes they botch good storylines.

8. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Just untacking please feel free to continue the discussion.

9. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

This episode was bad, bad for GSR, bad for Greg fans, just bad period.

Grissom and Sara discussing GREG'S case. IMO Sara refusing to believe that Mr Adler was lying even though the evidence clearly showed no signs that what he told her was true was completely OOC on her part. Also Sara's "who are we taking about here" scene. If Grissom loved this woman so damn much why didn't he even make an attempt at denying that he was referring to them? Instead he stayed quiet allowing Sara to believe he wanted her to leave.

I am shocked that Sarah Goldfinger even wrote this scene (being an avid GSR lover)! But at the same time i am so glad she did.

Thanks for saying so!
    Poor unappreciated Greg, I was so excited that he finally got a solo case and then BAM! The rug gets pulled out from under me.

10. allmaple

allmaple Judge

last nights episode was pretty lame. maybe they wanted three cases because they didnt think we would notice the low quality of them all? i just felt "meh" about the whole thing. i guess because i thought the hypnosis case was stupid, since thats not possible, and the teacher/student relationship one felt like an afterthought. maybe if they had given more effort and time to that story in an episode with only two cases they could have made it better.

bad acting too, by pretty much everyone. im not sure what was going on. maybe there was something in the water on set that day. everyone just seemed off.

its especially disappointing because last weeks was one of csis best, and this was one of their worst. hopefully they can get back what they had in for warrick for the rest of the season.

11. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

So true. In my mind they would have to do alot of great writing to convince me that Sara should take another chance on him. In this episode he was back to his early days of 'Grissom being Grissom'. Some people like that, I know, but to me it shows no character growth at all. I was more impressed with Greg than Grissom last night. IMO Sara came across as the stronger one, able to 'walk away' and start fresh.
    I'd love a happy ending, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised at this point if we don't get one.
    I certainly will never get so attached to fictional characters again. Lesson learned.

12. LastToKnow710

LastToKnow710 Witness

Exactly. I'm glad others are seeing where I'm coming from. I'm not a GSR shipper at all, but I'm not invested enough to be biased one way or the other and what I saw last night was not good for any relationship. And Sara would be a fool to give him another chance. He's had too many already that he blew.

13. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

This episode is boring and okay. I wish the writers' just doing it again, because this episode dropped to 18 points since the season premire. GA beat CSI last night.

I was hoping the woman give Nick hynostiest (I don't know how to spell it.) to see Warrick everywhere. Oh, Well. I could write Nick better then the writers'.

14. Desertwind

CSI came in at #1 last night~beating out "Grey's Anatomy"

RATINGS

15. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Exactly! The part about the writers, I mean. Because we know that in Gum Drops they told George to pull back in the scene with Cassie because he was TOO emotional.

Now they just need to push him forward a little more...somewhere in the middle maybe. :)

Nice catch to the poster with the screencap of the letter!