"The Happy Place" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

REPEATING ON THURSDAY JAN. 8, 2009

For more information such as cast list and links see page/post one.

2. Toots

Toots Pathologist

I must not be up on things because I thought that the next new episode was going to be on 8 Jan. Darn it!

3. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Nope the next new one will be on the 15th. It's a doubles night, they will re-air "19 down", and then at its orginial time they will air the new one, "one to go".

4. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I don't have any desire to see this episode ever again.

5. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

On this we agree, my friend!

This episode was the beginning of the end for me, a proverbial trainwreck with no survivors. I pretty much lost interest in season 9 after this and have become more of a casual viewer, less invested for self-preservation. If I watch it again, I may just slit my wrists. :confused:

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

It was certainly a very dismal episode, not fitting to be the one right after For Warrick!

7. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I actually... liked it?

8. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Scheduled to repeat Thursday, 12/3.

9. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

For me, this episode was a GSR trainwreck. I really have no interest in watching it again.
    HOWEVER, maybe they are airing it so that the writers can address why Sara is able to come back to CSI in her next new episode, 'Better Off Dead'. It would be a good opportunity for her to discuss this with Ray, since they seem to be working together as evidenced by the promo pics. I'm sure we won't get a lot of discussion about it, but IMO it would be a perfect time to address this issue for viewers who still have some questions about her return as a CSI.
    Yet, on the other hand, I may be hoping for too much continuity from the writers and producers. There have been lots of lost opportunities in the past.

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

This episode should have been called "THE SAD PLACE" nothing what-so-ever 'happy' about it all. Poor Grissom and Sara at a crossroads in their relationship, her wanting him to go with her, and him wanting her to stay, cause they were shorthanded. Then down the line in "Leave Out All The Rest", he knew he had to go be with her. Also the rest of the case was horrific, the girl falling out the window, a real abdominable episode to say the least:(

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  11. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

Not my favorite episode. All I can really remember was Catherine scrolling through her phone and coming across Warrick's name and saying "Oh, God..." It made me cry. lol I'm obviously a really emotional person....

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Actually this was a great episode, although the CSI's were so raw after Warrick's funeral. Everybody was moping around. The 3 different stories were all interesting. The woman and being told by her hypnotist that a key word would do the trick, and had two rob banks and then she jumped off the bacony, thinking she was diving into the ocean. The guy who pulled the life support off his wife from "Too Tough To Die" and straight out lying. And Sara so distraught, "why did you lie to me" and her riveting experessions. "This is why I can't do this anymore":scream: and the kid who passed off his lover as his mother. And he killed her because she was a real loser. "I gave her everything, and she took it all away" Grissom [so great to see him again] and his perplexed expressions. Certainly it should have been called "The Sad Place":(

13. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

This wasn't my favorite either. But the part that I wished they would have elaborated on was the older woman, younger man storyline. I like how they played it off that she was his mother and the baby was his sister instead of his daughter.

That's what I wished they could have gone into more detail.