"The Gone Dead Train" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Usually that first clip is the opening scenes. If that's so then it almost looks like most of the action is going to happen before the theme is played. :lol:

Here's a clip with interviews with MH and LF from Entertainment Tonight. (Just 'click to play' like it says. :))

Susan

It only just started, and I'm wondering....AGAIN....for 9 YEARS a CSI never went into a scene to investigate, collect evidence, or talk to a person without a COP there!!!! What is going on this season with the crazy "forget all the rules of logic that we've set out over the years"?!!!

Criminy.

~Doc, maybe it would've been helpful to call for some backup. You have Brass's number, I know from Ending Happy.
~Catherine's awesome. Is this the first time she's been in danger since Built To Kill?
~Ex-BF is jerk.
~Hee! David!
~*smirks* I love Riley's "riiiiight" expression.
~It took them 25 minutes to remember that Catherine got bitten? Seriously, think faster.
~"So there are no vaccines in the entire state of Nevada?" That was my reaction too, Cath.
~Acting!Supervisor!Nick!
~I don't mind Langston being somewhat-in-charge in this episode, because he went to medical school and therefore as full right to force Catherine to go to the hospital.
~Riley, I like you, but I dare you to say that to his face.
~Yay, David wins!
~Heh, Hodges is the test dummy again.
~Oh, such a bad, bad pun. But I still laughed.
~A... pork chop. *sigh* Is that the most random murder weapon we've had?
~Brass's eye-roll is hilarious.
~Oh look, it's Wendy being awesome.
~Teamwork, doctor style.
~Hee.
~My dad called that the woman was in on it. I had no opinion.
~The difference between believing and not assuming.
~Hee, Doc looked kind of like the kid that accidentally got his sister's leg broken.

GRADE: A. Langston didn't annoy me, Nick got to play supervisor, Greg and Riley weren't Sirs Not Appearing, and Catherine managed to play off the "rabies?!" without being over the top. Score!
Catherine gets in a fight again? And, by the way, I'm pretty sure Nick was wearing his hat backwards. Hee.

the ep was ok. started out really intense and funny (gotta love SuperDave) but got quite boring and slow at the end. i was kinda waiting for it to end. i'll give it a 7/10.

I liked this episode.

Although Ray was a bit bossy toward Catherine going to the hospital, I attribute that to the Doctor in him. Plus when he didn't tell Nick he was leaving with Doc that annoyed me until Doc said Nick wouldn't get into any trouble if he didn't know.

The Rabies case was interesting, exciting and nail biting. Catherine's cat fight was dramatic and frightening.

As for Doc not knowing the cause of death...why didn't he check the brain tissue in the first place? But it was nice to see him get some exposure. Also SuperDave and his first solo autopsy was nice too,

Greg and Riley's case was really a lot of fun. Funny Greg was back, his reaction to the woman's real boobs was priceless. His calling Hodges spuds and then the experiment was funny too, esspecially when Greg just dropped him to the floor.

The interrogation with the women was cute, reminded me of Nick's case in descent of a man and Ending Happy.

A good episode, everyone had decent screen time.

I was laughing at Hodges getting dragged around lol

At least we were spared the repeated "why the heck is a CSI 1 at a scene alone?" this week. But yeah, Brass or Vartaan should've been with Doc and Cath

I liked Doc this week. The research thing was funny. Doc and Ray were funny, and I enjoyed Ray and Cath too. *wonders how long it'll take for someone to decide there are ship signs in there anywhere...* Love the vampire exchange. "Are you going to turn into a vampire?" "Well I already work nights..." I think it's a Forever Knight fangirl thing for me.

Some of those body modifications were just...ewwwwww. No offense to anyone that has them but I totally don't get the tongue forking. Or the back implants. Ouch. Oh and did they have to show the gruesmeness of the autopsy? Yech.

Fight Club reference..."First rule of diet club, don't talk about diet club" lol. No I haven't seen the movie, but I got the reference.

Last edited:
:bolian:I thought this episode was great! I laughed so hard and I loved all the goofy scenes with Langston and Robbins..

Nick as Acting Supervisor:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: He done good. Tough but good.

Summary:
- First of all – just the mention of rabies gets me to shudder. Back in college, I spent a weekend with my roommate and her family at their place. That night, we saw the movie “rabid” on late night tv (Yikes!). I don’t know how they expected me to sleep that night – in an unfamiliar house, with mostly unfamiliar people, after watching THAT! Ever since then, the word “rabies” gives me the willies!

Anyway -
- Marg ROCKS – again!! And Robert David Hall ROCKS as well. I have a bit of a soft spot for the old ‘radio man’. We radio personalities have a kinship with our own. Wish I could hear some of his old radio broadcasts.

- on the subject of RDH and radio – I loved the old blues references with Doc & Ray. I’m pleased that they seemed to have made Ray more ‘human’ in this episode. Maybe they’re finally giving him a personality to fit in more with the team. About time!

- Have I mentioned lately how much I love TEAM episodes?! This one was a classic. No, they weren’t all on one case, but I liked the way Catherine immediately left her original case (for obvious reasons) and checked in with Riley to help out a bit there.

- Loved the character evolving moments with David in this one – his first solo autopsy, his wife telling him he’s got a bad temper, … so cute.

- Greg interviewing the two ladies – the back & forth confession/babble scenes: it was kind of cute, but didn’t they just have that in one of the past few episodes with Nick interviewing someone?

- why did it not surprise me that they had Vartann on a case involving a ‘diet club’ and ‘bikini contest’? It makes me think back to “big middle” where some of his comments remind me of a ‘typical guy’. But, I totally understand why they had him on this case and Brass on Catherine’s case. Who else could scold Catherine in such a caring way?

- Oh, and I have to say that I knew Mrs Schiff would be a big suspect when I first saw her at the clinic giving Nick some of the information. That was way too obvious.

- Jere Burns – it’s been a while since I’ve seen you. I’ve missed you, man!

- The first 40 minutes of the episode went whizzing by. The last 20 minutes almost made me snooze.

- What’s with all of these ‘professionals’ not doing things by the book and going out on their own without telling the proper authorities? Cath not contacting Brass; Ray & Doc not contacting Nick or Cath about where they were going;

I really liked this ep.

Robbins out of the lab and Super Dave going solo. Good to see some progression and continuity popping up.

Cath is usually tough, but it was nice to see even she gets scared.

Wow a Greg butt shot, I like! :drool:

Plus the added tossing around of Hodges which was hilarious. And on the topic of the side case, love it as a break from the serious of the main case.

"I didn't know you could kill someone with a pork chop" :guffaw:

Robbins and Ray on the road trip with their jazz music loving, always nice to see then having fun.

Those are the highlight I remember thus far.

9/10. :bolian:

I enjoyed this episode tonight. It had a lot more humor than I thought it would given the commercials.

So, I think we finally learned Vartann's first name....Lou. Lou Vartann.....wasn't expecting that one.

One of those girls in Greg and Riley's story looked familliar....I'll have to go back and check the cast list.

Loved Nick as acting supervisor.

Did anybody find it ironic that Susan (the nurse), mentioned to Nick that Brent Kelly faked a back injury to get drugs given what we know about George's own very real back injury?

Loved the scenes with Doc and Ray and them quizzing each other on the jazz songs.

Wasn't it a few seasons ago that Greg was the test dummy? I seem to recall a weight belt and a dummy on top of him....bet he was glad not to be that anymore.

SuperDave was so adorable. "My wife calls me a snapping alligator." I wonder if we'll ever meet Mrs. Phillips?

Overall, good episode.

One of those girls in Greg and Riley's story looked familliar....I'll have to go back and check the cast list

I believe you're talking about Danielle Nicolet, who was in the season 2 episode, "Chaos Theory". :)

So, I think we finally learned Vartann's first name....Lou. Lou Vartann.....wasn't expecting that one.
yeah, that kind of freaked me out, actually. He just doesn't look like a "Lou". I'm wondering if they've made him into a Lieutenant, and that's why they called him "Lou"? They use that nickname on a lot of cop shows. I really hope that's not his name. It just doesn't fit him.

Back