The Fort for Nick?greg slash fans #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm ... I don't agree with why Greg would be upset over the burn victim. It makes no sense that he's freaking out just because he's a new CSI. That doesn't sit right with me.
The first time I saw it I figured it was because of Greg's own experience of being in an explosion. It's a traumatic experience and things that would remind Greg of it would definitely make him feel uncomfortable. The writers obviously don't even know their characters. Kind of disappointing, actually, seeing as I want the writers to maybe out the boys one day. If this is the way they handle things though ... I'd rather the boys stay in the closet. Together, preferrably.

Hmm ... I don't agree with why Greg would be upset over the burn victim. It makes no sense that he's freaking out just because he's a new CSI. That doesn't sit right with me.
The first time I saw it I figured it was because of Greg's own experience of being in an explosion. It's a traumatic experience and things that would remind Greg of it would definitely make him feel uncomfortable. The writers obviously don't even know their characters. Kind of disappointing, actually, seeing as I want the writers to maybe out the boys one day. If this is the way they handle things though ... I'd rather the boys stay in the closet. Together, preferrably.

Of course they're in the closet together, having fun ...:devil:

Anyway, I agree. The continuity sucks and the writer's don't really want to explore his character. I know he has the book and he had the whole DJ story line, but they could have done better. Just look at all the amazing fics out there!

Anyway, just for your viewing pleasure:
normal_4x19_124.jpg

(S4 Bad Words)

I remember someone here asked about the best subtext episode? Well, there are so many but I think it would be ... hm ... Fannysmackin'. Wow, that even surprised me. They're not even together in that episode yet Nick's reaction to Greg's beating was so intense. Yes, I think, it really proved how much he loves him.

Of course they're in the closet together, having fun ...:devil:

Anyway, I agree. The continuity sucks and the writer's don't really want to explore his character. I know he has the book and he had the whole DJ story line, but they could have done better. Just look at all the amazing fics out there!

Anyway, just for your viewing pleasure:
normal_4x19_124.jpg

(S4 Bad Words)

I remember someone here asked about the best subtext episode? Well, there are so many but I think it would be ... hm ... Fannysmackin'. Wow, that even surprised me. They're not even together in that episode yet Nick's reaction to Greg's beating was so intense. Yes, I think, it really proved how much he loves him.

Loving the picture...oh yes...I love Greg's face when Nick does this, how can you deny he wants him? thank you for the lovely lovely image of Nick and Greg having fun in a closet. Fantastic :devil:

I too love Nick's reaction in Fannysmackin'...but FS makes me so sad with Greg being hurt. My favourite subtext is a tie between Rashomama and Scuba Doobie Doo. But then again this changes week on week lol Rashomama is probably my all time favourite that I will watch over and over.

Wojo - good on you, I'd love to think that if enough of us wrote they might take the hint and give Greg the attention he deserves. I hate how they sideline him.

Thank god WMTDB is back up...I was suffering, knowing I had reviews I couldn't read and I even went fishing on FF.net for N/G stories and it's just not the same...so yeah I'm happy :)

I had a question by the way, from a few pages back, just an idle musing. There are 7/8 years between our guys right? (I'm never sure exactly) so, does anyone think that is ever an issue for them? I know it's not a massive gap especially once they are both in their thirties but I was just wondering, any thoughts? Maybe Greg keeps Nick young, who knows :p

Nat x

Wow I haven't been on here in a while. Okay first of all, I'd prefer Nick and Greg stay in the closet. The writers just wouldn't be able to handle it the way we want and people would get very angry. Look at GSR. They outed that relationship and look what happened; Sara left. I have to say though, some more subtext would make me very happy.

I got so excited yesterday because Who Shot Sherlock was on. The best part of that is definitely the end when they're all in Grissom's office. The subtext was just overwhelming.

I too would like Greg to have more of a story. He seems to get shoved off to the side all the time. Sure he's had his episodes but usually it's always the other CSI's who get the limelight. Even in Play With Fire, it was more about Sara than Greg. That's just not fair.

I noticed that Spike is no longer sticking to the actual episode guide. They're jumping around. Now normally I wouldn't mind this but I am desperate to see Rashomama. I know I could watch it on the internet but since my computer is lame and SOO slow, it would be too jumpy. Ugh.

Okay so the age gap... I don't think it would be a problem at all. Again look at GSR. There's what 14 years(I don't know if this is right) between those two? It's never been a problem for them so why should it be for Nick and Greg. Those two could get pass anything the writers through at them.

Umm ... I honestly don't think it's that big of a gap. The one between Sara and Grissom is debatable, it all depends on your preference, but the one between our boys isn't too bad. As many more important and famous people have said, "Love comes at any age and any time."
I dunno ... if the boys had outside friends it might be a bit awkward, but nothing too extreme. For some reason I don't really see any of the main characters having outside (of work) friends. Kind of sad, I know, but yeah. If Greg had his own age friends, they'd probably be out partying a lot and dancing and such. Nick ... well for one his friends would include Warrick and possibly some other cowboy types. Line dancing, anyone? Just kidding. I couldn't see Warrick line dancing anyways.
So, to stop my random ramblings ... nope. The age gap's okay with me xD

I don't think the age gap is that big either. I always thought it was closer to three years. .. I don't have Nick's bday. But I do have Greg's let me look it up.... Awww... darn. I took it off my calendar... which means it's sitting on a piece of paper in a whole different state right now. I'll have to find it when I see my parents next month.

As for WMTDB... thank God it's back up! I have the BEST reviews on there! I'm going to save them somewhere else so that I never loose them.

I really don't want to have to say this, but you're all probably write about the writer's ability to handle The Love on screen. I can't believe they forgot all about PWF like that... But I have to say, seriously, I am surprised they brought the book back, and he's getting interviews to have it published already? It seems so soon, like they want to get it out there asap before they forget, you know? Well, it's not like they could have it as a recurring something or other every other episode to remind us he's still working on it. But still.... *sigh* I think I'm rambling and I need some popcorn...

I read a fanfic the other day with Greg watching a horror movie with a huge bowl of popcorn and that's all I've ever wanted to do since. Though I don't have the horror movie, I think I might watch some Greg with my popcorn. And that's what I'm off to do after saving all those reviews! ttyl.

Umm ... I honestly don't think it's that big of a gap. The one between Sara and Grissom is debatable, it all depends on your preference, but the one between our boys isn't too bad. As many more important and famous people have said, "Love comes at any age and any time."
I dunno ... if the boys had outside friends it might be a bit awkward, but nothing too extreme. For some reason I don't really see any of the main characters having outside (of work) friends. Kind of sad, I know, but yeah. If Greg had his own age friends, they'd probably be out partying a lot and dancing and such. Nick ... well for one his friends would include Warrick and possibly some other cowboy types. Line dancing, anyone? Just kidding. I couldn't see Warrick line dancing anyways.

Hmm...I've just done a little research and it's actually 4 years, not 7, so you were right QOTU :wtf: (Greg born 1975 and Nick 1971) Somewhere I have got the idea there was a bigger age gap between them and I don't know where now *scratches head* maybe it's exaggerated because Greg is so young at heart and Nick can act like a bit of an old man sometimes (in the nicest possible way) So yeah, not much of a gap at all! I have no big thing about age gaps it was just an idle curiosity of mine. I am so very amused by the idea of Nick having 'line dancing friends' :lol:

I too don't see them having time for friends outside work, and they work such weird hours it would be difficult I think. I suppose that's why I believe that everyone on the team sees each other socially in one way or another.

I'm watching Stalker right now, and had forgotten how intense and subtexty the scene between them is at the beginning when Nick grabs Greg because he's angry with him for putting those posters everywhere. It's a little odd if there's no attraction there, there is no need for him to hold onto Greg like that, he could have just yelled at him, and Greg looks quite turned on by the whole thing if I'm honest. Such sexual tension mixed with frustration mixed with irritation, it's wonderful. Shame about Nick getting thrown out of a window shortly thereafter :(

I have been around saving all my reviews too QOTU, was gutted when I thought I'd lost them. lol.

Nat x

I really don't want to have to say this, but you're all probably write about the writer's ability to handle The Love on screen. I can't believe they forgot all about PWF like that... But I have to say, seriously, I am surprised they brought the book back, and he's getting interviews to have it published already? It seems so soon, like they want to get it out there asap before they forget, you know? Well, it's not like they could have it as a recurring something or other every other episode to remind us he's still working on it. But still.... *sigh* I think I'm rambling and I need some popcorn...

^-^ I was extremely surprised that they brought back the book. What's that? Some continuity? No way! I agree with you when you said that it seems like they're just putting out there and getting it out of the way so they don't forget. The writers and the producers seem to be somewhat forgetful in my eyes ... forgetting Play With Fire ... *grumbles to self* Humph.

I read a fanfic the other day with Greg watching a horror movie with a huge bowl of popcorn and that's all I've ever wanted to do since. Though I don't have the horror movie, I think I might watch some Greg with my popcorn. And that's what I'm off to do after saving all those reviews! ttyl.

^-^ Haha I think that'd be the one you reviewed for me, I think? And now you've got me wanting popcorn ... and wanting to watch Hide and Seek again ... even though I've seen that movie a bajillion times.

Hmm...I've just done a little research and it's actually 4 years, not 7, so you were right QOTU :wtf: (Greg born 1975 and Nick 1971) Somewhere I have got the idea there was a bigger age gap between them and I don't know where now *scratches head* maybe it's exaggerated because Greg is so young at heart and Nick can act like a bit of an old man sometimes (in the nicest possible way) So yeah, not much of a gap at all! I have no big thing about age gaps it was just an idle curiosity of mine. I am so very amused by the idea of Nick having 'line dancing friends' :lol:

^-^ Well, you learn something new everyday and I guess I just did. I'd always thought it was more than four or something. And it's soo true- Nick can act like an old man sometimes. But we love him anyways. xD And Nick having line dancing friends ... errr ... sorry but line dancing is forever a horrid event for me. My school made everyone line dance at Christmas so it's pretty awful. But soon I'm out of there and into high school! *does happy dance*

I'm watching Stalker right now, and had forgotten how intense and subtexty the scene between them is at the beginning when Nick grabs Greg because he's angry with him for putting those posters everywhere. It's a little odd if there's no attraction there, there is no need for him to hold onto Greg like that, he could have just yelled at him, and Greg looks quite turned on by the whole thing if I'm honest. Such sexual tension mixed with frustration mixed with irritation, it's wonderful. Shame about Nick getting thrown out of a window shortly thereafter :(

^-^ I absolutely LOVED Stalker. One of the greatest episodes, in my humble opinion. I tuned in right before Nick got tossed out a window and I don't really get the whole thing with the posters. Why'd Greg do that and what did the posters have on them?
I felt kind of bad for Nick after he got tossed out the window ... but he's tough and he'll mend. He does have a lot of crap happen to him over the years, same with Greg. But that's why our boys fit together so well: they help each other heal.

Well with Greg's book, I think it is possible he finished writing it in that amount of time. Some major authors can write 3-4 books a year. So Greg already trying to get his published does not feel rushed to me.

I think a lot of people think Nick was 7 years older than Greg because in real life George is 7 years older than Eric. But Nick is supposedly younger in the show. Actually all the characters, except for Greg are younger than their real life actors are, which I found to be odd a bit.

^-^ Haha I think that'd be the one you reviewed for me, I think? And now you've got me wanting popcorn ... and wanting to watch Hide and Seek again ... even though I've seen that movie a bajillion times.

Wow...this weirded me out a little because I too have read this exact fic just yesterday! I was hanging around FF.net because WMTDB was down and hey, My Last Chance, I really loved that story, bravo :thumbsup: I didn't review because I can't remember my login details for FF.net but I will try because it was great. And QOTU I would rather watch Greg with my popcorn too ;)

^-^ I absolutely LOVED Stalker. One of the greatest episodes, in my humble opinion. I tuned in right before Nick got tossed out a window and I don't really get the whole thing with the posters. Why'd Greg do that and what did the posters have on them?

Well, not really posters I suppose but a page from an in-house magazine that had done an article on Nick called 'Nick Stokes - Crimestopper' or something like that. He was really embarrassed about it and Greg pinned it up on the noticeboard and also gave copies to Sara and Warrick, who told Nick that it was Greg doing it. It doesn't really explain in the epi why Greg does it, which is weird...the only thing I can think of is that he's trying to get Nick's attention and also because he's quite impressed by him. I think it's sweet :p

And yeah, nice thought that Greg would be the one to help him after the whole getting-thrown-out-the-window-and-then-nearly-getting-shot-by-a-crazed-stalker extravaganza. lol.

Dizzney, I think you may be right - it makes sense I would have read somewhere about George and Eric's ages rather than Nick and Greg's. Thanks, 'cause it was driving me mad trying to figure out where I had gone wrong! I can also see Greg being a fast writer and getting his book finished...it's actually lovely to see the writers pick up something about Greg from a while back, it makes a change.

Nat x

Wow...this weirded me out a little because I too have read this exact fic just yesterday! I was hanging around FF.net because WMTDB was down and hey, My Last Chance, I really loved that story, bravo :thumbsup: I didn't review because I can't remember my login details for FF.net but I will try because it was great. And QOTU I would rather watch Greg with my popcorn too ;)

Well, not really posters I suppose but a page from an in-house magazine that had done an article on Nick called 'Nick Stokes - Crimestopper' or something like that. He was really embarrassed about it and Greg pinned it up on the noticeboard and also gave copies to Sara and Warrick, who told Nick that it was Greg doing it. It doesn't really explain in the epi why Greg does it, which is weird...the only thing I can think of is that he's trying to get Nick's attention and also because he's quite impressed by him. I think it's sweet :p

And yeah, nice thought that Greg would be the one to help him after the whole getting-thrown-out-the-window-and-then-nearly-getting-shot-by-a-crazed-stalker extravaganza. lol.

Nat x

Ah, yes, Stalker. Nice episode. Well, I'm with you, I think Greg just wanted to get Nick's attention and this was an opportunity too good to pass ;) Plus, do you remember when Warrick told him about Nick being angry? Greg was in the lab, reading a magazine with Pink on the cover, and Warrick was like "What are you doing?" and Greg said something along how great and hot Pink is. And Warrick's response to that I will always remember " I know someone who's hot too, but not in a good way" or something along that line. Anyway, Greg looked so pleased when he heard that:
normal_2x19_186.jpg

And just because Greg looks so happy in that pic:
normal_2x19_202.jpg

And Greg would have totally taken care of Nick. In every way possible :devil:. There are so many good stories that let them get together after Stalker ...

Well with Greg's book, I think it is possible he finished writing it in that amount of time. Some major authors can write 3-4 books a year. So Greg already trying to get his published does not feel rushed to me.

I think a lot of people think Nick was 7 years older than Greg because in real life George is 7 years older than Eric. But Nick is supposedly younger in the show. Actually all the characters, except for Greg are younger than their real life actors are, which I found to be odd a bit.

Its like a time warp coming back after being gone for a week. Anywho Nicky's birthday is August 18, 1971, so he is 37. Geggo's birthday is May 5, 1975 so hes 33. This is according Wikipedia. So its only a four year difference. Not that big a deal. I agree with Dizzney I don't think its too soon for Greggo to be publishing his book. I really hope they use it as a plot line in season nine. Get more Greggo time going on. I love those screen caps love_fan. Stalker is a great episode. The crime stopper thing always makes me laugh, I love it. I agree Greggo looks quite pleased to have Nicky's attention like that.

I love your avatar MsCatherineBrown!

It made me think of Fallen Idols. I love this episode and not just because of the great subtexty moments. Anyway, do you remember, Nick and Greg together, looking for evidence. Let me refresh you memory with some pics:

FallenIdols.jpg

and http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee38/love_fan_81/CSI/Season 7/717 Fallen Idols/fallenidols28.jpg

And then there is of course Greg trying to impress Nick with his sexual experience - yet again. Look at his smile:
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee38/love_fan_81/CSI/Season 7/717 Fallen Idols/fallenidols3.jpg

And Nick called him Casanova! Well he should know, shouldn't he?? :devil:

Oh yeah 'Fallen Idols', it was the first time Nick and Greg had any real decent screen time together in a very long time. I loved seeing them walking side by side.

AS for age, I agree the 4 yr gap is no big deal. Stalker is one of my fave eps too, poor Nicky. That dorky cable guy must have taken Nick by surprise because theres no way he could take Nick in a fair fight.

I want to see Greg's book story continued too, I am surprised that the writers gave it more than just a mere mention.

Last edited:
my_last_chance - LOL... yup, you're right. I think I read it, and slept on it, maybe a night or two, can't remember, and just that popcorn and horror movie idea stuck in my head for some reason. Sadly, I didn't get to fulfill my wish last night. I'm hoping again for tonight, but we'll see.

And you're all right about the book thing not taking too long. Hey, if I can do National Novel Writing Month in November (that's a whole novel in one month), two novel length fanfics along with a ton of shorter pieces and oneshots in a year... though fanfic takes no time at all to write and edit. Original work is so much harder... but then, he doesn't have to make anything up. So, yeah timewise it's cool. And if it's really good, I'm sure publishers would be jumping at the chance to publish his work!

I don't know why... but I find it so funny to think of Greg acting like a little kid sometimes and Nick acting like an old man... and of course I'm not being mean... it's just odd... lol.

I never really did understand that whole Crimestopper thing, and what it was all about either. Oh well. I never noticed that Greg really does look a little turned on. I think Nick's just busting his chops for everyone else's benefit.. you know? Wouldn't want the rest of the lab to think he's cool with Greg, the lowly lab rat, doing that. And yeah, I loved Warrick's line about knowing someone who's hot but not in a good way... maybe he does know about the two of them already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back