The Football Thread #4 - It Is Not Soccer

Yay! :D Liverpool have reached their 7th Champions League Final.

If Man Utd go through against AC Milan tomorrow, I will not be able to watch the Final. I'll have to go somewhere far away from a TV/radio/computer. I really cannot bear the tension that will surround that game!

i`m so happy that Liverpool move forward :D this two days are my best days from very long time.

hope the Champions League Final to be so great as game like this evening...and let the best win in the end :D

tomorow i`m for Man Unt *look around for flying object *, i just can`t stand the italian footbooll at all ;)

Pusher said:
i`m so happy that Liverpool move forward :D this two days are my best days from very long time.

hope the Champions League Final to be so great as game like this evening...and let the best win in the end :D

tomorow i`m for Man Unt *look around for flying object *, i just can`t stand the italian footbooll at all ;)

I agree with you about the Italian football. The fans are just so vicious. And anyways, AC Milan, we've been there, done that, lets beat Man United.

My nails are bitten down to the last after watching those penalties! Fantastic though, am so happy!

Did anyone hear Jose Mourinho after the match...and Steven Gerrard for that matter!

Jose insisted that Chelsea were the better team.

Stevie G said something to the effect of "Jose Mourinho, that's the way he is, he makes you laugh. It was a bit disrespectful calling us a small side though. 2 European Cup Finals in 3 years - not bad for a small side is it?"

Nice one :cool:

^ Yes, nice one Steven! ;) Thing is, when Mourinho says things like that, it only makes his opponents even more determined.

Once it went to penalties, I had a feeling Liverpool would win - at Anfield with the roar of the Kop behind them. :D As for the match, I didn't think Chelsea were the better team really. It was very tight and neither team deserved to lose.

Lucy said:
Yay! :D Liverpool have reached their 7th Champions League Final.

If Man Utd go through against AC Milan tomorrow, I will not be able to watch the Final. I'll have to go somewhere far away from a TV/radio/computer. I really cannot bear the tension that will surround that game!

And then ManU will kick some Liverpool's ass :p

I have to admit... last ManU - Milan game... I seriously gave up after first half :rolleyes: oh ffs how stupid mistakes and two amazing goals by Kaka. Watched sports news on the next day and was like "wtf?" :lol: Then it was shown again yesterday on Eurosport so then I saw the 2nd half as well :D Yayness!

On another note though, my true Red Anfield loving hubby thinks the Greek authorities are gonna be none to pleased about having both Man U and Liverpool fans descending on Athens. Poor baby went through hell last night......We're biased though as we have friends in Milan and we love Liverpool- Milan games, we have an international riot.

Well done Liverpool! :D

I didn't watch the match, but I heard to news this morning. I'm pleased Chelsea got knocked out *runs from Chelsea fans* :lol: :eek:

And then ManU will kick some Liverpool's ass :p
Hmm, maybe next year Ducky. ;)

AC Milan were awesome tonight. Kaka is just such a fantastic player. Anyway, bring on 23rd May! I'm not nearly so nervous about it now Liverpool don't have to face Man Utd. *phew*

Blah. I agree, Milan played so well and basicly stopped ManU before they got any good spots. And even corners were bit lame.

Did anyone see what happened between Scholes and Gattuso? Because I didn't and I want to know what caused such a big fuss

Ooooh I'm doin' a happy dance now......Although I think I'm gonna have to invest in a defibrulator(sp) for the final as I'm sure I'm gonna have to re-start hubby's heart a few times during the game..........if the titanic 4-3 clash from last time these two teams contested the final is to be even half way repeated.

DaWacko said:
Did anyone see what happened between Scholes and Gattuso? Because I didn't and I want to know what caused such a big fuss
Gattuso was furious at Man Utd for not giving the ball back to Milan after they had kicked it out of play so Kaka could receive treatment. Gattuso was booked for his protests and then gave Scholes all sorts of gestures afterwards.

Lucy said:
DaWacko said:
Gattuso was furious at Man Utd for not giving the ball back to Milan after they had kicked it out of play so Kaka could receive treatment. Gattuso was booked for his protests and then gave Scholes all sorts of gestures afterwards.

Yeah I noticed that they didn't give the ball back but didn't know the 'argument' was because of that... looked heated. I saw Gattuso getting mad :p and then the coach made smart move and took him out.

I really hate the injuries. First they look and crawl like they are dying there and a minute later they are running like normal players.. little cold spray there and we are fine :rolleyes: They should be carried away right away to the side and game should go on :|

Am in such a good mood, I forgot to come and post it!!!

We are there again and Utd are not :p

I'm with you Luce couldn't have stood it to be against Utd cause the implications if we lost would be horrible, at least now if the worst happens, I won't have any of my school kids gloating!!!!

Milan are still a better side than us I think but look what happened last time, I'm really looking forward to it :lol:

Where has this thread been hiding :p

I would have loved an all North West Champions League Final but it wasn't to be. I think in hidnsight for the sake of European Football I think its the best outcome tbh. I would not like to be in the Athens Police Force on May 23rd it if had of been Man U V Liverpool. I think the stadium would probably need rebuilding :lol:.

I live in a town 20 miles from Liverpool and 20 Miles from Manchester and its a split Man U/Liverpool aleegence and I wouldn't have watched the match in a pub round my way for a gold pig. It doesn't take much to start a fight about football in these parts so a champions league final would send them over the edge.

I had ever intention in going to Liverpool to watch the final in a bar there with some friends but seeing as though its now AC Milan in the Final, my lil ole town of Wigan is now safe to go to the pub again :lol:

There are more Liverpool and Man Utd fans in Wigan than there are Wigan Athletic fan. Wigan fans are the worst in thw world. The only reason they go to watch games at the JJB is to see the visitng team :lol: They deserve to go DOWN

So I finally found this thread!

I support my boys Blackburn Rovers, always have, always will. It's in my blood. Love them to death!!

My fav player is Mr Robbie Savage, most people probs don't like him but I adore him. Works his ass of every match without fail, always gives 110%. Gutted he broke his leg. Sniffles.

I always look out for Liverpool too, dunno why, always liked them. They lookin good for next season. Speshly if they get Henry. Phew, a force to be rekoned with eh?!

SOOOO happy Chelsea didn't win anything. Hardy har, Jose is a goon.

What do you guys think about West Ham? I think its utter BS, I really wanted them to go down, got quite a hatrid towards them this season. Bloody Teves and Neill. GRRR!

Back