The Fan Art Forum Guide - Rules/Tuts./Questions *updated 10-05

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by cofi_shot, Oct 1, 2006.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That's weird. What version of IE are you using?

2. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

Pretty sure it's IE7.

Still having the same problem with the LJ today :(.

3. GregNickRyanFan

Same IE version I have. It was loading a little slower for me earlier today, but I tried it just now and it loaded fine.

Are you using AOL or another kind of dial-up?

I remember when I was using AOL I had problems with bestbuy's website all of a sudden. Sounds a lot like how LJ is doing for you. But once I got DSL, I had no more issues with bestbuy's website.

4. shazza_018

Never used dial-up ever which is why I find it more weird, but it's working again, so I don't care anymore but I'm still curious to know why it was like that for a while.

5. GregNickRyanFan

Is anyone else having trouble with deviant art? It says "internal server error" whenever I click on any link to any deviant art page.

6. shazza_018

Okay my graphics have been hotlinked and my bandwidth exceed, everything should be back up by the 6th of next month but I got an email for a free trial of Photobucket Pro, here's the link:
    http://www.trialpay.com/checkout/?c=nxew78&tid=A7Dnf22&loop=1
    But when I type my details into the boxes it's just goes blank again, I don't understand why that is. I'm a little confused :confused:.
    Help anyone please?

7. GregNickRyanFan

Quick Question:

When I use Microsoft Picture It, I can insert a texture/background into the text on something. Is there any way to do this in Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro? I can enter a texture in Photoshop into the outline/highlight around a text, but not in the text itself.

8. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

In Photoshop, it's 'Pattern Overlay' under Layer Effects or Layer Styles.

9. GregNickRyanFan

10. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

i think this is the right place for it, if not i apologize ha. i made a tutorial over at my livejournal., and since it's a csi one i though i'd share.
    going from:
    [​IMG] to [​IMG] to [​IMG]
    found here

11. shazza_018

^Wow awesome, will try it out later Ash! :)

12. misshelgenberger

misshelgenberger Rookie

I have a question :D, my computer thinks that photoshop is a virus - stupid i no- so i have paint shop pro instead, can i transfer tutorials and various techniques that you use on photoshop to paint shop as i have heard that they are practically the same thing.

13. happyharper13

I'm not sure if this would be more appropriate as a discussion question, but it's something I've been wondering about lately --

How do you guys go about finding communities on LiveJournal to post with? Do you create your own, create your own with one or more other makers, join others or just post at your personal journal? I've been looking for one to post with, but I can never find ones where makers have similar interests and where the community is accepting new makers, and I'm not sure about starting a new community, though I know for a fact that I don't want to start a new one on my own, as I just don't want to have to put that much time and effort in to make it worth it.

Aw, that sucks that your computer doesn't approve of PS :(. In terms of transfering tuts and techniques, it depends on the function you're trying to mimic.

I'm not as familiar with PSP, but I thought you should have Channel Mixer, no? Some aspects of Selective Coloring won't be translatable. To my knowledge, if the Selective Coloring calls for Black, Neutral/Grey and/or White, it won't be translatable, but, if it's just changing the colors, you should be able to use Channel Mixer.

With channel mixer, the following formula (multiply every number as you see fit) makes it brighter and makes all colors stand out, just as the following Selective Color formula does about the same thing:

Channel Mixer

Reds:
    Red: 110
    Blue: -5
    Green: -5

Greens:
    R: -5
    G: 110
    B: -5

Blues:
    R: -5
    G: -5
    B: 110

Selective Color:
    Reds:
    R: 10
    Y: 10
    M: 10

Yellows:
    G: 10

Magentas:
    B: 10

Blues:
    C: 10

Greens:

Cyans:

I would recommend checking out this LiveJournal group to get a sense of what you can do. Check the archive there first, as they don't like answering questions again that have already been answered. Also check the tutorials listed for Paint Shop Pro and the other tips for PSP there. You can also sort tutorials and other things there by which tools (e.g. channel mixer, color balance, et al) are involved, and go for tools available on PSP. I am absolutely sure that they have guides for translating from Photoshop tutorials to PSP. Good luck!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  14. happyharper13

Sorry for the double post. I also have a tutorial, though the icon involved isn't a CSI one. If you want, I can post it somewhere else (just not sure where).

[​IMG]

Difficulty: Medium-Hard
    Translatable: Yes. The 'Effects' part is definitely translatable, and the 'Coloring' part is translatable to any program that has Channel Mixer.

-Coloring includes Channel Mixer, Difference layer and Auto-Color.
    -Effect includes the Polygonal Lasso selection tool (though pretty much any basic selection tool on any other program should work) and Layer Effects.

--> Tutorial here <--

15. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

Does anyone know a really really cool wallpaper tutorial? I need ideas to make one, and it's really important :p

Thank you in advance :D