The Fan Art Forum Guide - Rules/Tuts./Questions *updated 10-05

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by cofi_shot, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

GNRFan, I got the same email today, as did Princess. I don't think it's a coincidence that everyone got one at the same time. I think they're just trying to scare us into paying for the service.

Actually, they aren't saying you have reached your limit of pics. They're saying you've reached your bandwidth limit for the month. It will reset at the end of your cycle (the date was in the email).

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I just went there to upload something and there was a bar across the upload box that said "you have reached your storage limit". But, I check my email and see if I got one and what it says.

Crap... I wish I had asked before I went deleting stuff. :lol: Thanks for the info though. :)

If they're just trying to scare people into paying, they may lose a lot of business that way. People don't like to be bullied.

ETA: just checked my email and I didn't get an email from them.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  3. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

If your bandwidth is exceed which alot of people are getting, it's most likely your images are being hotlinked and it's nothing you do with the amount of images you have so it's not a money making scam on photobuckets part. I got that email today aswell. Just try and say to people nicely when you post your icons to upload them to their own server. Uploading to a site like tinypics also helps as your as less likely to get hotlink or reach your limit. I hate hotlinkers. :rolleyes:

4. GregNickRyanFan

It didn't say bandwidth though, it said "storage limit". Claims I had more than 500MB in my folders, but I checked a day earlier and there was 300 something. So, their counter is either screwy now or was then (when it said 300) which is possible because it's done with computers which are not always without error. :lol: I deleted a bunch of stuff from my albums (and several albums too that I didn't particularly need anymore) and it went down some to 500 something... but the other day I got an email from them that said "Welcome to Photobucket Pro, thanks for upgrading". Thing is, I never upgraded. :confused: But, I'm not going to complain. If they want to give me a free year with pro, that's perfectly fine with me. :lol:

I tried tinypics before and could not get it to work properly for me. I think I still have an account there though. :lol: I do have imageshack though, which is what I was using when Photobucket wouldn't let me upload anything else. :lol:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
  5. shazza_018

That's weird, ha must be a technical glich or something :lol:.

Oh with tinypics you can only upload one image at a time so it's a bit tedious, there's also imageshack which alot of people use too.

6. GregNickRyanFan

I have imageshack. I accidently put image station by mistake. :lol: Don't know why I did that, I must be tired lol. there used to be a site called image station and I did have an account with them, but they closed the site.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
  7. GregNickRyanFan

Does anyone know why my animated icons/sigs always end up looking grainy? It happens whether I use Animation Shop or photoscape. Anyone know how to fix this? It didn't use to happen with Animation Shop and I can't figure out why it's doing it now. I didn't do anything different at all.

Everyone else's animated stuff doesn't look grainy, but mine does. :confused:

8. Half

Half CSI Level Two

GNRF just reminded me that there is actually a thread for asking questions about fanart-related things. I'm an idiot.

Anyway. I've seen several members that have banners that are also links. How do you do this? Is it a specific image code, or is it something that has to do with the image file itself?

9. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

We're always learning new things :lol:

I, personally, only put the banner, click on it or select it, whatever, click in the icon to put links (the one with earth on it, or something) and paste the link. Ta da, it's done :)

Hope it helps!

10. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

11. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Okay, thanks, I'll try it. I love that both answers are really, really easy and yet I never thought of them. Eh, that's what the thread's for, right? :lol:

ETA: Woot, it worked.

You're right, that was ridiculously easy.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  12. GregNickRyanFan

I've tried, but I can't figure out how to do that. :lol: I've clicked on the help thing for Animation Shop and can't find out how to do it. :lol:

13. shazza_018

Does anyone know what's up with the LJ?
    It's taking forever to load, and not really letting me access my journal properly :confused:.

14. GregNickRyanFan

Shazza, I just tried LJ just now and it's working, so maybe it was just a temporary thing. I didn't try it earlier though.

15. shazza_018

That's weird I still can't seem to access it, it's taking forever to load :confused:.
    Never had a problem like this with it before. Anyone have any ideas why this might be, it's only with the LJ that I'm having this problem.

ETA:
    It's loaded but here's what my screen looks like:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009