The Fan Art Forum Guide - Rules/Tuts./Questions *updated 10-05

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by cofi_shot, Oct 1, 2006.

1. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

Waaaaah!! *does happy dance* :D
    That's awesome!!!!!! Thank youuuu sweetie!!! :D

2. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

You're welcome! That was my first tut and I made it just for you!!! :D

3. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

hey....hope someone can help me....at one time i was getting stuff at a website called misplace moments/uk.....I found the link but.....everytime I click on it it won't take me to it.....do u know if it no longer exists or has it moved? thx for the help....

Never mind....I found what I was looking 4....thx anyway

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  4. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I hope this is the right place to put this :) You can delete this post if you feel it doesn't fit.

I've noticed in some challenges etc that the text used on icons is questionable. The challenge runners have even put in the rules not to use vulgar text. I've seen some icons posted that have used the words b@@ch, s@it, f@@@ etc.. I was wondering if someone could tell me and the others what words are/are not allowed to use on an icon.

Thanks!

5. cathwillows

I need help PLEASE!

I opened Photoshop, created a new canvas 100x100, added a texture and wanted to add a brush. But all I get is the Hand Tool, no matter what I select. I can select the brush tool, the move tool, etc but when I draw over the canvas, I only see the hand... :confused: I already closed an re-opened PS, didn't help. What can I do? I hope someone can help me :(

6. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Hmm... well, you can try restarting your computer, but I don't know what that will do. Otherwise, the only thing I can think of is to reinstall the program :( Hope you can get it fixed!

7. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

That kind of sounds like you switched the layer mask mode. Try clicking on the layer and then going to 'Layer' --> 'Add Layer Mask'. See if you can draw on the layer mask.

8. cathwillows

Thanks for your help.

Somehow it miraculously went back to normal. I didn't have to do anything. I just minimized PS, went to write my previous post, checked other stuff, opened the PS window again and it was back to normal :confused: Well, I'm happy now! :D

9. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Seems you have it fixed, but I'll give you some advice. I've encountered times where my computer will be put into 'caps lock' mode and some brushed will not load or work properly when the computer is in caps lock. Also make sure your blank canvas doesn't have a funky resolution, I'd make sure it's at 72ish at all times, sometimes they get really weird :lol:

10. cathwillows

^^ Okay thanks, I'll keep an eye on it. :)

11. cathwillows

Sorry for the double post, but the problem I described in my earlier post has returned! :confused:

these are my settings

[​IMG]

I selected the Rectangular Marquee Tool (1.) but all I get is the Hand Tool (2.). I have added a layer mask but still the only thing I get is the Hand Tool. I can't move the picture, I can't do anything with it...WEIRD! As I just noticed, after a few minutes, approx. 10, it goes back to normal. Does anybody know what's going on? This never happened before.

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

cathwillows, I just now had that same problem in Photoshop 7. This is the first time I've ever had the problem. I'm wondering if maybe it's because the picture you're trying to edit is too large (mine was from my digital camera which makes pics super huge)? Maybe try making it a little bit smaller by going to image > resize and see if that solves the problem. I closed my photoshop out. I'm going to re-open it now and see if the issue is fixed.

ETA: Re-opening the program seemed to work.

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  13. cathwillows

^^ Thanks for the advice, but when I closed and re-opened it, it didn't work. It's really strange. But it seems to go back to normal if I do nothing and just do other stuff....then go back to PS and it works... :confused: I guess it's a glitch and we just have to live with it :rolleyes:

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Are you using version 7 as well? Or do you have a different version?

15. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

This happens in Photoshop and Photoshop Elements. It is so annoying.

They only way to fix it is to do this.

Hold down Alt, Ctrl, and Shift keys (Mac: Command, Option, Shift) while starting up Photoshop. A dialog box will appear asking if you wish to delete the preferences file. Delete the preference file.

It will reset everything, but it's the only way to fix it and, oh, right this down because you'll have to do it again, eventually. :rolleyes: