The Fan Art Forum Guide - Rules/Tuts./Questions *updated 10-05

I used to use .jpg, but whenever I uploaded them to photobucket, they lost some of the colour (faded). I switched to .png and haven't had that problem since.

If I have the original as jpeg so that I can resize with resize2mail.com and then change them to pngs and upload them to photobucket will the color stay the same as when I originally made them in jpegs or will it get better?

guys i have a question:
Do anyone know of a program that's download able but its not that complicated to use?
i ask this because I am thinking of joining the Fan art challenges in here.

guys i have a question:
Do anyone know of a program that's download able but its not that complicated to use?
i ask this because I am thinking of joining the Fan art challenges in here.

I would recommend Gimp. It takes a little getting used to, but it works very well. Maybe a day or so of playing around and you can make stuff close to as well as on Photoshop.

I also recomment GIMP, it's a little hard at the begginning but if you start to see tutorials on youtube or in some community, it'd be easy then ;) I used GIMP for 3 or 4 months and now I work on Photoshoop :D And it's very similar, if you work well on GIMP you can, basicly, do art like in photoshop :)

That's a question I've been wondering too :lol:
When I do both things, the 'effect' it's the same... Is it different?

Opacity is usually kind of see through if you have it set right. Like it only puts a thin layer of color on the project. At least that's what I've noticed.

I need help guys :p

Ok, I use Photoshoop for a month, and sice then, I never figured out how to make animations in it. Is it possible to make in Photoshoop? I think it is, I just don't know how :lol:
btw, I use Photoshoop CS3 ;)

Thank you so much Shazza :D:D

*hugs you*

I already learned how to make animations, don't need the tutorial anymore :D

Last edited:
I figure that this is probably a pretty common problem, but my pictures always look different in photoshop than they do once I've uploaded them to photobucket (specifically in terms of coloring and lighting, as they always look a lot lighter on photobucket). Is this a common problem and is there anything I can do about this?

Also, I get what opacity is (I think), but I'm still kind of lost on what makes the fill effect different from opacity.

I figure that this is probably a pretty common problem, but my pictures always look different in photoshop than they do once I've uploaded them to photobucket (specifically in terms of coloring and lighting, as they always look a lot lighter on photobucket). Is this a common problem and is there anything I can do about this?

What file type do you save them as? When I had this problem, I started saving them as png, and haven't had that problem since :)

What file type do you save them as? When I had this problem, I started saving them as png, and haven't had that problem since :)

I've been saving them as PNGs. I tried saving them as JPEGs at one point as well, and it didn't change a thing, which is why I'm starting to wonder if it might have something to do with some sort of setting on photoshop that I accidentally toggled while playing around with the program.

Back