The Eh? Team: Canadian Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
You drink Pop, not Soda.
Okay, this is a pet peeve of mine. My boyfriend always says 'soda' and it drives me NUTS. Whenever he says like, "Can you pass me a soda?" I'm all "Hells no. Here in Canada we don't HAVE soda. If you would like a pop, I'd be happy to get you one of those." heh.

I say soda too and I don't know why, or even how I picked it up. People look at me strangely all the time and then I correct myself but it never sticks. I go right back to "soda" every time. Come to think of it, I also say "sofa" instead of couch like most other Canadians. Maybe I just lean towards two syllable words containg "so"? :D

That list is fantabulous. Especially about how Lloyd Robertson is sexy. Hm, not sure I'd go that far but I do believe Matt Damon is so-so. :lol:

I really loved the bit about Jeopardy. :D

:lol: I remember that Speed! Trying to explain how to pronounce Saskatchewan and a few other places to an American friend of ours.. :p We were talking to Jess, right? Or is this another event that I have forgotten?

:D Thanks for posting that Jorja. It's funny about how much of that stuff is true!

No problem guys :). I'm glad you all enjoyed the list even if it was super long. My favourite one has to be...

You stepped on someone's foot. You apologize, then apologize for making them apologize.

:lol: I do even the opposite so if somebody steps on my foot I'm the first one to apologize. As for the whole soda vs. pop thing I say pop. I dunno, the word soda sounds funny to me.

*eta* Since I figure that all the Canadians who post in here are female I guess I can post this:

canadiankickasssm.jpg

:D I want a shirt with that saying.

You're welcome :). Here are some more Canadian jokes to make your day:

The difference between a New Yorker seeing his CAR being
vandelized & a Canadian seeing HIS car being vandelized is:

The New Yorker will yell "EH!!!! What you think yur DOING??"
The Canadian will yell "What you think you're doing EH!!???"
-----

On the sixth day God turned to Archangel Gabriel and said:
"Today I am going to create a land called Canada, it
will be a land of outstanding natural beauty. It shall
have tall majestic mountains full of mountain goats and
eagles, beautiful sparkling lakes bountiful with bass
and trout, forests full of elk and moose, high cliffs
over-looking sandy beaches with an abundance of sea life,
and rivers stocked with salmon."

God continued, "I shall make the land rich in oil so
as to make the inhabitants prosper, I shall call these
inhabitants Canadians, and they shall be known as the
most friendly people on the earth."

"But Lord," asked Gabriel "don't you think you are
being too generous to these Canadians?"

"Not really," replied God "just wait and see the
neighbors I am going to give them."
-----

Top Ten Reasons For Being Canadian

10. Only country to successfully invade the US and burn its capital to the ground.

9. Own-an-Eskimo scheme.

8. Kill Grizzly bears with huge frigging shotguns and cover your house in their skins.

7. Only country to successfully invade the US and burn its capital to the ground.

6. A political leader can admit to smoking pot and his/her popularity ratings will rise.

5. Where else can you travel 1000 miles over fresh water in a canoe?

4. Only country to successfully invade the US and burn its capital to the ground.

3. You can play hockey 12 months a year, outdoors.

2. Only country to successfully invade the US and burn its capital to the ground.

1. It beats being an American.

:lol: How do people come up with this stuff?

I go to google & type in "Canadian jokes". However, this one has to be the funniest joke that I posted all day:

A truly Canadian Apology to the USA, courtesy of Rick Mercer from This Hour Has 22 Minutes, CBC Television:

Hello. I'm Anthony St. George on location here in Washington.

On behalf of Canadians everywhere I'd like to offer an apology to the United States of America. We haven't been getting along very well recently and for that, I am truly sorry. I'm sorry we called George Bush a moron. He is a moron, but it wasn't nice of us to point it out. If it's any consolation, the fact that he's a moron shouldn't reflect poorly on the people of America. After all, it's not like you actually elected him.

I'm sorry about our softwood lumber. Just because we have more trees than you, doesn't give us the right to sell you lumber that's cheaper and better than your own. It would be like if, well, say you had ten times the television audience we did and you flood our market with great shows, cheaper than we could produce. I know you'd never do that.

I'm sorry we beat you in Olympic hockey. In our defence I guess our excuse would be that our team was much, much, much, much better than yours. As word of apology, please accept all of our NHL teams which, one by one, are going out of business and moving to your fine country.

I'm sorry about our waffling on Iraq. I mean, when you're going up against a crazed dictator, you want to have your friends by your side. I realize it took more than two years before you guys pitched in against Hitler, but that was different. Everyone knew he had weapons.

I'm sorry we burnt down your White House during the War of 1812. I see you've rebuilt it! It's very nice.

I'm sorry for Alan Thicke, Shania Twain, Celine Dion, Loverboy, that song from Seriff that ends with a really high-pitched long note. Your beer. I know we had nothing to do with your beer, but we feel your pain.

And finally on behalf of all Canadians, I'm sorry that we're constantly apologizing for things in a passive-aggressive way which is really a thinly veiled criticism. I sincerely hope that you're not upset over this. Because we've seen what you do to countries you get upset with.

For 22 minutes, I'm Anthony St. George, and I'm sorry.

:lol: I just adore Canadian humour.

:lol: jorja_fan I loved that bit from Rick Mercer. It was truly hilarious! :D Thanks for posting that, along with all the other Canadian humor. You sure lightened the mood around here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back