The Did you know...? Thread

Re: The Did You Know Thread

I just read the tv guide interview with Dc and oh yeah- he really does belive in H-- and is totally gungho on the whole show CSIM- in fact he was very sweet about how much he appreciates the fans and how much he cares about the show--these are some interesting tidbits you all told us-- and i did not know about his vision BUT it explains a lot-- DC is not just being cutesy when he cocks his head to the side- he is trying to see---- PS- does the actor really put his hands on his hips a lot-- or is that just something he decided to do as H on the show?

katbug said:
June_85 said:
I soooooooooo never knew about the Jon Togo/The Bravery connection.

Thats my intresting fact I've learnt for today. They are pretty succesfull over here in the UK, I have their alb on my iPod.
One of their songs featured in CSI:NY's 'Bad Beat'
What is the bravery connection you are talking about? I cannot find the original post or just missing it completely. Thanks!
Thanks! Makes sense that it went over my head as I have no idea who that group is!

csi_pinoy said:
who is he in there? is he the victim's boyfriend?

No...his character's name is Pete. He works in the store that Sean Penn's character owns/operates.

So the reason Horatio is always tilting his head to the side or turns his body to the side is b/c DC has a vision problem and has to turn his head that way so he can see?

delkolover said:
So the reason Horatio is always tilting his head to the side or turns his body to the side is b/c DC has a vision problem and has to turn his head that way so he can see?
I am guessing you haven't read this thread from page 1. If you had, you will have seen this reply.

hamstermoon said
Here's something I occasionally come on here and mention ... not done it for some time so I thought I might explain again ...

Mr Caruso has an esotropic hypotropic form of strabismus in his right eye ...

For the uninitiated that means he can't look straight at someone or down at them without his right eye sliding inwards and giving him double vision.

His hyperopia (far-sightedness) doesn't really help (reading glasses do though) and for Horatio to manage (as he doesn't wear them) he either has to tilt his head when looking at someone or get lower than them so he can look up at them. Check out a few publicity shots and you'll see what I mean about the peering upwards.

All of this creates some really interesting body postures as part of the character - including the looking off in the distance when talking to someone (its easier than having to fight to focus and get a headache).

In my little honest opinion that's why he stopped doing close work in the lab several seasons ago. While they (the directors and camera people) are however managing to cover it better and better these days and you don't see it so obviously on screen he's getting older and the far-sight is getting worse making it harder on the poor gent.

What he really needs is prescription varifocal lenses in those famous shades - but then being a sufferer of a version of what he has (I am exotropic hypertropic) he's my hero for getting on in life with the complaint.

did you know that the date on Marisol's grave is wrong. it says she was born in 1978, which is impossible because she is older than Eric. and Eric's birth year is 1976 acording to all the online biogaphies.

and did you know Eric's online name is 6pakplaya2nite according to the ep Killer date. if you look closely at his PDA when he's texting you can see it.

Did you know that about 10 minutes into "Burned" it shows a clip of the front of the crime lab, only there is one MAJOR problem: Marisol is in it! It's from the episode where she gets held up at the spa. I know that CSI uses archive clips, but come on!

CaRWash_Cutie
Are you freakin' serious?!?! :lol:
I'm going to have to check that out...*heads to Innertube*

hahah i can`t believe ..... yes we have Aerosol in 11:03 min of epi Burned :eek: i see dead peoples :lol:

thanks CaRWash_Cutie for point this out...hahah big fun :lol:

Maybe we can ask the Ghost Whisperer to get Aerisol to go into the light.

OMG, she is there, Marisol, I'll be damned. maybe we will see one with Clavo Cruz next. That would be funny too

Owh good I'm not the only one who noticed it lol. "I see dead people"

Back