The CSI: Miami 'I Have A Question' thread.NO SPOILERS PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The CSI: Miami 'I Have A Question' thread.NO SPOILERS PL

Thanks for all the info, guys! I appreciate it. :)

I have a question about 'Prey' episode from season 4, Horatio is protecting a girl named Jennifer willson.. her parents were killed in NY i think, right?

so I don't remember seeing her in the past CSI Miami episode!!!! maybe her story was on CSI NY??? I want to know more about her background if she has lol (before 'Prey')

Her parents were killed when Horatio was NYPD and Horatio was the cop who worked the case. You'll learn about it throught season four.

oh, i see :) okay thanks .. I'll watch the rest of Season 4 and then I'll ask again if there is something I don't understand :p

Hiiii I have a stupid question , what does GSR mean?
I know it mean GunShot (...) what? .. sometimes Horatio tells his team to find GSR in the scene :D

Composition of Gunshot Residue

Firing a weapon produces combustion of the primer and powder of the cartridge. The residue of the combustion products, or unburned primer or powder components, can be used to detect a fired cartridge. Residue may be found on the skin or clothing of the person who fired the gun, on an entrance wound of a victim, or on other target materials at the scene. The discharge of a firearm, particularly a revolver, can deposit residues even to persons at close proximity, so interpretations as to who fired the weapon should be made with caution. (Thornton, 1986)

That and more information can be found at www-medlib.med.utah.edu

Dynamo1 at the reference desk

coool :cool: thanks aloooooooot both of you :D
ok here is another question it may sound weird but I'll copy and paste this thing and ask you about it:

in CSI MIAMI credits The actors' names morph out of equations:
4y - 1 = 3b(Nh) becomes David Caruso
3a1 - x =(A9Xy) becomes Emily Procter
3b + N =7bn1(6A) becomes Adam Rodriguez
X - T4a = (7h)3XyNh becomes Khandi Alexander
(3h) + (7b) = 6m becomes Rory Cochrane
A1b + B2c = R4 becomes Kim Delaney
(7b) = 6m + (3h) becomes Jonathan Togo

how do they become their name? is it maths or chemistry !! I tried to read the numbers and the letters they don't match their names lol :lol:
how 4y - 1 = 3b(Nh) becomes David Caruso?? :confused: did you try to solve this? :p

these equations are taken from Amazon website

I think it's more of a random equation, rather than an actual math or chemistry equation.

With season 5 starting tomorrow (yeah!), I just want to clarify something: no spoilers for future eps are allowed, but spoilers for past episodes are okay, right? For example, after tomorrow's ep. airs, we're allowed to ask anything, spoilery or not, about that ep., correct?

That's correct yes, but we do request that questions and discussion relating to the premiere 'Rio' are posted in the thread designated for that episode here.

For all Season 5 episodes, there will be a thread specially opened for that episode.

Technically, once an episode has aired in all US time zones, info about that episode is no longer considered spoilerish. :)

Please keep in mind that some people in other countries may not have seen the new episodes yet. It takes a few months for them to get the new season. There are members here from England, Germany, China, Australia, Brazil, Finland, Japan, Italy, Spain, and many more.

Technically, once an episode has aired in all US time zones, info about that episode is no longer considered spoilerish.

Cool. So, basically, we can ask questions about tomorrow's ep in this thread later this week (basically, when it gets closer to the second ep)?

Dynamo1 said:
Please keep in mind that some people in other countries may not have seen the new episodes yet. It takes a few months for them to get the new season. There are members here from England, Germany, China, Australia, Brazil, Finland, Japan, Italy, Spain, and many more.

^Or few years ;)

Yeah, you can ask the question about the new episode, as Lucy said, when it's aired everywhere in US.

I guess still many use some kind of ***spoiler warning for season 5 premiere*** just in case that foreigns (there's a lots of us in here) don't get spoiled.
It's your choise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back