The Buffy Thread

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by CSIannalysse, May 21, 2005.

?

Whose memoir would you read? (You may choose more than 1)

1. Mac Taylor

32 vote(s)
    48.5%
  2. Stella Bonasera

25 vote(s)
    37.9%
  3. Don Flack

29 vote(s)
    43.9%
  4. Danny Messer

22 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. Lindsay Monroe

11 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. Sheldon Hawkes

18 vote(s)
    27.3%
  7. Sid Hammerback

23 vote(s)
    34.8%
  8. Adam Ross

24 vote(s)
    36.4%
  9. Jessica Angell

6 vote(s)
    9.1%
  10. Other (please specify)

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. lal

lal Pathologist

hi i was wondering why that poll was in this thread as well

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The poll thing is just some kind of technical glitch. It happened with another thread too in shipper central after voting it directs you to the music board. :lol:

3. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

The poll was in another thread but when you voted in it than it showed the results and takes you to this thread - which I think is the main reason people started posting in this thread again :lol:

4. JLo10131121

JLo10131121 Witness

My God I used to love Buffy, classic early three - four seasons Buffy, primarily when Angel was still there. Sorry B/S fans, I was addicted to Angel/Angelus. Willow and Oz. And of course Zander and Anya. I'm STILL pissed Anya was killed off. And I hated Tara. Some of my favorite eppys - Angel, Hush, Becoming 1&2, Graduation 1&2, the Body for obvious reasons, and once I saw it - Once More With Feeling.

As for Angel - I watched the first season, but then lost interest quickly, especially when Doyle was killed off and may the actor's soul rest in peace (he died of a drug or alcohol overdose I think...) The finale for Buffy rocked but Angel's sucked. I mean, really, giving up your Shanshu? Or whatever it was called? So freakin' lame....

5. GregNickRyanFan

What's a Shanshu? I didn't watch the Angel finale cause I read they killed off Wes and Lindsey. Wes is bad enough, but Lindsey? I love CK... even if Lindsey was kind of a bad guy... he got not so bad toward the end and was helping them and then they killed him off? They should have killed off Gunn like they was in the original script. I couldn't stand him after "This Old Gang Of Mine". He was kind of self-righteous in that ep and it turned me off his character all together.

Buffy definitely had a good finale, but I'm glad they brought Spike back to Angel. :lol: And yeah, they should not have killed Anya off. They should have killed off Andrew instead. He was annoying. :lol:

6. Kohoutek

Kohoutek Prime Suspect

Ooh, you should read the Angel comics then!! It makes the finale of Angel seem less terrible - gives the story more of a conclusion. Only it doesn't because the story is ongoing!! :)

And they can still feature Lorne. :(

7. GregNickRyanFan

Hmm... are you saying that they kill Gunn off in the comics? :lol: I don't really read comics that much anymore. I read the first couple of Buffy ones, but then just got tired of them. :lol: Now the only ones I read are ones that have to do with the main character from Evil Dead/Army of Darkness. :lol:

I saw an ad for a Buffy comic that said "get the real truth behind Faith and Giles' hookup". I was like :wtf: please tell me they didn't hook up intimately. :lol:

8. Kohoutek

Kohoutek Prime Suspect

Good call on the Ash/Bruce Campbell comics. The man is a modern day icon! I've never read them though, are they good? I heart the films. :thumbsup:

I can't say I'm up to date on the Angel comics, but we find out Gunn was vamped in the series finale. I think he either gets staked or cured a few books into the comics. Wes comes back as a ghost (when he signed up with Wolfram and Hart, the small print was that the contract lasted after death) and Illyria is being overcome by human emotions, which, whenever she gets overwhelmed (like seeing Wesley again) means that she turns into Fred.

I'm not sure about the Faith/Giles thing except there was one issue where it just cut to London and Faith was working for Giles. So I guess the whole "hook up" thing is explaining how that came about. I hope. :lol:

9. GregNickRyanFan

Thanks for that explanation. I feel much better about the Faith/Giles thing now. :lol: I wish that ad had used a different word. :lol:

The comics with Ash were Jason/Freddy vs Ash. I think there were five of them and yep, they were really good. Then there was another series with Marvel or DC characters (Spiderman, etc) where they were all zombies or something and Ash had to fight them all cause he went through the wrong portal or something and ended up in this alternate universe where all the superheroes were zombies. It was pretty cool. They were my bro's comics, but he let me read them. :lol: But, I haven't bought any comics in a very long time. My brother got the Feedback comic for me (that was the first winner of Sci fi channel's "who wants to be a superhero" or whatever that show is called- by the way, does anyone know if that show is going to return?).

I read a fanfic once that was a Buffy fic, but had Ash in it. It was really good. I wish they'd make a comic of Ash in the Buffy verse. I always thought Xander kind of looked like him. So maybe he could be related somehow. :lol:

10. Kohoutek

Kohoutek Prime Suspect

Spider-Man is a Marvel character. Just googled Marvel Zombies vs Ash and it took me to this wikipedia page:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Zombies_vs._The_Army_of_Darkness

They look BRILLIANT! :lol: Definitely an eBay purchase for the near future.

A lack of funds has put a serious dent in my Buffy comic buying. But as soon as I have some spare money, I'll be back up to date. I'll let you know what happens with Giles and Faith. ;):lol:

11. GregNickRyanFan

I just had a really weird dream last night. For some reason I was over at my grandparents' house watching tv and I think it was CSI: NY, but it was on the CW. LMAO! Anyway, on a commercial break they advertised that Buffy was coming back on (new) either for one special two hour ep or full time, I can't remember which. Then I asked my grandfather when it said it was returning, cause I missed the date it said. He said he didn't know, but he thought they said sometime really soon. Anyway, it turned out that it came on right then. I missed the first minute of it. But, it showed Xander, Buffy, Giles and Spike. And then I woke up. :lol:

12. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I had no idea there was a Buffy thread!

I loved the show. Still do. I think it's one of the best TV shows ever.
    I can still remember the first time I watched it. When I saw Buffy, I fell immediately in love.

My favourite character was (of course) Buffy and Angel (now that was one hell of a romance there) but after watching the first episode of season 4 I have to admit that that changed. It was like I saw Willow for the first time.

Later on I really enjoyed Spike. The poor guy and his chip. Those were the most hilarious episodes ever.

There's so much more I'd like to say but at the moment I can't think of more. So I'll be back ;)

Oh, since I'm a sucker for romance :cool:, which couple did you like most? My favourite, well, probably Willow/Tara, closely followed by Buffy/Angel (epic) and Buffy/Spike.
    Worst couple: Willow/Kennedy (what a horrible person!)

Oh, seems my memory just got a boost, what's your favourite season? (since picking a favourite episode is just too hard for me) Mine's season 2. Just loved Angelus and tormented Buffy.

13. GregNickRyanFan

I agree with you completely on worst couple. I couldn't stand Kennedy. It's one thing to be a tough girl, but to be arrogant and overbearing is another thing entirely and that's the way Kennedy struck me. I guess it was just that she was such a complete opposite of sweet, gentle Tara that it just seemed odd. :lol:

Best couple, I dunno... I sort of like pretty much all of the other couples except for Giles and his girlfriend from England. :lol: Oh and Buffy/Scott. Scott was such a little twerp. :lol: I loved what Faith did to him at the dance. hehe.

I liked Willow/Oz and then later Willow/Tara. I liked Xander/Cordy and later Xander/Willow and then even later Xander/Anya. I liked Buffy with pretty much everyone she went with except for Scott (and the Immortal, but that was on an Angel ep lol).

The one pairing I really liked that was only sort of a pairing (just for one episode) was Giles/Joyce. I mean, Giles was already pretty much dad-like to Buffy and Quentin (water councelor guy) told Giles "you have a father's love for the child", so it was only natural to me that Giles should be with Joyce. :lol: One reason why "Band Candy" is one of my fave eps. :lol: Doesn't rival "Once More With Feeling", "Tabula Rasa" and "Hush" though. :lol:

Oh, by the way... Sarah Michelle Gellar and her husband Freddie Prinze Jr are expecting a baby. So, congrats to them. :D

14. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Ok Buffy fans! I found this news item. Buffy fans, you may want to take some deep breaths before reading.

Buffy Relaunching Without Whedon, Gellar...Regard for Fans?

Gina Serpe Gina Serpe – Tue May 26, 10:40 am ET
    Los Angeles (E! Online) – Blame Robert Pattinson. And, for that matter, Captain Kirk.

What with vampires and franchise relaunches suddenly all the rage, plans for a new Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie have inevitably come to pass, with the rights holders of the franchise announcing plans for a new Sunnydale-set film.

But there is a catch.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, the film, which will neither be a sequel nor prequel but a relaunch, is moving ahead with absolutely no involvement from film and series mastermind Joss Whedon. It will also fail to feature TV's Buffy herself, Sarah Michelle Gellar, and will in fact have no connection to the long-running series—meaning Angel, Willow, Xander and Spike will also be MIA.

That sound you just heard was the Whedonverse imploding.

The brain boxes behind the already fan-angering remake are Fran Rubel Kuzui, the director of the 1992 box-office bomb (which starred Kristy Swanson as the titular slayer abetted by Luke Perry), and her husband, Kaz Kuzui. Kuzui Enterprises has retained the rights to the franchise since their ill-fated film outing.

The idea behind the new reboot is to maintain the show's mythology while introducing a new slayer and Hellmouth-threatened group of pals, building on the idea that each generation has its own vampire slayer.

If all goes according to plan—and it's shaping up to be a rather large if—Kuzui is looking to franchise the film.

As for Whedon, he has yet to comment on the film's development. While Kuzui said they have not ruled out inviting cult king Whedon—still very much active in the Buffyverse, having shepherded several Buffy comic books to best-seller status in recent years—to take part in the film, they have not yet spoken to him about their plans.

link to story

15. GregNickRyanFan

So wait... I'm confused. Is the character gonna be named Buffy, or is it gonna be a different named Slayer?