The Buffy Thread

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by CSIannalysse, May 21, 2005.

?

Whose memoir would you read? (You may choose more than 1)

1. Mac Taylor

32 vote(s)
    48.5%
  2. Stella Bonasera

25 vote(s)
    37.9%
  3. Don Flack

29 vote(s)
    43.9%
  4. Danny Messer

22 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. Lindsay Monroe

11 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. Sheldon Hawkes

18 vote(s)
    27.3%
  7. Sid Hammerback

23 vote(s)
    34.8%
  8. Adam Ross

24 vote(s)
    36.4%
  9. Jessica Angell

6 vote(s)
    9.1%
  10. Other (please specify)

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Astrid

Astrid Rookie

I'm working my way through season 5 again....
    Was watching 'You're welcome'
    Forgot how fantastic Cordy was! I ished she had been in the last season more.

Any Firefly lovers here?

2. CSIannalysse

CSIannalysse CSI Level Two

I'd like to see the Firefly movie Serenity, it looks really interesting but I havent had the time, money or effort to go get/see it. I'm not really a fan of the show, but then again I can't actually say because I've only seen little snippets. I think this thread would be more properly named "The Jossverse Thread" so that maybe all things to do with him can be discussed to revive this thread.

I'm still reverberating (Sp?) off the walls that they cancelled Angel, I knew Buffy was at its end, and I'll admit that however, I feel that the networks are trying through all their power to get rid of him [Mr. Whedon] because he holds a lot of power in the Buffy/Angel/Firefly cult and that's a massive fan base; one bad word from him about the network and they're pretty much done for.

3. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I love BtVS (I have to admit the whole potential thing at the end was probably one of my least favourite storylines), I have all the seasons on DVD as well as the entire series of Angel.

As far as characters go overall I like them, I was not a fan of Jenny Calendar & Riley though - to be honest was I thrilled when Riley left the show, and not so happy to see him come back for one episode.

I also did enjoy Firefly - I was sad that it got canceled so early on. Not that I wasn't pissed that Angel was canceled but at least it got five seasons - though a very rushed last half of season 5. Although I wish it would have go one longer especially since they had plans to bring Oz into season 5 to help Nina the werewolf and all.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

there's a buffy thread?

I'm still wondering why they had to kill off Anya and let Andrew live though. I'm still mad they killed off Jonathan. he was the only one of the trio that I liked. I hated Warren and was glad when Willow offed him. :lol: Andrew was just annoying to me. :lol:

BTW, I liked Willow/Oz and Willow/Tara, but I hated Kennedy with a passion. I didn't like her attitude and I thought she didn't mesh well at all with Willow.

The musical ep is my fave ep ever!

I liked Buffy/Angel, Buffy/Riley and Buffy/Spike in different ways. :lol: Didn't like Buffy/Scott. I liked Owen until he acted like a big chicken. :lol: But, Parker was a sleazeball. :lol:

I liked Xander/Cordy and Xander/Anya.

I always wanted Giles to get together with Joyce (Buffy's mom) and he did for that one ep, so that was nice. But, I wanted him to be with her for the long haul. I always felt like he was a better father to Buffy than her bio dad was. So, him being with Joyce would have made him her stepdad and would have been neat. But then Joyce died. :(

Why is there a poll in this thread about NY characters? Weird.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  5. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

Because the thread Whose memoir would you read? redirects you here when you enter the poll :lol:
    It's like some kind of time-warping wormhole :wtf:

6. GregNickRyanFan

Time warping warmhole. :lol: I like that phrase. :D

7. CCA

CCA Police Officer

wow I was a HUGE buffy fan when it first came on...thanks to that show I was introduced to the world of FANFICTION!!!!

I loved it up till around season 4, then it completely lost my interest. One of the main reasons I loved Xander and I thought they treated his character like crap. He'd show up for only few seconds and then wham be gone, and I couldn't understand why they'd do that to such a great character. Or he'd get one episode while the others get tons all season...anyhew...loved the show!

By far my favorite episode to this date is The Wish! The idea of Buffy never showing up and the world going to pot, that was just awesome, such a great and creative idea...and the fact Nicholas Brendon looked hot as his double ganger in the leather outfit.

I've debated a few times about getting Season 1 thru Season 3 or something like that.

8. GregNickRyanFan

Hehe, I'm addicted to the show. My most fave characters were Xander and Giles. then in later seasons, Spike became a fave too. :lol: I loved the one thanksgiving ep where the gang was fighting that Native American spirit or whatever and something happened and he turned into a bear and spike goes "A bear? You made a bear!" And Buffy's like "I didn't mean to" and Spike says, "Undo it! Undo it!" I laughed so hard at that scene. Just the way he said all of that was too funny. I remember being so shocked when I found out that James Marsters wasn't actually English. Man that accent was convincing. :lol:

Another funny ep was "Tabula Rasa". Where Spike thinks his name is Randy and thinks he's Giles' son and he said "Randy Giles?" why didn't you just name me "horny giles" or "desperate for a shag giles". :guffaw: spike it just too funny.

9. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I loved Buffy. Well, still do, actually. I think it's the first show that I every really got addicted to. But honestly, I think I like the earlier seasons better. That's not to say the later seasons didn't have amazing moments (Such as Hush), but overall, I just liked the earlier seasons better.

Did I mention that I love this show?

10. Kohoutek

Kohoutek Prime Suspect

I love Buffy too.... I don't even think I could pick a favourite character, I love them all so much. Except for Riley. God, he was boring. Even when he was trying to be exciting with the drug withdrawal and the feeding vampires he was still so BORING.

Spike is brilliant, obviously. Love Willow and her indignation. Xander always got the best lines ("To read makes our speaking English good"). Giles just became the coolest man on the planet... That bit where he comes back from England and Buffy has to tell him what's happend (Xander left Anya at the alter and she's a vengeance demon again, Dawn's a klepto, and I'm sleeping with Spike) and he just bursts out laughing... Brilliant. :guffaw:

Think my favourite episodes would be Once More With Feeling, Hush, Something Blue, Pangs, The Body, Tabula Rasa, Restless, Band Candy and no doubt loads of others. :lol:

I love Angel too. I wish Alexis Denisof would do some more TV...

11. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

And Spike was also tied to a chair during that and kept getting hit with arrows and Angel was there and Willow and Xander thought he was evil again - and appeared everyone but Buffy knew about until Xander let it slip at the dinner table. And Buffy was obsessed with the food the whole episode.

12. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Good lord I loved Buffy... but, shockingly, not even half as much as my friend Dave. He owns every season box set on DVD, as well as the entire Angel series on DVD, most of the comics, most of the books, and he's actually met Nicholas Brendon (he got to be an assistant of sorts to Nicholas for an entire day).

I ADORED Spike. Probably one of my favorite with him was:

Spike: Passions is on! Timmy's down the bloody well and if you make me miss it, I'll -
    Giles: You'll do what? Lick me to death?

Oooooh my god, and the mock dialog he did between Angel and one of the people Angel saved... makes me laugh every time!

Spike: [as Rachel] How can I thank you, you mysterious black-clad hunk of a night thing?
    Spike: [as Angel] No need, little lady, your tears of gratitude are enough for me. You see, I was once a badass vampire, but love, and a pesky curse, defanged me. And now I'm just a big, fluffy puppy with bad teeth. No, not the hair! Never the hair!
    Spike: [as Rachel] But there must be some way I can show my appreciation?
    Spike: [as Angel] No, helping those in need's my job, and workin' up a load of sexual tension and prancing away like a magnificent poof is truly thanks enough.
    Spike: [as Rachel] I understand. I have a nephew who's gay, so...
    Spike: [as Angel] Say no more. Evil's still afoot. And I'm almost out of that nancy-boy hair-gel I like so much. Quickly, to the Angel-mobile, away!

And on the opposite end of the spectrum, "The Body" still makes me cry every time.

13. GregNickRyanFan

:lol: I hated Passions, which is why I didn't watch it, but the fact that Spike was a fan cracked me up. I loved his banter with Giles. Oh and the time Joyce and Dawn had to stay with Spike for protection and Joyce and Spike were discussing the happenings on Passions. :guffaw: I loved Spike mocking Angel too. the "nancy boy hair gel" thing cracked me up.

I know what you mean about "The body". It was so sad when Joyce died. When Buffy said "mommy?" I about lost it. Then when Willow started crying... and when Anya was like "she won't be there anymore and no one will tell me and I don't understand"... awww...

14. lal

lal Pathologist

Hi i like Buffy , my favorite episode is Hush :)

15. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Buffy was one of the shows that litterally gave me something to look forward to watching after school. I would pop in video tapes and rewatch the episodes a bunch. Yeah the Passions part cracked me up when I first watched it. I admit I used to watch the show * cough * it was good in the beginning and I only really became addicted when Justin Hartley joined the show. But James Marsters ... good grief that man is beautiful and for once I don't know what it is about him ... it's strange :lol:

Off topic ... but why in the world is that poll in this thread? :lol: