The British and Irish Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Mar 13, 2007.

1. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

^ Lmao about the M-in-L! :lol: It's been ok in warwickshire today. Not burning weather or anything. :(

Anyone know the richter scale 'amount' (I've used the wrong word lol) for the earthquake? I've heard 4.3 but 5.5 aswell. :confused:

2. faith666

faith666 Police Officer

I heard about the earthquake but I didn't feel it. I live in Manchester.

Weather is ok here. It's warm in the sun but really cold out of it. It's so windy too.

3. eggbe4thechicken

"Five men are jailed over an al-Qaeda-linked bomb plot that could have killed hundreds of people. MI5 tracked two of the 7 July bombers during the investigation, it has been revealed."

Off the BBC news website. ;) Took a while, but two of them got 35 years jail sentence, three of them 40 years.

Just a little news bullitin from Eggy. :lol:

4. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Resurrecting the thread after nearly a month! :eek: Us British and Irish folk don't seem to have anything of interest to say? That can't be right... :D

So, the bank holiday? the weather? The return this Friday of reality TV favourite Big Brother? Any comments? Got any plans for the summer, especially you student folk who will be breaking up soon?

Well, I did nothing for the bank holiday, and I blame the poor weather for it, although I'm always happy to have an extra day off work. ;)

5. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

Big Brother returns on Wednesday this year (30th). I have to say I am a sucker for it.

I'm still waiting on the day that someone I know walks through the door :lol: One of my friends got down to the final 100 before they cut to the final 12 last year. I know it'll only be a matter of time until I'm down at thw Elstreet Studios cheering on someone on BBLB. :lol:

BB has past it's peak BB2 and BB3 were my favourites I think BB3 edged it. I didn't miss a single episode.

This year I think I'll watch the opening night tomorrow and see if anyone takes my fancy and I'll take it from there...

6. eggbe4thechicken

^ Yeah Woot! BB! I'm a completely loser when it comes to that programme, I love watching the fights break out. :lol:
    So that's tomorrow night right? Wow. It's come around nice and fast. :p
    Sucks that it's on over exam period though, I'm easily distracted. :lol:

So the weather...it's a fine fine day today by the looks of it. :)

7. LemonJelly06

LemonJelly06 Lab Technician

I keep saying every year that i'm not gonna watch it, but I always end up doing so, thought I swear after the second one, it just got dull.
    I'm from Shropshire btw, so hope you dont mind me posting here. :p

8. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

and here's another Brit for the crew ;)

Well, I'm Welsh actually. I live in Manchester though these days, have done for over 14 years. Sniff.

9. eggbe4thechicken

^^Both of you are British?! :eek: It's strange how Brits seem to be drawn to the Billy P thread. :lol: I think we even out number Americans there. :p
    Welcomeness anywho. :D

Who's excited about BB on tonight? *raises hand* :rolleyes:

10. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

us Brits have impeccable taste in actors!

As for BB, I'll watch to see how it looks! I either tend to love it or hate it, no inbetween. Just depends on the people on it. So I'll watch the first few days, and by the end of the first week I'll have a fair idea if I'm going to stick with it.

11. LemonJelly06

I'm soooo working tonight so I can't watch it, which is annoying cause I like to see who goes in, it makes me laugh! :p

12. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

mmmm, don't think I'll be bothering much with BB this summer!

Edited to extend the answer, as it seems that a genuine one line answer in a post where I was discussing BB before, isn't the done thing, not sure why there was a need for the 'rolling eyes' response to it being that it was a legitimate response. But I apologise for offending :)

An all girl house (for now), is just a really bad idea. What more can you say, it's just crazy. Hopefully they'll see sense. Too many samey characters as always - the plastic bimbettes with no personality, just doesn't do it for me.

13. LemonJelly06

See I say that every year, but I always end up watching it!!

I find it really strange how this year BB said they were going for romance instead of being evil like last year, but they've put 11 women in, and putting 1 guy in on friday. What the hell!? and what's with putting things like the cooker in the bathroom or whatever it is, etc etc. Soooo strange. :p

14. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Please go to read sticky topic in the top of Miscellaneous. Its title is "Posting in Misc - Please read"

:rolleyes:

15. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

I think the all girls idea to begin with is a rubbish idead :rolleyes: I never like any of the girls anyway. in 7 years of Big Brother I've wanted one girl to win :rolleyes:

I think the rest of the female population are un intrested in aload of bitchin, aggorant wannabe's aswell.

I didn't mind the Welsh girl Laura, I thought she was a laugh, and the Brisol girl Emily who looked like Peaches Geldof, but the others were either too much for me or properly weird

Those feckin' twins did my head riiiiiiiiiiiiight in :lol: