The British and Irish Thread

^That's cool. Sucks about the female/male ratio. Although, as of...Sunday, I have changed my mind, (yet again, I do this a lot ;)) I am now going to Lincoln. I have been saying no to it for ages simply because it is a bit far away, but I went to see it on Sunday, and now it's just like shove it, the course is amazing. :lol:

Why has everyone left this thread?

Just wanted to comment on the fantastic weather we have had since Easter here in good old blighty, I have been off for two weeks with the kids on easter break and have been to the beach, the park, had bbqs and done some sunbathing today :cool: - virtually unheard of in April!

jcole03 said:
yeah today has been a beautiful day

Please add more content to your post. Short posts like these are considered as spamming and may lead to official warning.

Lvodkadiet said:
Just wanted to comment on the fantastic weather we have had since Easter here in good old blighty,
The weather has been pretty awesome. Sunday was really warm, I think it was the hottest day of the year so far. :eek:

I don't mind it when the weather is like it is at the moment, but I'm really not a fan of really hot weather. I hated summer last year, it was too hot. Unfortunately forecasters reckon this summer is going to be even hotter. :eek:

Today I heard on the radio that they are forecasting snow by the end of the week! Didnt this happen the last time it was nice? I am sure they dont want us to enjoy the heat and be miserable in this country.

I am with you on the heat Tinkerbell this weekend was just right, t-shirt weather but no sweat. I hate it when it makes you sweat. Its not too bad if your at home as you can pop indoors when it gets too much and cool off but I had days out in the heat. I am going to Majorca in August and I think I am going to roast. Plus I burn pretty quick which is not nice.

The news today was awful about all those kids in Virginia. Seems a bit suspect tho that the bloke managed to kill a couple and then go somewhere half a mile away to kill the rest, surely they should have shut the uni and done something sooner? Seems to be more to that than has been reported yet.

Cool I didn't even know about this thread.

*Is from South East Ireland*

^^ Really have been amazed at the gorgeous weather we've been getting. If our summer was anything like this I for one would be delighted!

By the way...guinness is a vile drink...I don't know how anybody drinks it. Urgh! :)

How come I have only just discovered this thread? Being the Patriotic Brit that I am :eek: :lol:

Hello fellow Brits *waves* and of course the Irish. :cool: I'm off to Dublin for the weekend myself :D I'm looking forward. I won't be drinking Guiness though, Vile stuff :devil:

I live in the good ole' North West of En-Ger-Land in Wigan in Lancashire. I dunno what I said good ole' coz there isn't owt special about life ere :lol:

The weather at the weekend was heavenly. I sunbathed in my back garden all saturday and sunday. I've gone really tanned :D I Love It!! The temperature gauge in our back garden in the direct sunlight read 34C it was a scorcher. I have to say I am looking forward to the 100F summers :lol:

Hello June 95 *waves back*. My brother went to Dublin last weekend and said it was brilliant. Its now on my list of places I want to go (which is extensive!).

I live in Essex (although hopefully I dont qualify as your typical "Essex Girl" as I dont actually come from here)but its not all that bad really.

I like Dublin, I've been a few times now *thinks* I think this weekend will be my 13 :eek: trip across the pond to Dublin. I've also been to Donegal, Co Mayo, Sligo and been to Belfast about 6/7 times also.

Where abouts in Essex do you live?

In Chelmsford, quite a big town, and it has quite a good shopping centre with loads of bars.

The furthest north I have gone is Newcastle, which I didnt see much of, just as we were driving through to a wedding. I want to go to the Lake District, Bath, Cambridge and North Wales. I've been to South Wales and Cornwall/Devon quite a bit, and I love Cornwall, so pretty.

I'll agree with everyone that the weather here has been absolutely gorgeous. I've been walking to and from work wearing sunglasses for the last few days. Long may it continue :)
I'm living in Bedfordshire at the moment but originally from Somerset. Could do with being at my parents right now as they live in the seaside town where I grew up. Nothing like sunning yourself on a beach.

Yeah I know Chelmsford...well I don't know it I've haven't been there :lol: but I'm aware of its existance. I do have a few mates that live in various places in Essex....Basildon, Billericay.... to name a couple.

I've been all over our Great country, I have lots of mates scattered acros the British Isles and Ireland and I visit them frequently. From Edinburgh, Glasgow and Newcastle, down to Essex, Kent, Brighton and Bath.

Hmm I have a friends that lives in Bedfordshire also, in Sandy. ;)

Greetings! Was wondering if anyone is from Mayo? Mom's entire family is from Westport...and since you are all talking about the weather, I was there for a week in June, and was wearing fleece and freezing the whole time! Love Ireland, it was beautiful and everyone was wonderful to us! :)

McStokes said:
Greetings! Was wondering if anyone is from Mayo? Mom's entire family is from Westport...and since you are all talking about the weather, I was there for a week in June, and was wearing fleece and freezing the whole time! Love Ireland, it was beautiful and everyone was wonderful to us! :)

See that's the thing about us Irish...a slight break in the clouds and everyone is a)either complaining about how hot it is or b) people are walking around in almost nothing, breaking out the sun loungers etc because this is about as warm as it gets here!

Although I have to say this time it truly has been lovely..I hope it lasts but I think it'll rain at the weekend.

From Waterford myself..so a fair bit away from Mayo. ;)

Back