~The Break Room~ - Off-Topic Thread #2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by wibble, Oct 27, 2006.

1. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Isn't that what school is about? Reading I mean.
    Where else do you have the time and quiet to read without interrution? I haven't read much since I've been out of school because at home I always get distracted by the TV, music, my sister...or I sit in front of the pc.
    At school there was just me, my book and the constant babble of people around me, I've read 5 books during my last two years at school because we never really got to do anything...
    Ok, so I didn't only read...I've talked a lot too ;)

2. Depth-Of-Love

Depth-Of-Love Lab Technician

haha nice levon but maybe you can actually get this project in on time. haha jk. \

eww im very cold...very very cold. and today i have to go sit in a very cold classroom! ergh. I also have a project and my friend is like ok you do the written part and get the stuff for the poster and ill just make the poster..like wtf! i need help. i cant do it all.

and i just found THE coolest pencil ever!

3. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I saw my schedule today. It did not impress me.

French
    Spare
    Spare
    Spare
    Lunch
    Spare
    French

...Wtf? :rolleyes:

4. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I remember in Upper Secondary school when we had turned 18 (in 2nd year) we started to spend our spare hours in pub playing pool :rolleyes: (and perhaps sipping something)

5. wibble

wibble Corpse

Geni, all those Spare slots look nice :p

6. Finch

:lol: It's too bad my school doesn't have a pub...Or a pool table. :p

We have a library which we aren't allowed to use, computers which we're locked out of, a gym that's locked at all times, a closed and locked cafetiera, the soda machines have juice in them, and they cost 2.50$, no student lounge, and the cafeteria tables fold into the 'up' position after lunch. :rolleyes:

So it's either sit in the hall or go home. (So now I'm at home until 1:40 and then I go back to school for last block.)

ETA: Yes, spares are heaven but when you can't do anything in the school but sit there, it gets a little boring. I'm too smart for homework and I'm finished all my books. :eek: :lol:

Ah well, at least I didn't have to sit outside in the snow. :p

7. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

All we had to do was go over the railway and there was pub :D yayness! and place where teachers never came :p then we had megasmall student's lounge where we had to kick kids (grades 7-9) out because during the breaks they should have been OUTSIDE AND NOT USING COMPS THAT WERE FOR US!

8. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

:lol: wow, that sucks. It reminds me of my best friends last semester of gr.11:
    Art
    Spare
    Drama
    Lunch
    Spare
    Art
    :lol:

9. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

I had one spare last year! And what a nice spare it was, I usually spent it in the library doing homework :lol:

Oh god, I am so screwed. I got my mark back from what I got on my test...I got 36%! And that was supposed to be an "easy" test, can't wait to see what a hard test looks like :p

Oh whatever, I'll do some extra credit or something, haha.

10. Finch

At least my day was productive in all of the two classes I had today. :p I had 92% on my french vocabulary, and then I handed in my essay. Never trust spellcheck. It's the worst invention on the planet. :rolleyes:

^^ Wow look at all those options! :lol: I wish I had options. They were carving pumpkins today in art and I wanted to badly to get away from the smell. :p (Okay so that didn't explain why I wanted an option but I need more credits.)

11. Calihan

Calihan Captain

I'd love an eaiser schedule with more Sprae time to work. If you want to see a horrible schedule wait until you see mine.

Monday
    8:55 Algebra
    10:30 Rhetoric
    11 Algebra
    11:30 Lunch
    11:50 PE
    12:50 Government
    2:45 Dismissal

Tuesday
    8:55 English
    10:40 Rhetoric
    11:10 PE
    11:50 Boy’s Group
    12:10 Chemistry
    1:50 Electives/Web Design

Wednesday
    8:55 Tutorial
    11:15 Extended Lunch -During the lunch we discuss problems at the school and upcoming events.
    12:15 Dismissal

Thursday
    8:55 Algebra
    11:10 Boys Group
    12:10 Government
    1:50 Electives/Web Design

Friday
    8:55 English
    12:50 Chemistry
    2:45 Dismissal.

12. allmaple

allmaple Judge

what the heck is rhetoric?
    when i was in high school i had no spares, went right from 815-245 with an hour for lunch. and i took all maths and sciences, but french and music were my fun courses :D
    next semester i have only one morning class, so it should be good. i hate mornings :lol:

13. Calihan

Calihan Captain

Rhetoric is a public sppeking course, the teacher for the class is horrible. She is rude to everyone and everoyne hates her. She actually said this about a research project to a friend of mine who is partilly blind "It doesn't matter that you can't see your computer you still have to have a first draft in on (I forget the exact day)". There is no excuse for that kind of behavior coming from a teacher to a student.

I wish we would take a forign language, that would be much more useful in life.

14. Finch

I wish I could take a foreign language too. French and English here...Are not exactly foreign. :lol:

I want to learn Greek or German. :D

15. Annissa

Annissa Witness

I have a midterm on Wednesday - open book, open notes - I've slacked off all weekend and now here I sit watching my 4th hour of Miami! I've become such a slacker lately.