~The Break Room~ - Off-Topic Thread #2

Hmm random, we are going to Amsterdam next weekend! I have wanted to go for ages and all my friends that have been rave about how beautiful it is.
Weekend plans, gonna watch all three X-men movies, sigh I do love Hugh!

Have fun, Kiwi_kid! It sure is a nice city.

Oh, and wibble, no problem :p.

I've been to IKEA (err, sorry, Ducky) today. Bought some lovely stuff :)

Well, I do get friday (today :)) off, but I have to work on monday. And guess what... I start at 6am on saturday, and 4am on sunday and monday.

Yes! I win! Ha! Oh... wait, I don't think I wanted to win. :lol: Yeah, I did two years of university, and decided to wait a year to go back, to save money and figure out what I really want to do. And I can't wait to go back in september :)

wibble said
And yeah, I usually only need one eye on everyone, 'cause y'all so well behaved in this joint ;)

*pats self on back* :lol: :p

...*sigh* I really wish that place would call me back so I could get a job. I hate job hunting.

My guitar is calling me...*grabs guitar*

^^Haha, awe, I hope they call you!

My work didn't pay me again! It's been 6 weeks now that I haven't been paid for. And I'd just quit...but I won't my money! I did not work 6 weeks for free. And I haven't been working at my other job long enough to be paid.

Blah, weekend? Not much, Allie's working tonight so right now I am babysitting two little kids (that I barley know but I'm so broke.) Then tomorrow I'm taking like a 6 hour car trip to go spread my grandfathers ashes! Then I get back Sunday, screw around the house for a bit 'til I'm tired, then I start the week over again.

I wish I had a job 'cause I really need $$$. However, since I'm pretty much a full time student I can't really work. I made a big mistake of hilighting my hair blonde & I want to get all the hilights removed from my hair. Well, supposedly it costs at least 300 dollars to do it at the salon that I'm a regular client at. I have dark brown hair & I really miss my natural shade. Blonde just isn't for me :(.

As for this weekend tomorrow is my dad's 51st birthday so we're probably gonna have a cake & do some other stuff. I got him a 24 piece 72% cocoa(sp?) set from Godiva's which is like the king of all choclates. It was either that or cigars. I mean, I am of legal age to buy cigars but the problem is I don't know where to find them & also, they're crazy expensive. He likes those Romeo Y Juliet or whatever they're called.

Besides my dad's birthday I have phonetics quiz to study for & I'm gonna do some last minute Halloween preperations as well. I just can't believe the month is almost over...

Jorja I wish i had a job too, I could get a job because the legal working age in Massachusetts is 16 which I am. Actually the leagal age is 15 but there's a shitload of restrictions which are eased at 16, but really no place will hire you. I do get money from my parents, but I'd rather earn my own money. If any of you know about any places that hire 16 year olds please either post it or PM me.

The place I work in hires at 16. But I'm in Canada, so I dont' think that'll help you.
Gosh, I'm so bored. Again. Arg.

^^ ...McDonalds? :lol:

I mean, hey, everyone has to start somewhere. My first job was at a store like Wal-Mart but unfortunately I had to quit because they changed the terms of my contract without my consent so they can kiss my behind. :p

One a side note, I hope your dad has a wonderful birthday jorja. :)

I started off at Tim Hortons! (a really popular coffee place in I think all of Canada) Then I worked at various places now I'm working at Superstore (where I haven't been paid for 6 weeks) and The Gap (where I've worked at for like a week)

Did you know Tim Hortons where my little sister lives hires at 13? My little sister is planning to get a job there soon :lol: I was like ew, I hated that job, have fun with that!

Here the limit is 15, dangerous jobs either 18 and some over 20.
Funny that you can work in a farm when you turn 15 (See... each town has people, who go to a farm if farmer (or his/her spouse)takes vacation. Each person has a certain number of days/sundays what she can have. It depends on cattle and stuff. So town pays for these people when they work here that time.)So I've been doing that work at home ever since I was 15. Those who stay in our farm get 60cents/h less that when you go to some other farm, but no big deal. It's 7.50€/h and our farm it's 7h/day. Sundays and other holidays are extra. Esp when I don't have big tax %.

And then I'll be probably getting some, since I've been cleaning our forest with cleaning saw. If I remember right, in this area it's some 250€/hectar and that spot there is 4.6 hectars.

SO yeah. My work is different from everyone else's ;)

i work as a part time dance teacher at a local studio. it's a lot of fun to teach kids how to dance. i also work part time at a daycare center for kids from kindergarten to grade 6. the kids are so cute. they all love me :p . for the daycare center i do a lot of different activities with the kids. for november i'm going to have a poetry contest and in january i'm hosting a 'so you think you can dance, DROOS style' dance contest like the show. DROOS is the name of the center.

Back