~The Break Room~ - Off-Topic Thread #2

Tuesdays is the worst day for me because I have to go in at 9am and lesson finishes at 10:30am. And I have to hang around in my college town all day until 3pm! :p So..I'd just spend hours in a local cafe doing nothing. :rolleyes:

Tuesdays is the worst day for me too because I have got 8 lessons...15 minutes break than 2 lessons and a film analysing lesson...which is 2 hours...so I'm at school from 6:30am till 9:30pm!!

Tuesday and Thursdays suck for me. I'm not out of school 'til 4 PM...and they're all the courses I hate on those days too.

Grr, I'm tired! The night before I underslept, yesterday I over slept! I just cannot win...

I'm never out of school till 5:30 because of tennis for two hours. So basically I'm at school for 9 and a half hours a day.....
Wednesdays are the best days for me, because I have 2 studyhalls, 2 frees, and an hour long lunch.

I have a question and I'm not sure where to post this - how does one post an avatar? Are there ones to chose from here on this board or do you have to create your own?
Thanks

It's explained in a few places (like in Welcome to Miscellaneous and FAQ if I remember right)

anyways. Usually people here upload avatar to hostsite (such as imageshack or photobucket). They can be anything that go by the rules and a certain size (pixels are 100x100). If you know who has down the avatar, credit the person in your signature or profile bio.
then you go to "My home" and then Personal information and there you find the needed stuff and then just submit.

Has anyone ever seen the show "Max and Ruby" on Nick Jr. or Treehouse TV, depending where you are. Well, I found this on ImdB about the show and I felt I just had to share. It gave me a laugh.

By: wolfmoonandsun.

"I saw this once when I had a cold and the only alternative to Nick Jr. was political shows and Jerry Springer. To my surprise, I found it very sweet. OK, OK-it was downright adorable!

The show is about two little white bunnies, Ruby (age 7) and her little brother Max (age 3) and the trouble they get into. Actually, the trouble Max gets into because his stupid sister won't watch him. I'm sorry to say it, but Ruby is a terrible guardian. She neglects Max in favor of playing with her dolls (they have stupid names like Curly Shirly and Quack Quack Duck). If she bothers to play with him, it usually involves dressing him up with makeup like a prostitute. In an episode I saw just today, Max was hungry. You could tell because he kept saying "hungry!" Apparently Ruby is oblivious to his starvation and hauls him upstairs to give him a bath. While she fills the tub, Max goes down and gets a tub of sherbet. Ruby finds him and takes him back to the bathroom, sherbet and all, and then leaves him unattended in the tub to go get soap (real good parenting, honey. While you ramble about peach soap, Max is floating face down in the water.) She comes back to find that he has brought his sherbet into the tub, spilled it, and the water is now full of it. While she prepares a new bath, Max goes down for more food. Ruby brings him back up with the food, goes to get towels, Max spills the food in the water. This is repeated THREE TIMES. FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS SACRED, RUBY, JUST GET THE CHILD A SANDWICH AND LET HIM EAT IT DOWNSTAIRS!

Like I said, Ruby is a horrible guardian. I have no idea where their parents are-maybe on vacation. I personally have a theory that they were killed in a bar fight and social services doesn't exist in the rabbit world. But I digress. The wonderful thing about this show is how Max outsmarts Ruby. He usually finds a way to get what he wants/or solve a problem despite Ruby's constant barrage of "No, Max!" Oh, and the look he gets on his face when he does. First he narrows his eyes at Ruby, as if saying "Nasty old wench." Then he pulls back his ears with this clever little smile...it's one of the cutest things I've ever seen.

Best of all, there really don't seem to be any morals in the show. Just things like "Listen to others, don't be like Ruby!" and "If you're smarter than someone else, you can succeed at whatever you want." These are very thinly veiled and probably not intentional. But unlike the lessons in Dora the Explorer, they can be used in real life!

Cute, funny, and just a little evil-I give Max and Ruby 7/10!"

Haha, I love it so much! It's funny, and oh-so true. DIE RUBY DIE. The episode I saw yesterday was about Max and Ruby, out picking flowers for Grandma who lives across the way. SHE'S ALWAYS COMING OVER FOR DAMN TEAPARTIES. ARG. But, I digress. (Yes, I say that too) So, Max sees a frog that he wants to bring home. He puts it in his pocket in the front. Ruby says, "No, Max! Froggy has to stay!" and makes him put it back. This is repeated a countless number of times, each on in different pockets. Eventually Max and Ruby make it home, and the frog starts to follow them.

Then, we see a hand pick up the innocent frog and carry him off to a cave somewhere in the woods where it plans to eat the frogs legs with garlic and a side of butter! Ermh.. *cough* In my imagination, actually. Really, it's Grandma who brings thee frog back to Max. Sheesh. All that trouble of checking pockets and whatnot for nothing, eh, Ruby?

:lol: I have to find this show. :lol:

That was the best thing I've read all morning. Thanks Mini_Catherine. :D

...I have six soda cans on my desk. *sigh* I'll clean them, I'll clean them.

Thanks DaWacko – I checked the FAQ and read the thread about URL tags, but there was nothing about there being avatars here to choose from.

Annissa, there aren't really avatars to choose from. If you don't want to make your own, there are many people here who would be willing to make one for you, or you could take one that's already made (with permission). I would suggest taking a look in the fanart forum :)

Thanks for the suggestion. I’m not that crafty yet on the computer. Everyone’s avatars look so good here. I’m heading over to fanart forum.

You know what? This area I am in is very messy. In the area I can see I see my cellphone, my chapstick, a scarf, a dictonary, a duotang, a 20 dollar bill (that if one of my roommates doesn't claim soon I'll keep), a bunch of CD's newspapers, empty cups, full cups, pop cans, pop bottles and a lunch bag. :lol:

^ I bet mine is messier lets see. On the computer desk there is my purse with the eyliner threatening to fall out, hair defrizzer, three Green Day albums, my sister's cellphone, an ice cream dish full of pennies (don't ask I have no clue why they are there), my Bat Mitzvah book, a pair of PotC socks and my Sidekick. Oh and my little brother's hannukah list.

Oh sweet lord how much I love Blue1 custom service :lol:

Blue1 is a airplane company, part of SAS group. Blue1 is Finnish even SAS is Swedish. Anyways - even it's in "cheap travel" companies, they have ace service (like in all Finnish planes, you get a snack even the flight is about an hour long :eek:) anyways... Since I fly with it, and I need to use my sis' card to make booking (since they need it and I cannot have credit card) I have to call custom service to make sure the stuff I print I get to plane.

Anyways... my point. All people working in Custom Service is Estonian. I swear they are Estonian (Not sure are their headquarters in Tallin - I think so - because of taxes) and they speak so funny! Esp this one who answered now (Carmen) was soooo Estonian. teehee. Makes me want to imitate them :(

Ah. So funny.

I feel soo bad! I bought my little sister hair dye and it turned her hair redie blonde instead of blonde...and I told her it would turn out dirty blonde...oops.

Back