~The Break Room~ - Off-Topic Thread #2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by wibble, Oct 27, 2006.

1. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

I was 14 year old.. It is legal to work from the age of 15 though... And I was working in hours were 15 years old could not work either. It paid double... Needed to money... I can't complain!

Now I don;t have the time to work. School and my sport needs all of my time now...

2. meshellb2001

meshellb2001 Lab Technician

You can get a job at 14 or 15 here, as long as you have permisson from your school and parents ok it. Otherwise it's 16.

I don't really understand it all about the school giving you permisson, sounds kinda silly to me.... unless you have to keep your grades up

3. Calihan

Calihan Captain

The real problem is that no place hires 16 year olds. That and there's a lot of restrictions about what minors can and can't work with.

4. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

they actually want them here for the easy work because they are cheap labor!

5. meshellb2001

meshellb2001 Lab Technician

all the fast foods places around here hire teens, the other day I went to Taco Bell and had to wait FOREVER, {was about to walk out}... because the girls up front were to busy talking about their dates from the night before....

6. ShuriyuCSI

ShuriyuCSI Judge

They hire 14-year-olds here in Canada. Well... In Nanaimo.

o_O;;

7. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

Here in Vancouver you gotta be 15. Well, first you need a SIN (Social Insurance Number) & then *boom* you can work. You don't get much choice though as a lot of jobs require work experience & all you pretty much had up to then is volunteer work so you're basically stuck working at a fast food joint. My first job was a temporary employee at a major pet store chain called Pet Cetera & then I went on to make pizza at Little Caerser's. Now I'm sick of those 5 bucks medium pepporini pizzas :lol:.

8. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

I am on a never-ending hunt for smilies. I have a bunch I can "abuse". Off-topic story time...
    Once upon a time, a rocker [​IMG] and a young cheerleader [​IMG] fell in love [​IMG]. They exchanged lovey-dovey e-mails [​IMG] and dated [​IMG] in secret. Alas, their parents frowned upon [​IMG] this love [​IMG] and they argued [​IMG] with the teens. Soon the guy got sick [​IMG] and the girl rushed to his side, in tears [​IMG] proclaiming her love [​IMG]. In the end, their parents consented [​IMG] and the young couple celebrated [​IMG]!
    The rocker [​IMG] and his cheerleader [​IMG] eventually settled down and had a baby [​IMG].

Now that my friends, is smiley love. [​IMG]

I approve this smilie story! [​IMG]

(those weren't even half of my smilies! :lol:)

9. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

But the thing is law is there to protect kids.

10. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Once you start working, it seems like you never stop! Apart from the money aspect, I would wait as long as possible. That said, I got my first job when I was 16 (in a place called Betty's Tea rooms, which sounds as traditionally English as it is - if you know it you will probably know the uniform!). Only on Sundays, but is was a 9 hour day, on my feet all day, it was a big culture shock! They did have a nice canteen though... :)

Also, lots of places don't treat young staff very well, the pay is bad and you get all the worst jobs to do! :(

11. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

At first I went something like: :eek: :eek: :mad:

And then I was shouting: YEEAAAHHH!! GooOoooOoo! Hahahaha!

And in the end, I was totally: Awwwwww geezz!! I can't believe this!

Yes ladies and gentlemen! Valentino Rossi did NOT take home the Moto GP championship! He crashed in the fourth lap(which people have specualted that it was due to pressure from Vermeulen and having to catch up with Stoner). Ohhhh, it was most unfortunate for a man with his talent and skills to crash.. :(

On the up side, he managed to at least continue with the race and move up in position from last(20th position) to 13th position. He can take pride in that.

In the end, Nicky Hayden(Kentucky Kid from HELL!!) won the Moto GP 2006. I say, ohhhhh, I dare say that he shouldn't have won. We were hoping for a race but it turned out to be a lousy live action of motors going round and round a track. It was downright dull.. :( ANd he was riding very safe as he reached the final few laps..moving at a slow and careful pace. BORING!! :mad:

Despite Rossi having fallen in this race and didn't win, I still support him whole-heartedly. But he should really switch to Repsol Honda.. Yamaha have proved to have too much problems and it affects his ability to ride.

Hmm...congrats to Nicky and just watch out cos The Doctor will be back next season :D....

*done rambling*

12. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

What...I'm confused!

My friend/ one of my project partners is being so weird...she's like "I finished my part of the project, did you finisih yours?" and I was like "Umm...no, we have another 2 weeks to do it..." then she was all "well, you should get it done, because I want it done early" Haha, hmmm, yeah right, I am not going to finish something that I have 2 weeks to do.

It's snowing...I don't like snow, it's also cold, it's cold and snowy and icky!

Okay, I hate my job so much it hurts. I hate working for a lady that doesn't pay me, and I'd quit, but I want my money, stupid lady, I hate her. And for goodness sakes, putting baby clothes on a shelf for 7 hours isn't exactly fun either! Grr...I like my other job...but it doesn't pay enough for me to just work there sadly.

Oh and guess what I found out?: My little sister can get a job at Burger King, McDonalds, Tim Hortons and Garden Market (owned by Sobeys...just a grocery store) and she's 13. I actually think that's illegal...hmmm

13. Calihan

Calihan Captain

About your project I'd recomend you finih it before it's due so that when you see her part of the project, in case you need to be able to change your part and still turn it in on time.

14. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

But then if you rush your project, it may end up being crappy and then you don't have time to make changes anyways ;)

Ah well...bad recommendations from a person who always did projects alone and never returned those in time :D

15. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

But we still have two weeks of class time! It's not due 'til the end of November :p, and she like finished it, I was like "what are you planning to do in class?" she's planning to read a book :lol: